YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just thought I'd say hi!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

Isola
Posted 2007-10-23 4:16 AM (#98460)
Subject: Just thought I'd say hi!

Hi everyone!

Does anyone remember me?

Haven't been in here much lately, it's been kind of hard to find the time to read and write here. I moved to a new city about three weeks ago, new apartment, new job. It's been very hectic and not an all together pleasant experience, but I have started to land now and I'm starting to like living here.

The city in question is Umeå, located about 750 kilometers north of Stockholm, so I've moved about 250 kilometers from home. My new apartment is a two-bedrooom-apartment with a newly renovated bathroom, a balcony and bathtub. If you want to see some pictures you can take a look here; http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k311/solgumma/The%20new%20place/ ... Nothing is done yet, I need some more lamps and mats and curtains and and and...

The new job is great, my new group manager and my co-workers are great and I really like it here.

My yoga practice has not been as consistant as I would have liked since I moved here. There has not been time and there has not been any energy left to put into a practice. I've done short meditations and practiced some pranayama, but it wasn't until yesterday that I got back on my mat and did a full asana practice. Tomorrow I'll be going to a class in Kundalini yoga at a yoga centre. The teacher is a women who is in charge of a Kundalini Teacher Training program, so hopefully she's really good! I'll update you on that later.

I hope you all are well, and you can count on seeing more of me from now on.

Namaste.

/Jenny

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Orbilia
Posted 2007-10-23 5:15 AM (#98461 - in reply to #98460)
Subject: RE: Just thought I'd say hi!

Of course we remember you! Welcome back :-)

It sounds like you've had to uproot your entire life so I'm not surprised you had to put yoga on hold a bit. Did work necessitate the change?

Fee

Posted 2007-10-23 5:45 AM (#98462 - in reply to #98460)

Glad you're settling in and are back aboard here Jen. Enjoyed the virtual house warming party you linked us to and like your TV especially. Let me know when the beer is stocked and I'll bring over the traditional potted plant
Isola
Posted 2007-10-23 5:46 AM (#98463 - in reply to #98461)

Thank you, Orbilia!

I worked at a callcenter when I lived in Piteå, and there I worked on a contract we had with an ISP. They lost that contract and the ISP was going to expand at another site, the one here in Umeå, and I was offered to tag along and continue to work for the same ISP. I was offered better hours and better payment, so I thought that it would be fun to live somewhere else. If I had stayed in Piteå I would still have had my job at the callcenter, so I wasn't forced to move.
Isola
Posted 2007-10-23 5:51 AM (#98464 - in reply to #98462)

My TV is a beauty, ey? A present from my father, actually. My friends have asked me if they can rent my dad for a day, they want a TV like that too.

But you can forget about the beer; I will have no such thing near my white sofa.
Orbilia
Posted 2007-10-23 6:31 AM (#98465 - in reply to #98463)

Sounds like an opportunity you couldn't miss :-)

Are your dold town/city/village and your new one similar or have you a different lifestyle to explore too?

Your flat looks like it fell off the pages of an Ikea catalogue (apologies in advance if Ikea's a dirty word :-) ).

Fee

Posted 2007-10-23 6:59 AM (#98466 - in reply to #98460)

"But you can forget about the beer; I will have no such thing near my white sofa"
That's why I practice lotus so faithfully so I can sit comfortably on the floor--no sofa mess.
Isola
Posted 2007-10-23 7:08 AM (#98467 - in reply to #98465)

They are quite similar, Umeå is a bit bigger but other than that it's not much different.

I have some furnitured from IKEA, like the one the TV is standing on and some other stuff, so IKEA is not a dirty word at all!

Bruce; You'd better stay of the mat too. ;) It was expencive! Just wish I could get the cat to understand that too..
Orbilia
Posted 2007-10-23 7:39 AM (#98468 - in reply to #98467)

As one cat slave to another; the cat understands purrfectly, it simply choses to ignore your preferences :-)

Fee
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-10-23 8:49 AM (#98472 - in reply to #98460)

Welcome back Jenny, all the change sounds exciting. Shelly
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-10-23 9:49 AM (#98475 - in reply to #98460)

wonderfully kept room. if you want some pictures write to me.
Isola
Posted 2007-10-23 10:01 AM (#98476 - in reply to #98475)

Do you mean my livingroom? Thanks!!
Isola
Posted 2007-10-23 1:36 PM (#98489 - in reply to #98460)

The prints in the dining room yes, I love them too. It's a fabric by Marimekko, a famous Finnish brand that makes beautiful fabrics. I just stapled it on to a cotton canvas with some - what's the word - padding? to give it a softer look and feel. I just love it!
Isola
Posted 2007-10-23 2:05 PM (#98491 - in reply to #98460)

You know, a canvas that painters use, on a wood frame. Between the fabric and the frame there is a thin layer of padding. I just bought the fabric and used a staple gun (I think that's the word) to attach the fabric and padding at the back of the frame and then I stapled a strap from one side to the other so I had something to hang it all on. The cost of it all was about 80 dollars, give or take a few.
Isola
Posted 2007-10-23 3:39 PM (#98500 - in reply to #98460)

Wow! Varsågod!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)