YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Meditation for Lucid Dreaming?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

randomchic07
Posted 2007-11-13 9:59 AM (#99405)
Subject: Meditation for Lucid Dreaming?

I don't know how many people in here believe in lucid dreaming, but for those who do, does anyone know if there is any particular way to meditate that would help to induce LDs? If anyone could provide some info on that, I would be greatly appreciative.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2007-11-13 10:48 AM (#99406 - in reply to #99405)
Subject: RE: Meditation for Lucid Dream

i do LD, but i have no idea of any meditations that would help specifically.
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-11-13 11:28 AM (#99407 - in reply to #99405)
Subject: RE: Meditation for Lucid Dreaming?

there seems to be a good amount of searchable material on internet. Best luck.

randomchic07 - 2007-11-13 9:59 AM

I don't know how many people in here believe in lucid dreaming, but for those who do, does anyone know if there is any particular way to meditate that would help to induce LDs? If anyone could provide some info on that, I would be greatly appreciative.
meditationjourn
Posted 2007-11-14 12:06 AM (#99419 - in reply to #99405)

I've used Hemi-Sync - Lucid Dreaming. There are guided meditations that guide you into lucid dreaming.

-Meditation Journey
Anniekin
Posted 2007-11-23 8:09 PM (#99800 - in reply to #99405)

The trouble with inducing LDs are that there are so many factors involved, revolving around the things going on in your life as well as your energy levels, that there is no one conclusive formula
leti721
Posted 2007-11-25 7:47 PM (#99851 - in reply to #99405)

Hello,

I am very happy to find this site where I can share my experiences in lucid dreaming. I have experienced the lucid dreaming twice and it is one of the most amazing experiences ever. Waking up in the dream, knowing that you are dreaming it is something exceptional.

Some years ago I had the good luck to meet a person who LD since he was six year old. By him I knew of Lucid dreaming, meditation, enlightenment, and Self Realization. Though we had to walk in different ways I continue on the same way.

For some reason I naturally experienced the Lucid dreaming two times and though it has not happened again, I always go to bed with the hope of waking up in the middle of my dreams.

I know that some people dreams this way naturally, however I have read that when practicing deep meditation it is more likely to experience LD's.

Namaste

Edited by leti721 2007-11-25 7:59 PM
rae rae
Posted 2007-12-04 11:06 PM (#100366 - in reply to #99405)

I had a LD a couple nights ago for my first time. I actually was so scared of my awareness of dreaming that I did whatever I could to fight my way out of it... i continued to wake up in other dreams, fighting my way out until I finally was able to awaken in reality. I almost felt like i was trapped when I realized i was concious in my own dream... but seeing as how others experience it, should i be looking at it in a positive way instead of being afraid?
Spirittap
Posted 2007-12-05 8:10 PM (#100420 - in reply to #99405)

Erin Pavlina has a good method. I'm not sure if i'm allowed to link anything, so just look around her site.

Before going to sleep you can set your mind to being open to lucid dreaming by repeating your intent in your mind. You can also briefly meditate on being aware during a dream.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-12-06 7:17 AM (#100435 - in reply to #99405)

Hi Spirittap, links are fine. Link away.

I haven't added to this lucid dreaming thread because it's been a while since I thought about it. I remember wanting to lucid dream at one time, and reading about it. I ended up not following through on the books plan because I thought my subconscious was happier being spontanious and not under my minds control as usual. I think lucid dreaming would be a good way for someone to control nightmares, but I don't usually have those, or if I do, they are so interesting that I have to think them over and wonder what the hell did that mean?

Back to the book, one big piece of advice I remember was to start a dream journal. When you wake up, think about your dreams during the night, and write them down. Even if you don't remember them too well. As you go along you will become better at remembering, and this will help you to be more aware of when you are dreaming. Sweet dreams everyone, Shelly
Spirittap
Posted 2007-12-06 10:16 AM (#100443 - in reply to #100435)

Thanks Shelly.

http://www.stevepavlina.com/audio/

Go there and then select the podcast called lucid dreaming.

I personally haven't tried her method. It seems resonable though. I started to lucid dream without intending to. I guess always remembering your dreams since the age of 12 will do that to you. Eventually you'll be aware during a dream.
Spirittap
Posted 2007-12-06 10:34 AM (#100448 - in reply to #100435)

bstqltmkr - 2007-12-06 7:17 AM

I haven't added to this lucid dreaming thread because it's been a while since I thought about it. I remember wanting to lucid dream at one time, and reading about it. I ended up not following through on the books plan because I thought my subconscious was happier being spontanious and not under my minds control as usual. I think lucid dreaming would be a good way for someone to control nightmares, but I don't usually have those, or if I do, they are so interesting that I have to think them over and wonder what the hell did that mean?

Think of the possibilites of what you can do during a lucid dream. It's limitless. You can talk to anyone you choose and go anywhere you want. Doesn't flying into outerspace and looking down on Earth sound fun? I enjoyed it.

I believe dreams are a way for our subconscious/higher self to relay messages to us. Wouldn't it be interesting if you could talk directy, instead of trying to figure out the meaning in your dreams?

Everything has meaning.

Posted 2007-12-06 12:44 PM (#100460 - in reply to #100448)

Everything has the meaning that you choose to give it.
Spirittap
Posted 2007-12-06 1:40 PM (#100462 - in reply to #100460)

jimg - 2007-12-06 12:44 PM

Someone's perspective on what something means and what something actually means can be two different things.
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-12-06 2:05 PM (#100467 - in reply to #100462)

Additionally, What meaning you choose to give to anything is a very meaningful business to me.

For example, when I see Merilyn Munroe, and I know that she is not my wife, I choose to call her my sister. This is very important to me than just calling her any lady.

I guess without giving meaning, life will be terrible.

Let us have a meaningful life.

Spirittap - 2007-12-06 1:40 PM

jimg - 2007-12-06 12:44 PM

Someone's perspective on what something means and what something actually means can be two different things.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-12-07 6:40 AM (#100497 - in reply to #100448)

Spirittap - 2007-12-06 10:34 AM

Think of the possibilites of what you can do during a lucid dream. It's limitless. You can talk to anyone you choose and go anywhere you want. Doesn't flying into outerspace and looking down on Earth sound fun? I enjoyed it.

I believe dreams are a way for our subconscious/higher self to relay messages to us. Wouldn't it be interesting if you could talk directy, instead of trying to figure out the meaning in your dreams?

Everything has meaning.

I agree with you, I just don't want to make the dream time decisions consciously. Through the conscious or the subconscious its still me making the decisions. As for the meanings of the dreams, they'll have the meaning I assign them in the end. Really there is a good possiblity that I didn't follow through with the book because it was just way more work than I thought in the beginning, and I was pretty happy with my dream life in the first place, and so I was just too lazy. It was a while ago, and I had so much other work to do. I really enjoy my dreams and the things I can do in them, and the places I can go. I don't want to mess with a good thing, I'd probably mess it up making conscious decisions.
Vibrantwarmth
Posted 2007-12-07 11:16 AM (#100507 - in reply to #99405)

Hey, i just recently looked up lucid dreaming on wikipedia and on many other websites, and i just realized that this is how i dream quite often, actually most of the time. My friends never believed me when i told them that i could consciously control my dreams, but i can. and one time, i was lucidly dreaming, and my friend said i was moving around a lot and he tried to hold me down for some odd reason, and he told me that i stood up, lifted him with one arm and threw him away from me. When i awoke, he told me about it, but all i remember is throwing him in my dream, not in reality, hmm this is pretty kool.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)