YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tingling w/ other weird things
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

Vibrantwarmth
Posted 2007-11-15 3:36 PM (#99514)
Subject: Tingling w/ other weird things

Hi, I am new to this website, and I am relatively new to meditation. I first started to meditate about a year ago because I am obsessed with martial arts, diet and nutrition, and I wanted to reach more peace and I wanted to become more "at one" with myself. The first time I meditated, it took me about 2 hours in order to get completely aware of everything around me, alongside with reaching a "newer" stage of consciousness that I have previously never been at before. I started off in my roon , and in the dark with no noise around, I started to do abdominal breathing along with listening and "feeling" everything around me with my mind, and after about 2 hours of doing this, i started to feel very warm, mostly radiating off of me. So, I didn't pay attention to this, but it got worse and then i started to feel very tingly all over, kind of like in waves, and it got faster and faster the deeper i went into meditation, alongside this, i could hear prominant humming...kind of like low frequency static...even tho i had earplugs in at the time. Then i was eventually able to control how fast and where I wanted the tinglyness to go, and now, a year later, the tingling only goes to my hands/fingure tips and my feet, but i can control where it goes still. During this, i thought that it was because i was sitting still for so long, but i wasn't numb, and whenever i would push/flick my hand putward it would feel like the tinglyness would want to shoot out of my hands, as if when i would move my hands/fingures..it would be greater in the part that i move. I have also experienced weird colors and circles of light when i am meditating, and and i have found that it may have some temporary healing atttributes beacuse when i injured my foot, from some unknown source/reason, I couldnt walk on it and i had to have my mom help me, and when i meditated, almost immediately my injured foot got super tingly and then after that i was able to walk on it, but no faster than a walk. Can someone help me figure out what this is, or at least point me in the right direction, cause i FEEL that there is something way more powerful, or deeper than just this, and i want to find out what it is, there are also no negative effects of this tinglyiness so far, and i am able to perform in athletics/cardio/weight training better after i meditate like this....please help? thanx, nick

Edited by Vibrantwarmth 2007-11-15 3:39 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Vibrantwarmth
Posted 2007-11-15 11:35 PM (#99528 - in reply to #99514)
Subject: RE: Tingling w/ other weird things

Hey can anyone please help, ive been reading a bit on Qi and the natural flow of energy, and i think this is what it is but im not sure, i know my paragraph is pretty big, but i just have a lot to say... thanx, Nick
tourist
Posted 2007-11-16 10:11 AM (#99536 - in reply to #99528)
Subject: RE: Tingling w/ other weird th

Expert Yogi

VW - we get many people with questions like this coming to the board. Usually our first questions to you would be - do you have a teacher? Are you practicing on your own, from a book, from stuff you have read online?
Vibrantwarmth
Posted 2007-11-16 10:44 AM (#99545 - in reply to #99514)

well i have received instruction from various martial arts teachers, not for yoga however, and i have read a couple of books on meditation, and i have read quite a bit on the internet, although i don't always trust what i read on the net though. Another thing is that when i stop meditating, the tinglyness goes away and i feel normal, except I feel relaxed, like i got at least 6 hours of sleep or something like that. I think it is some form of Qi, but im not 100% sure, i would have to consult a teacher in Qi-Gong in order to clerify it.
Vibrantwarmth
Posted 2007-11-28 10:57 AM (#99969 - in reply to #99514)

Hmm... so I guess no one is going to helpme. or even attempt to help, i dont know what i am going to do then
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-11-28 11:54 AM (#99974 - in reply to #99969)

Go to a meditation instructor who is experienced.

Vibrantwarmth - 2007-11-28 10:57 AM

Hmm... so I guess no one is going to helpme. or even attempt to help, i dont know what i am going to do then
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-11-28 11:54 AM (#99975 - in reply to #99974)

kulkarnn - 2007-11-28 11:54 AM

Go to a meditation instructor who is experienced. And, also PM me to know more to see whether I can be of help which you have not got so far.

Vibrantwarmth - 2007-11-28 10:57 AM

rae rae
Posted 2007-12-04 7:26 PM (#100352 - in reply to #99514)

Hey Nick,

I've heard of what you are talking about. In fact my best friend was having very similar experiences. He thought of it (when you saw the colors) as being able to see the energy of the objects around you. There is a lot of information pertaining to the colors of energy and they're meanings and healing effects. I could be wrong but I believe your feeling of warmth radiating off you is your energy growing as you ascend to a higher state of conciousness while meditating. This creates your ability to see the energy of other objects around you (different colors radiating off of different things). As you may already know, many have used meditation to influence energy when it came to healing... maybe that is how you cured your foot. Like I said, I am no professional on this subject but I too am a newby who has been very interested in the subject for a couple of years and have read a lot about it and things like it. If you would like I could try and gather some books/sources that pertain to your experience because I would like to learn more about it too.

But if anything, I wouldn't be scared... I'd be honored for being able to obtain such a high state of concousness

- Rachel
rae rae
Posted 2007-12-05 11:08 AM (#100396 - in reply to #99514)

Hey,

I found a book that I read a while back that may help in your search for an answer regarding your experience. The book is called Infinite Mind. I hope this helps!
Vibrantwarmth
Posted 2007-12-05 12:47 PM (#100402 - in reply to #99514)

hey thanx everybody for your help, well i have kind of figured it out, when i meditate now, when i get tingly, which was my previous goal, i dont focus on that, i just let it go, and i am now trying to reach the level higher than the tinglyiness and well when i did, i started to have bad nightmares, but there was a message with them, and they were so real that i know i have to change them, like the worst one was of my dad getting shot and i know where and how to stop it but i dont know when, but aside that, i feel more humble then ever now and i am a vegetarian now, and well, i feel great, i don't get sick, especially when i am meditating. I do recall one time when i meditated with tingly thing, i stretched my arms and my friend said that when my hand swept by his face it felt like something hit him. he said it felt really warm and he said it wanted to pull his face toward, he screamed and i had no idea what happened. One day after meditating, i went for a walk and this dog ran at me and tried to bite me, and at that time my hand was still tingly and i stuck my hand out and i felt a bunch of stuff ejecting out of my hand really fast and the dog yellped and took off running, that was really strange. That happened to me twice now with two different dogs, each time i only stuck out my hand to shield me from the dogs mouth....hmmm weird well anyways ill get that book and read it and maybe find an answer to this whole thing, unless the answer im looking for is in me and im just not looking in the right places

Edited by Vibrantwarmth 2007-12-05 12:51 PM
rae rae
Posted 2007-12-05 4:23 PM (#100415 - in reply to #99514)

well you must be doing something right if your figuring it all out and still having incredible experiences good luck!
Vibrantwarmth
Posted 2007-12-06 2:52 PM (#100470 - in reply to #99514)

hey, yea thanks, ill try my best, i hope i can find all the answers soon
alexl
Posted 2007-12-07 10:03 PM (#100527 - in reply to #99514)

Hi Nick,
It's ok to learn meditation from a book,but you will not get the full result of it until you find yourself a competent instructor either in person or online.
I myself prefer a meditation technique which is based on energy such as Reiki, Shamballa etc, where you could have your 7 major Chakras activated. Then, you would not have any problem with blocked energy.

alex
Vibrantwarmth
Posted 2008-01-29 8:04 PM (#102648 - in reply to #100527)

lol a knew ability popped up while meditating, i can't control it yet but its kool, well actually many smaller abilities as well, i can sense presences near me and far away, especially far away, i can sometimes see through my eyelids/blindfold and i see an energized makeup of the material world around me its really quite amazing, i taught my friend to sort of do it and so anyone can do it, and i also healed my friend's bruises with my new energetic hands, lol he said it was really hot like it would've burned him but it felt peaceful he said and it did not hurt although i wasnt quite able to control it and i woke up the next day with a bunch of blisters on my hands but they went away within 10 minutes of meditating that morning, and i almost levitated too, i swear it, i was in such a trance that i herd the hum of the unoverse and i could feel everyone in my house and when i thought about it, though i barely did, i could feel my body twisting a little bit and then i started to slowly go up and up but then i felt a powerful serge of enerygy and i panicked and i couldn't breathe and i felt like every cell in my body wanted to blow up lol

Edited by Vibrantwarmth 2008-01-29 8:08 PM
evenalegend
Posted 2008-02-13 12:36 AM (#103359 - in reply to #99514)

So I have started meditating about a year ago and I know this might not be the best way of doing things but it brings me to a very peaceful state of mind.So most times I turn on some music but soft music like pink floyd,the beatles,and so on.Its the kind of music that relaxes me and sit in the floor with my palms facing up.Anyways I usally closes my eyes and there was one time I actually feel asleep but when I woke up it was amazing how I felt.Anyways as of late I have been trying new things like I actually went outside in the freezing cold with just a short sleeve shirt and my fleece pants and half way thought it I could not feel the coldness or wind on my face and it wasn't because i got use to it or anything I had reach my other place.I just felt warmthness around me.Another time I was in my room and I could feel this pressure like someone holding me like hugging me and it was just so peaceful.Anyways last night I actually tried to meditate with my eyes open and focusing on this object on the floor.About ten mins into it this fog,best way to describe it,started coming into my visual and I could see my hands on my lap but the longer I sat there the more they started disappearing and then the object and everything around my room starting I guess you can say started disappearing.I was to the point where my whole entire room was and anything I could see was just white.I could barely see anything in my room but this white.I was almost to the point where I could only see white until my cat clawed my back and made me snap out of it.anyways I just wanted to share this with everyone and say it was one of the greatest experince of my life.
sophrosyne
Posted 2008-02-13 6:55 AM (#103370 - in reply to #99514)

you should be pretty careful, VW. as you probably already know, there are many levels of consciousness: the conscious, subconscious, supraconscious etc.
it's dangerous if you try to move up to a higher level of consciousness because you could arise powerful energies that can turn out to be destructive without proper care. this is why you should try to talk to someone who knows about this before you continue.
to understand better what might have been going on, you could read something about kundalini. having nightmares, seeing colours and hearing that hum might be symptoms of its awakening. since i don't know that much, i won't launch into more discussion, but try to talk to a teacher.
good luck and congratulations for being so persevering and motivated.
sophrosyne
Posted 2008-02-13 8:22 AM (#103378 - in reply to #99514)

you can read this http://www.ecomall.com/gopikrishna/livingwith.htm
for what i said earlier.
Vibrantwarmth
Posted 2008-02-15 10:12 AM (#103536 - in reply to #99514)

hey yea thanks, i have just recently talked with my sociology teacher, who has been practicing meditation and yoga for many years, and she has had many weird experiences as well. She told me that she has been able to sense people far away from time to time and that she once had a nexperience where she was on top of a pine tree and she felt closer to the center of the universe than she had ever previously felt. She said that at that time, she felt connected to anything and everything around her and that she heard this low frequency hum/static type noise much like of what i have heard. She is also going to work with me during my meditation to help calm my body down while meditating through a bunch of relaxing breathing techniques, not much like the ones that i have been previously practicing. She has also been to china a few times and has had meditation practice over there too so well at least i found some help because, besides of the various martial arts teachers around here, there really isn't anyone to talk to about meditation, but i am still gonna try and develop these abilities and move on to the next level.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)