YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hi everyone
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

mishoga
Posted 2007-12-19 9:26 AM (#100943)
Subject: Hi everyone

Expert Yogi

I didn't want to hijack the other post so I just thought I would post a new topic here and say hello to all my yogi friends. It has been long and I have missed the conversations here. I stopped in and read the topics but didn't have the motivation to participate. I spoke briefly with some members here in private emails but even that was limited. I really shut down and tried to save my energy for my family and my students.
So I just want to say, I am so happy I am feeling a bit better and tell you how much I missed our lively conversations. Thank you all for thinking of me. For everyone who deserves a Congrats, here it is.
On another note. I guess this would be considered self promotion but let me give you some background. I started dying my own clothing in the early spring because I was always drawn to tie dye yoga clothes. They are very expensive, as we all know. I knew I could make myself some great tops. So I did and students kept asking me to make some for sale. I staerted this project right before my son became ill. during the summer months I was home all day. My son wasn't feeling well and didn't have much energy. He slept a lot. I found great comfort in absorbing myself in creating unique tie dye clothing, never really thinking people would want it. They responded immediately. I had given up many classes because my son confided that he did not want me working as much. The sale of the clothes helps offset the expenses of his meds. It works two fold for me. I find it very therapuetic when I am in creative mode. Peace and quiet with color brings out the best in me, whatever form of creativity it may be.
I don't offer these up because I will make a lot of money. As a matter of fact, my clothes are a fraction of what you would pay for Prana, Marika, OmGirl, Lucky Brand, etc......
All the pcs I showed in the other link are sold. I will be starting a new line this January as I also have some customs to fill.
If you are interested, let me know.
Peace

(DSC00335.JPG)

(brown2.JPG)

(DSC00337.JPG)

(dsc00238.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC00335.JPG (67KB - 44 downloads)
Attachments brown2.JPG (36KB - 43 downloads)
Attachments DSC00337.JPG (52KB - 42 downloads)
Attachments dsc00238.jpg (75KB - 44 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2007-12-19 10:08 AM (#100948 - in reply to #100943)
Subject: RE: Hi everyone

those are really fun!
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-12-19 10:19 AM (#100950 - in reply to #100943)

This is divine. Due to this I remembered by close friend Niko who sold his tie dyed material on the road for many many years. I myself met him for at least 10 years while driving to Charlottsville, VA. He passed away last year and the funeral was in Tie Dyed dress code.

My first Yoga School had all his tie dyed material on the walls, windows, shrine, and my class dresses. Now, my school is just a small room and I am happy with that. I still have his material as a part of my bedding material and shrine.

Also, homepage of my website has a peace symbol which is a photograph of his tie dyed material.

Some of his work can be seen here, as I found it by googling: http://www.dharmatrading.com/autogen/featuredartists/html/46/

Now, I feel lucky that I know another one who replaces him for me. Thanks SisMish.

Edited by kulkarnn 2007-12-19 10:20 AM
mishoga
Posted 2007-12-19 10:21 AM (#100951 - in reply to #100943)

Expert Yogi

I want to go to your next spring retreat. Are you going to have it in the same place?

Neel, that is sad that he is not with us anymore but his art will live on forever. His work is good. For people who don't tie dye, it's pretty involved.

Edited by mishoga 2007-12-19 10:23 AM
Orbilia
Posted 2007-12-19 11:04 AM (#100955 - in reply to #100951)

Fabulous, fabulous!

But then I do have a lot of hippy chick in my soul :-)

Fee
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)