YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Been going for a while now
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Iyengar YogaMessage format

scotlfs
Posted 2007-12-11 12:28 PM (#100610)
Subject: Been going for a while now

I didn't want you all to think I disappeared, because I haven't. I have been going for a while now, and thoroughly pushing my body to the limits to the point where I had to take a week off around thankgiving from both yoga and martial arts. Anyway after taking a week off, i was totally refreshed, and amazingly where I thought I would loose some of my progress during that week and need to catch back up a little, I found that I was in much better shape after the break then before the break. Today if I were to pull a number out of my head I would have to say that after a month and a half of genuine practice has increased my performance by 50% in terms of range of motion and flexibility.

We have been working more on core muscles lately and there I am definately lacking I can tell. That will come too.

ALways learning more and moving forward with it.

Scot McPherson
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cyndi
Posted 2007-12-11 4:58 PM (#100632 - in reply to #100610)
Subject: RE: Been going for a while now

Expert Yogi

Hey Scot,

One thing is certain...You NEVER loose anything in yoga. Yes, it is good that you took a break, that is really important. As an official Bikram practictioner in the beginning, I can attest to the overpushing of my body past the limits sometimes (yea it happens) and pure "discomfort" most of the time...especially in the beginning times, is not good for you. In fact, you eventually find it doesn't gain you anything except the 'awareness' that you over-pushed and/or maybe not, discomfort is fine too, ...but, what's really important is the 'awareness' and 'discovery' of where you are at with your body. I guess we have to experience it to KNOW it and what that feels like too! Only you can measure your progress, however, bee careful about the competition thing going on within yourself. It's very common for us Westerner's to do this practice. I find it self-defeating and yoga is not only about the physical aspect...it's mental and when practiced with awareness, then it gets better and better. I'm generally speaking because that is where most of us are at in the beginning stages. That in itself is a major discovery.....because once we get past some of that BS...we pave the way for a beautiful and rewarding yoga practice. Then yoga becomes smoother and definitely more manageable...not the usual dread and push, push...stress and strain. Then all sorts of things start happening....like, we go out and multiply our bees and become "YogiBees".

P.S. Best not tell Neelbhai that you're a beekeeper....cause he might come steal all your honey, trust me,

FYa'll'sI, Scot is on one of the beekeeping forums that I belong to and we know some of the same beekeepers. I just found out that I stole his picture from cyberspace....and....not only that, he came onto this forum, introduced himself to me privately and the fact that I was using his picture (he said I could keep it so, I decided I better give all the credits to him)....but, what a small friggin world...what are the chances of that happening??? Anyway, I'm sooooo thrilled and happy that we have another beekeeper on yoga.com and that beekeepers, especially an organic beekeeper at that!!! is a Yogibee too!! I love reading all your contributions to the beekeeping industry Scot, I've learned sooo much from all you guys! I hope one day all our efforts will pay off for the bees! I just had to tell everybody that.

Edited by Cyndi 2007-12-11 5:14 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)