YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm Back!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

Cyndi
Posted 2007-11-28 5:47 PM (#100010)
Subject: I'm Back!

Expert Yogi

It's good to come back to find out that I'm in third place on this forum's participation. At first I thought...hmm?? I have way too much time on my hands...then I realized absolutely NOT!! I've accomplished great things during this time....met some interesting pals. Then I realized how long I've been coming on this forum and how old we were getting,

Seriously, these last few days I've had a chance to re-connect in person with Neelbhai...I practically showed up on his doorstep with a moments notice to find this wonderful satvic home-cooked meal and great conversation...in person! Then, on my way back from Philly, I met up with Marylisa (JOSMT) and Dan, met their little critter family...that new aquarium is TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Met her avatar....I named it "Laxmi"... OMG, I could of sat there all evening..it was beautiful..what a setup. Marylisa is definitely going to have a baby...any day now,

I have to thank ZB for her wonderful walking instructions for my philly experience...we had a great time...we walked all over the place...IN THE RAIN and I didn't care one dam bit...it was great! We were able to visit Indpendence Hall and the Liberty Bell...which was a rocks throw from the Italian Embassy. Philly is a neat town. You know what?? I actually had tears come to my eyes when I entered the Liberty Bell building and saw the picture of HH Dalai Lama, Nelson Mandela, Ben Franklin (what a cool dude) and the entire meaning behind it all. It was very spiritual and one of those defining moments to say the least. We had a great visit all in all. It was a little on the stressful side, trying to travel so far in such a short period of time.....however, we took our time going back home and extened our trip for one day to sleep in a hotel in Staunton, Va...very nice little town. Hotel sat in the middle of a pasture..it was quiet and peaceful.

So, I now have met 2 people on yoga.com. I didn't get to eat at Marylisa's restaurant, she's closed on Mondays cause she and hubby get to stay home so they can enjoy that hugantic fish tank of their's!!.... but I saw it...it looked like a place that I would want to eat dinner at. The little town of Alexandria is so neat...reminded me of some little towns in NC and around Georgia that I hang out frequently. Very cool indeed.

When I get my new 75 gallon tank set up...I'll post some photos of Lord Jabu Jabu in his new home. Turns out he's a Green Severm...not a Discus...BUT, they are in the same family as a discus. He's still a really cool fish and he's so cool that I'm giving him a bigger home to hang out in. Thanks Marylisa!

P.S. I was on the Sunday evening Charlottesville, Va news too. We were held up in an accident on interestate 81 for over 2 hours. Finally, I had to go to the bathroom so bad and was so tired of NOT MOVING...so, we drove down the emergency lane to get to the next exit with gas and bathrooms. A news reporter stopped by and we chatted...then she asked me to go on television and tell them my experience. I did it with NO MAKEUP CREW FOR ME!! very natural!!! and OMG, I hope no one recogized me,

Edited by Cyndi 2007-11-28 5:54 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-11-29 6:30 AM (#100034 - in reply to #100010)
Subject: RE: I'm Back!

That sounds great, a little vacation, and progress all in one.

Posted 2007-11-29 7:12 AM (#100040 - in reply to #100010)

i'm glad that you enjoyed philly--it is a really amazing town. i really love going to the old part of the city and wandering around--no matter what the weather.
joscmt
Posted 2007-12-02 10:45 AM (#100200 - in reply to #100010)

Cyndi- It was really great meeting you! You'll have to post some pics of the tank once you get it set up.. and don't forget to email us if you have any questions!!! I have a houseguest this week who can't get enough of your honey!
Dan started hanging the cabinets around his tank for that "built-in" look..
Cyndi
Posted 2007-12-02 11:39 AM (#100205 - in reply to #100200)

Expert Yogi

Oh Crap....better hide that honey or your house-guest ain't never gonna leave,

As for the tank....I've got a professional aquarium kid coming over to help me on the 14th. We're turning that sump into a filtration system for fresh water. Should be quite interesting. I saw the set up at our local aquarium supply place...not a bad idea. Also, this week, I'm trying to get all that black paint off the back side and side. I want it to sit in the middle of the room and all sides be open. I'm fixing to drag out the old paint remover and blades....before I do, any suggestions...advice....????

joscmt
Posted 2007-12-05 9:09 AM (#100387 - in reply to #100010)

Cyndi- sounds like a good plan. As for the paint, just be careful not to get any of the paint remover inside the tank- it could be toxic to your water. Even if you wash it out... so try to keep it on the outside. We painted it black because it was against a wall... and we didn't want the cords/pipes/etc showing.
You'll have to post some pics when you are done with it! We are just about finished with the cabinetry around the tank.. it's looking AWESOME!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)