YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kundalini? is it good or bad?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

Vibrantwarmth
Posted 2007-12-05 12:58 PM (#100403)
Subject: Kundalini? is it good or bad?

Hi, i have recently heard from a guy who practices yoga that some may experience deep kundalini awakenings, i think that i may have had some form of small awakening, but um he told me that unless i can fully control it and understand it to avoid it, because it may have serious side effects or even kill me....is there evil meditation cause thinking about it makes me feel kind of weary...i have never had evil thoughts while meditating but i dunno, i want to avoid it....does anyone know anything more about it? please help?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-12-05 1:15 PM (#100407 - in reply to #100403)
Subject: RE: Kundalini? is it good or bad?

Kundalini is most fantastic and it is the Goddess in You. There is no way it can kill you. However, it is a store house of energy that is never under any human control totally. It graces you when you practice yoga in correct manner and then in some cases it can be used to your benefit. Even if you do not know it, and practice Yoga correctly, it shall grace you.

However, working with Kundalini in terms of Yoga Practice is not done always the same way.

When you work directly with it, such as in intense Hathayoga practices, etc., you are supposed to lead a controlled life, in the vicinity of an expert master. Otherwise, the dangers which your friend expressed might be faced. This type of work with Kundalini is not easily available in 21st Century.

When you work with it in a devotional practice, there is NO danger. Devotional practice may not be acceptable to certain set of Yoga Students. And, therefore, this line is not applicable to them.

ETC. other methods.

If you do not have a proper guide or method, you can safely ignore the topic of Kundalini and do sesible gentle practices. And, there is NO danger of Kundalini. In general, when a person is doing straightforward Yoga practices, there is NO danger of Kundalini.

And, when any friend makes comments such as you got, make sure that he has a good explanation or a source from where you can get information.

Best Luck.

Edited by kulkarnn 2007-12-05 1:20 PM
Vibrantwarmth
Posted 2007-12-06 3:07 PM (#100471 - in reply to #100403)

oh ok, hey thanks ill ask him if he has any reliable sources, i appreciate the help thanks, im only trying to understand things better
tweeva
Posted 2007-12-06 5:45 PM (#100478 - in reply to #100403)
Subject: RE: Kundalini? is it good or b

Veteran

Vibrantwarmth - 2007-12-04 6:58 PM

Hi, i have recently heard from a guy who practices yoga that some may experience deep kundalini awakenings, i think that i may have had some form of small awakening, but um he told me that unless i can fully control it and understand it to avoid it, because it may have serious side effects or even kill me....is there evil meditation cause thinking about it makes me feel kind of weary...i have never had evil thoughts while meditating but i dunno, i want to avoid it....does anyone know anything more about it? please help?

Edited by tweeva 2007-12-06 5:48 PM
tweeva
Posted 2007-12-06 5:47 PM (#100479 - in reply to #100403)

Veteran

Vibrantwarmth - 2007-12-04 6:58 PM

The force named Kundalini, residing in all of us, is neither good nor evil and can not be controlled by us. Only the ego is in serious danger when confronted with Her. But you need not be concerned if you treat Her with respect and don't try to force Her.

Tw
alexl
Posted 2007-12-07 9:47 PM (#100525 - in reply to #100403)

Hi there,
I agree with Neel & Tweeva.There is no danger, unless you have your Kundalini awakened by a non-authorized Kundalini master or awakened by itself, but your sushumna and all 7 major chakras are not activated yet.
I was lucky enough to have my Kundalini awakened back in 2000 and have been blessed since then. Ask around, follow your heart and intuition. Stay in the path of Love & Lights.

alex
Dreamoftheiris
Posted 2007-12-12 4:58 PM (#100682 - in reply to #100403)

Why is it bad to have it awaken by itself? That means she choose to awaken in you. I know there are problems, and I've experienced some myself, but as long as you are not afraid and understand what is going on, then you'll be fine.
Ram
Posted 2007-12-15 10:44 AM (#100796 - in reply to #100403)

My kundalini was awakened in a meditation 12 years ago. I did have a friend and read a lot about kundalini through Swami Mutkananda's books. Knowledge is important because otherwise you may be confused by what is happening to you.

It's a wonderful journey and I agree you should let your kundalini unfold naturally. Any type of intense breathing exercises can be dangerous.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)