YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A new meditation technique
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

Musa08
Posted 2007-10-29 12:22 PM (#98802)
Subject: A new meditation technique

I just found out a new technique for removing blocking feelings. Focus on them and imagine them turning into space. I really see nice results when those feelings disappear.

Edited by Musa08 2007-10-29 12:26 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ReddyKilowatt
Posted 2007-11-08 3:08 PM (#99240 - in reply to #98802)
Subject: RE: A new meditation technique

This shows the power of the mind and of intention.
alexl
Posted 2007-12-07 10:19 PM (#100529 - in reply to #98802)

Hi Musa,
Great,after all blocked feelings are things that we create ourselves. Try not to focus on them, because they never exist unless we want them to be part of us. Focus on happiness, love and abundance instead.

tubeseeker
Posted 2007-12-08 12:14 PM (#100541 - in reply to #98802)

for the last few days I have been focused on the question, why be sad. There has not been a good answer to come up yet, so now it is possible that since sadness has no reason to stay it may leave/vanish. time will tell
seeker
ilikezen
Posted 2008-01-15 12:57 AM (#101997 - in reply to #98802)

That's a great technique, I'm going to use it tomorrow morning.

Edited by ilikezen 2008-01-15 12:57 AM
West Wind
Posted 2008-01-16 11:01 PM (#102104 - in reply to #98802)

I always try and get in touch with my feelings. If I ignore them, feelings just come up again later.
Ram
Posted 2008-01-19 4:46 PM (#102195 - in reply to #98802)

feeling are like clouds in the sky, they come and go. By focusing on feeling you become your feelings and are subject to their lability.

why not focus on where your feeling on coming from? .........your inner self contains your consciousness. Investigate this and see what you get from it.
Phaedrus
Posted 2008-02-27 6:15 PM (#104070 - in reply to #98802)

I think it is better to focus the attention in the mind (Raja Yoga) It is what is capable of controling the emotional nature, as was stated above focusing on anything including the emotions, or for that matter money problems reinforces them and helps them to persist.
asananow
Posted 2008-02-27 7:31 PM (#104076 - in reply to #102104)

West Wind - 2008-01-16 11:01 PM I always try and get in touch with my feelings. If I ignore them, feelings just come up again later.

I tried this last night for the first time. Usually I try to have a neutral reaction like "hello feeling, nice of you to stop by, see you some other time, I'm busy mediating now..."  What I have found is that I become more calm and centered but some of those feelings will sneak around and hit me later.  Last evening I focused on some feelings of frustration and anger, a belated reaction to a conversation/situation that had come up.  I tried to be 'in the now' and just let it go but that wasn't doing it.  So I tried to really go into the feeling.  Found a few surprises there.

Power and fear are two characteristics I would usually associate with anger.  On the surface I felt afraid of 'blowing up' and letting the outward power of the anger get out of control.  In really feeling my anger, I discovered it actually felt internally powerful (as in feeding the ego) because of the sense of righteousness of anger.  (i.e.  I'm only mad because YOU did something wrong and if YOU could see that I am right, etc.)  With this new awareness, then the fear aspect took on a different twist.  No longer fearful of losing control, I became fearful that I might actually crave the ego identification of the anger.  Hmmmmm......

It is hard to articulate some of this but it was a mini-breakthrough.

bstqltmkr
Posted 2008-02-28 7:20 AM (#104090 - in reply to #104076)

Hello Jennifer, I think you're right, we have to feel our feelings, and see what it's about. Feel them without reacting to them, so we know all about what we're feeling, and not react, so we can get used to feeling without reacting. Then our actions can come from intelligence, and not as a reaction to our feelings.

Of course sometimes you have to go with your feelings, as in choosing what your gut tells you, but that's something else. Shelly
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)