YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thank you for your help...
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

cameleon001l1
Posted 2007-12-29 2:49 PM (#101235)
Subject: Thank you for your help...

Hello,

I actually have a question about meditation, I'm pretty new at this, few months ago, I 've decided to experience meditation. Indeed, quiescing my mind is pretty eazy for me for I use this technique before sleeping otherwise i cannot sleep because of the flow of my thoughts.
Anyway...during my meditation something's happened. Indeed, I saw beautiful closed golden eyes, than I saw what I perceived as a sort of golden mask, which represented a very peaceful and calm man, the mask/face was getting closer and closer and while it was close to me, the golden eyes opened up, and I saw a ray of light between the eyes, it was pure white light with flash of different colors in it, like a jewel, it was so shiny/pure and nice... . I was pretty scared and I lost my quiet state, interrestingly enough a while after, I've experienced the premise of what I'd call an OBE (out of body experiment) I was litteraly sucked in a strange storm, everything was so fast, and once again I was so afraid that I came back to my body (made a strange sound :-/) and lost my quietness.
Although I could aknowledge the obe part, I cannot perceive the message of that mask, which I can describe right now (because I have searching for picture of it on the net) as a buddha's mask/face.
I have to say that i'm not buddhist at all, and I never have any interrest for buddhism.
But I know there is a message I have to understand, I know the answer is within me but I just wanna have your thoughts on this.
Thank you guys for your help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-12-29 9:28 PM (#101243 - in reply to #101235)
Subject: RE: Thank you for your help...

Since you wanted thought from us, this my thought:

You state that you know there is a message. You also know the answer is within you. I wonder why you want to know the thoughts of others. Are you saying that you want to know how to reach that answer? Please note that help should be requested only when you need it. Of course, this is my thought and NOT advice to you.

cameleon001l1 - 2007-12-29 2:49 PM
But I know there is a message I have to understand, I know the answer is within me but I just wanna have your thoughts on this. Thank you guys for your help.
tourist
Posted 2007-12-30 11:08 AM (#101258 - in reply to #101235)
Subject: RE: Thank you for your help...

Expert Yogi

cameleon - I am not a meditation teacher, but I know two things that are often suggested when we get questions like this. 1) ignore it. All visions, lovely and frightening, are distractions from the real "work" of meditation. 2) Sit with it. Time spent actively pursuing the answers to questions like this seems to chase the answer away. When the time is right, the answer will float right up and you'll know it is right. This one, I do have experience with myself.

OK - 3 things. Find a teacher. Meditation requires a knowledgeable, experienced assistance. Good luck!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)