YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

food & chi flow interuptions?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Diet and NutritionMessage format

Gracie
Posted 2007-11-22 2:24 PM (#99774)
Subject: food & chi flow interuptions?

Hi all,

As you can see I am new to this site & also this subject area. I have just started a course on the Oriental Remedial Therapies, (it is a subject area that has always interested me) & we are currently covering the meridians, how the chi flows etc. Now the more I read & surf the more curious I am about how the food we eat effects the flow of chi, including what we eat causing interuptions, however I do not seem to be able to find anything on this.

Now correct me if I am wrong (please!) & bare with me as this will probably be very basic to all of you, but obviously chi is energy & all food contains energy, this energy vibrates at different levels & the more dense the vibration the more chance of interuption to chi, which in turn causes congestion of the meridian lines. (I did warn you it would be basic! lol)

The bit I can't seem to find anything on it the types of food that can cause the flow of chi to be interupted & also if this changes from person to person. I was wondering if there is a kind person on here that happens to know of a book or a website that could help me out with this or indeed someone willing to give me a basic nudge in the right direction.

I am sure we will cover this eventually it's just that I like to try & answer these things when I think of them!

Sorry to be a pain & thanks in advance for any pointers
Grace
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-11-22 3:25 PM (#99776 - in reply to #99774)
Subject: RE: food & chi flow interuptions?

Dear Grace:
As you said, I can only give you nudge in the direction of understanding what you are trying to know:

- this can not be understood without a personal experience , that is only by attending a course and reading books. That is one reason the material in terms of books is scanty.

- also, the concept of chi verses food can be studied in various ways, it does not have to be meridian way, it can be as simple as biological science. That is food and bio energy.

- when you learn on food verses chi or Anything verses Chi from a source who has Experiential Knowledge as Demonstrated in Practice, you should practice the understanding or instruction for a prolonged time on yourself, and then you shall know what the books can not provide.

- PM me if you have interest from some instruction from me. If you are in Virginia, see me.

Happy Thanksgiving

Edited by kulkarnn 2007-11-22 3:26 PM
Cyndi
Posted 2007-11-23 10:03 AM (#99785 - in reply to #99776)

Expert Yogi

Grace,

You need to get Paul Pitchford's book, "Healing with Whole Foods"...all your answers will be there.
Gracie
Posted 2007-11-27 8:39 AM (#99887 - in reply to #99774)

Hi both,

Thanks for the pointers.

Kulkarnn I understand that there are different ways to study chi within the body but at present that is how the course is studying it. I thought it would be easier for me to try & stick fairly close to the covering topics as from what i can gather it is a vast subject area.
I would gladly come and see you but I am in the UK so travel might cause an issue lol, thanks for the advise though.

Cyndi, thanks for the name of the book I will try to get hold of a copy.

I am finding the course very rewarding, although only basic at the moment, it is causing me to find different avenues of thought & opinions which in turn is sparking my interest daily. Hopefully i will be able to take part in some of the discussions on this forum from which I have already gained a useful amount of inspiration

Thanks again for the help

Grace
UrdhvaMukha
Posted 2007-12-01 6:33 PM (#100191 - in reply to #99785)
Subject: RE: food & chi flow interuptio

Cyndi - 2007-11-23 10:03 AM

Grace,

You need to get Paul Pitchford's book, "Healing with Whole Foods"...all your answers will be there.

I wouldn't say that "ALL" the answers are there, but this is a very good book. I teach nutrition from a holistic perspective.

I can list universally chi-blocking foods for you very quickly: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, dairy, most animal flesh (fish might be an exception, other meat as well depending on your individual system), all processed food, most non-organic food, foods that are incorrectly balanced (fruit salad - it's all of one thing, not balanced).

I can tell you that biochemical individuality is a very real thing. It means that what's clogging for one may not be for another. Unless you are working with a holistic nutrition practitioner it may be a lifelong quest to figure out what the right diet is for you. For instance - garlic. This is a food that to some increases the flow of chi, but for others it blocks completely.
tourist
Posted 2007-12-01 8:49 PM (#100193 - in reply to #100191)

Expert Yogi

I don't know if fruit salad is a good example. Assuming one eats a serving the same size as a piece of fruit, it is just as balanced as eating one piece of fruit. Now, if I ate nothing for my lunch except a huge fruit salad, I can agree with you.
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-12-02 10:50 AM (#100202 - in reply to #99774)

Hey Urdhva: I am not offending you. But, if one particulary item is clogging one human body Chi, I can not believe that it is releasing another body's chi. This way, we can not have a scientific query. Are you saying that Nutrition is NOT a science?

UrdhvaMukha
Posted 2007-12-02 3:11 PM (#100220 - in reply to #100202)

kulkarnn - 2007-12-02 10:50 AM

Hey Urdhva: I am not offending you. But, if one particulary item is clogging one human body Chi, I can not believe that it is releasing another body's chi. This way, we can not have a scientific query. Are you saying that Nutrition is NOT a science?

Not completely. Science is based on the scientific method which means that theories are developed based on observations, and one must be able to subject those theories to experiments. If the theory can't be falsified - then it is not science. The scientific method is very difficult to apply to complex systems because of the complexity of cause and effect in those systems.

Said more simply: the human body is far too complex to be picked apart with a tool as simple as science.

Sadly this age believes so strongly in science that it is blinding us to other languages that give knowledge of health and medicine.

I'm not saying that science isn't helpful - but yes - some things that are blocking to one person's chi won't be to anothers because of biochemical individuality (or morphic resonance, however you prefer to look at it). Take an eskimo that lives solely on animal fat. Their chi isn't blocked from this substance, but if you took someone from the Peruvian andes and fed them this food it sure would. And - believe it or not - vice versa.
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-12-02 8:46 PM (#100232 - in reply to #99774)

Thanks Urdhva. I agree with you with the way you stated things. In your last statement, you indicated 'eating of meat' causing the blocking of chi in certain cases. My question would be how one shall know the fact that 'meating in this particular case has blocked the chi'?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)