YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kulkarni's book
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Diet and NutritionMessage format

tubeseeker
Posted 2007-10-22 12:14 PM (#98403)
Subject: Kulkarni's book

First I will say I enjoyed reading it very much. Now I will say the only problem I have with it or neel is what seems to be his exalting of the book as being authentic. I do believe it to be a pretty authintic book and a lot of his knowledge to be that way as well. But no one is completely perfect or authentic. Your book is good yes, let me tell you it is good. That is it, my only gripe

Great read, seems to go in depth of what real health is. He breaks down terms and tells you what they mean in what appears to be close to the original meaning. If you are ready to read this book you could read it 100 times and not get everything out of it, or you could read it once and understand it completely. It is very cut and dry, to the root of the matter. I Love how the book is only about forty pages of reading but covers most of what you need to know about health. I could even be condensed a little more but his stories and illustrations make it an easier read, so while you could condense it, I liked it how it is.

You read all these books on health and after 300 pages you go, where do I start. I do walk away with a few questions from his book, but not 333300000 questions as I do when I walk away from other books.

Neel,
so our body wants to return to health, vegtables nuts, seeds, fruits are the diet. As you said some people can eat bad food and get the best nutrients from it and be healthier then some people who great food but cannot digest and take away the nutrients. So, if I want to eat the diet you say but my current system is not fit to eat and get the maximum nutrients from the natural diet, if I switch to it I will probably feel weak. So, how does one make the transition in your opinion.

thanks for the book neel, To your humble heart I say well written, to your ego I say....
all the best my friend, one day we will meet
darling seeker

Edited by tubeseeker 2007-10-22 12:16 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-10-22 3:34 PM (#98416 - in reply to #98403)
Subject: RE: Kulkarni's book

How to make transition?

===> Yes, one has to accept that in many cases when a transition to good diet is made, a weakness shall be felt due to detoxification. Not always, but only in some cases. This weakness can be counter acted by sufficient rest, that is by doing less than average work.

===> There are two ways to do transition: A) Drastic This should be done by taking a complete vacation, stay in the company of someone who knowsl health and yoga, and who has done transition in the past and maintained it. This is called Experienced Teacher in my posts. B) Step by Step: In this case also a plan should be made based on one's understanding, instruction from an experienced person, and one's own background and situation. The plan should be based on what is possible. First, the first level plan should be completely satisfied. Then next step should be brought in. As the time goes, one develops trust, confidence, and speed.

===> When a particular transition is not working, one should try their best, but not be adamant. One should accept their limitation and work around it. For example, a person brought up in a South Indian family eating spices whole life may find it very difficult or even impossible to give up the spices completely. Note: spices are not good for health in reality. They may add to taste. But, they are not healthy. I myself eat them in some quantity. That does not make them healthy. I have had students who were able to give them up completely. ETC.

Additional: My book name is not Authentic. Authentic Yoga is a name of Yoga Instructional style I developed in 1999 with International Trademark. I did this because a) my original school name: SaeeTech Spiritual Services looked like cult to some persons, and b) my second name Health and Yoga System was felt too long by some persons. c) I did not want to create a style with my name in it. So, I called it Authentic Yoga System. I did notice that many yoga sites and schools started using this term after I actually registered myself. I did not mind their using that name.

Thus, Authentic Yoga is a name of Yoga system or Yoga Instructional System which I developed. The name of my book is : Health and Yoga Aphorisms of SaeeTech.

Dear TS: MY first book was only 21 aphorisms, available in 11 languages including German, French, Spanish, etc. I thought they were too obvious. Later my students asked me to explain them, so I wrote a commentary on them. That is the book you have. It was edited by Pam McDonald, one of student who is also a Reiki Master and Social Worker, etc.

Now, some people including your comments tell me that I should expound them further. I am planning to give speeches on them in 2008.

Thanks for your comments.
tubeseeker
Posted 2007-10-22 4:24 PM (#98421 - in reply to #98403)

to me, everything was as complete as it needs to be, Except, how to make the transition. Your answer on how to make the transition I pretty much expected it to be that way before you even replied. Take the time to have a healthy diet and allow the sickness to be there because that will bring you back to balance, health.

in teaching I am aware a 15 minute speech will have more content remembered then a 1 hour speeech. I highlighted a total of 2 pages worth of material in your book at most, not because the rest is not useful, it was very useful to understand what you were getting at, since I found little to disagree with, with the current train of thought I have, I can go back over your book in less then five minutes to brush up on what was new to me.

a thought, there are those who will no understand, not because your explanation was not sufficient but because they did not listen and are not ready to listen. sometimes the more you explain, the more the lost ones get lost.

again, well done book my friend
thanks again
seeker
tubeseeker
Posted 2007-10-30 12:47 PM (#98862 - in reply to #98403)

Neel
so if one lives in a colder climate and has less leaves, fruits, nuts, and seeds, then what?

also, this is what I am doing
fast on sundays from as much as I can, tv. computer, driving, etc.... food as well and only drink fruit juice. Then on monday adopt this diet, by wednesday afternoon or evening I add grains and gradually go back to my old eating habits untill sunday when I fast again. I believe over time this proces will, clean me out more, get me craving what is best for my body, and it is not a complete shock to the system of changing everythign all at once. THoughts?
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-10-30 6:05 PM (#98873 - in reply to #98403)

Dear TS: I want to compliment you to make a change to your lifestyle in one reading of the book. That means you are a great Yogi. I shall email you in response to your question. But, you are on a wonderful path.

Best wishes.
tubeseeker
Posted 2007-10-30 7:50 PM (#98880 - in reply to #98403)

2 days after reading your book I had a substitute in my class for one of my assistants. This man was on what he calls the "gorilla diet" I have talked with him about the evolution of man and he has given me some insight along the exact same lines as your book. So i just happened to get pretty much the same exact info from two sources at the same time, Just a coincidence? I am the type of person where if something makes sense I will try it. Just got done with a big salad the only thing of the four it did not have was seeds, do you believe from your studies we should eat fruit seeds?

seeking,
seeker
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-10-30 10:27 PM (#98883 - in reply to #98403)

hummmm.

No, I do not like seeds personally. But, my thought is: If the seeds taste good to you, you should them. For example, for me: soyabean seeds taste ok, but not great. I do not like sunflower seeds in a quantity more than a spoon. The seeds which I like are may be inside of pumpkin seeds shell.

best luck man.
tubeseeker
Posted 2008-02-12 10:30 AM (#103294 - in reply to #98403)

neel, how did you research your book, where did you go for the information? I like to research myself and sometimes it is hard to find the info I seek. The above question is not to put you on the spot but rather to gain a better understanding of your book and the theories in it.
thanks Neel,
neil
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-02-12 11:46 AM (#103301 - in reply to #103294)

No problems Tube.
1. That book is NOT a result of any research. It is a result of my personal studies and practice as given below.

2. Initial studies of Health related topics in India, followed by Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Acupuncture, many Indian books, etc.

3.Then, studies of naturopathy books that culminating in the study of Natural Hygiene by Dr. Jaiswal.

4. Further studies of Natural Hygiene out of India, particularly of Dr. H.M. Shelton.

5. NOTE: Study in the above and below means: Read and actually practice what is written for sufficient time. For example, I gave up medical insurance in 1991 and did not use medicine for myself and my family. My children were not innoculated beyond what the first one was done in India. They are now both 23+ years old. I do not know what they follow now. This is an example.

6. Of course, my Yoga Studies in the past life. My birth and studies in the Yoga Family. And, then my Yoga Studies from birth till now.

7. In the book, I acknowledged my father as the main teacher, because his blessings have resulted in my knowledge more than my studies. This is not a statement of respect, but an actual fact. And, for all other teachers I wrote one statement. But, I should have possibly written certain names, I guess.

8. The way that book was actually written was as follows (this is the first time, I am making it Public.):

- Due to some problems at the employment, in 1998, I perfromed a 25 days NO eating fast (water, and tea only as needed). During this fast demonstration, my problem with employment was solved.

- At the end of the fast, I decided to open my own Yoga School.

- On the day of the opening of the school, I created 3 works all within a period of 8 hours: the first one is my speech on Shree Ganesha Prayer, the second on Shree Ramaraksha Stotram, and the third one are My Health and Yoga Aphorisms. They took approximately 3 hours, 3 hours and 2 hours each. All this I did in one day or two. The speeches were recorded on a walkman. And, the aphorisms were written on a paper. This was done without any reference material on hand that time. That means from my memory previous studies only.

- Later my Sanskrit Teacher told me to split the 20 aphorisms into 21 to match the Auspicious Number of Shree Ganesha. Only after that they were actually published, translated into 10 languages, and also into Sanskrit by one of the sanskrit scholars.

- Due to need of my students, I wrote a commentary on the aphorisms which is the book you have. The original book only had 21 printed aphorisms. (See my website).

- Thus, the contents of my book are: All my previous study as stated above, and also my own experimentation, and then my own understanding through contemplation. But, actually, it is ONLY due to my father's blessing, which I can not describe in the words.

- Most of the work on my website is created extempore that without refereing to the other material while writing (book) or speaking (audio/video), but of course it is from previous studies. Exception may be: Translation of Yoga Sutras or printing of actual Sanskrit text for accuracy of script, etc.

- If you want to know the method of approach in order to study or produce work described above, my suggestion is: get experienced teacher, books of experienced teacher. Then practice as study. Then continue such a study until a conviction in understanding is reached.

Namaste.

tubeseeker - 2008-02-12 10:30 AM

neel, how did you research your book, where did you go for the information? I like to research myself and sometimes it is hard to find the info I seek. The above question is not to put you on the spot but rather to gain a better understanding of your book and the theories in it.
thanks Neel,
neil

Edited by kulkarnn 2008-02-12 11:52 AM
tubeseeker
Posted 2008-02-12 12:19 PM (#103307 - in reply to #98403)

thanks neel
here is where I am currently at
over the new year I completed a six day juice fast on jan 3rd, then from there I abstained from any processed foods and animal products (milk) until feb 1st. currently I have two glasses of milk a day, I eat raw fruits/vegtables, I have cooked grains (oatmeal, quiona) and nuts
typical meals
cooked oatmeal, carrot, orange, nuts, maple syrup on oatmeal, oatmeal cooked in water
quiona, nuts, plum, maple syrup, celery
that is about how all my meals are, I will eat avacodoes, pears, corn on the cob, strawberries, blueberries and other vegtables.

you talked a bit about lettuce, how necessary do you feel lettuce is and why? also what types

I do read a lot, but finding an experienced teacher is the hard part. Untill I am ready to spend more time in meditation I believe I will be searching in vain. I can do asans for 90 minutes but meditating is the hard part. When fasting I have gotten some deep meditation and periodically I have sat down for 30 minutes and experienced some deep states of peace. I need to increase my time in meditation but when I have a bad day it is hard to meditate, when I have a good day I dont feel the need for it. In due time I will become more effecient at this, untill then I will continue to struggle.
tubeseeker
Posted 2008-02-12 2:09 PM (#103323 - in reply to #98403)

neel, one other question
you talk about high quality milk. well around here the highest quality milk is organic but highly pasturized, organic valley is the name. I am sure that process probably takes away some of the natural enzymes, if not all of them. so how does this effect the healthiness of the milk?
thanks
Neil
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-02-12 5:44 PM (#103341 - in reply to #98403)

hey Tube: I am proud of you man. You are really a sincere person. I can not answer all the questions online.

But, I shall do the following:

Lettuce is a FANTASTIC salad with good minerals as well as some essential proteins. If you get fresh good quality, I shall advise to eat two times a week. May one head of lettuce a week.

Milk: Milk is very good in nutrients if the quality of milk is good (the one you stated is great) and also if the person can fully digest it. Otherwise, it is a miscreant, and with no benefit, but lot of trouble.

If you do not need milk, you can avoid it totally. For example, I have taken milk only in my Chai for several years, with no loss of nutrients.

Do not worry about meditation time too much. Just do what is best. If you are really interested, get my last weeks 3 DVD recording. That is a complete course in meditation for a beginner with all doubts answered.

Hurray OM
tubeseeker
Posted 2008-02-13 11:56 AM (#103398 - in reply to #98403)

does iceburg lettuce hold much value? I can eat romaine or iceburg but some lettuces are too bitter for my taste
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-02-13 3:42 PM (#103423 - in reply to #103398)

Iceburg holds lot of value. If the lettuce tastes bitter, that is the one to be avoided. Anything that tastes bitter should be avoided. Actually, that is purpose of bitter to taste.

I have eaten many kinds of lettuce that did not taste bitter. In fact, sometimes it tastes kind of sweeter. Try in good shops. You are lucky to be in Florida. Also, try Nappy Cabbage, that is Chinese Cabbage.

tubeseeker - 2008-02-13 11:56 AM

does iceburg lettuce hold much value? I can eat romaine or iceburg but some lettuces are too bitter for my taste

Posted 2008-02-13 3:49 PM (#103426 - in reply to #98403)

iceberg lettuce has little nutritional value. Romaine is somewhat better, as are any darker leafy greens.
Cyndi
Posted 2008-02-13 4:53 PM (#103430 - in reply to #103426)

Expert Yogi

Actually, Romaine is bitter and bitter can be good and is one of the five flavors. Too much sweet is bad, too much sour is bad...yadda yadda. I prefer bitter Romaine.

BUT, since this is about Neelbhai's book, ya'll better do what he says,
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-02-13 5:03 PM (#103431 - in reply to #103430)

Thanks Cyndiben for certification. This is my final on the lettuce:

- Just get hold of fresh succulent lettuce of any kind. I can guarantee you that it has value.

- Now, taste it. If it is tolerable, eat it in only sufficient quantity. Not over eat or under eat it.

- If possible, also get hold of other kinds of lettuce and follow the above process.

- I agree that darker variety has more value, the outer leaves have more value than inner, the outer can have pesticides if it is that way, etc. etc.

- I have myself eaten Romaine which was not bitter.

- Yes, bitter is one taste. But, sweeter and sour are better tasting than bitter as far as human being is concerned, I mean in terms of quantity. But, a small amount of bitter goes into the system and has its own value if it is taken in a nature's packet. Nature's packet is not eaten for bitter taste, but for its own value.

- Bitter things in life are also valuable. But, we do not want life to be too much bitter. We want it joyful. But, bitter part makes the joyful part joyful. May be!!!

- There are books in the bookshop that actually give categories of vegetables and contents of their nutrients. I used to know it in the past. For now, I have followed just a common sense and little bit of know how as far as diet is concerned. It has never failed.

Let me give one aphorism from my book: For a student of health, Nutrition (what happens to the food after it is taken in) is more important than the Diet (just the items of food).

Cyndi - 2008-02-13 4:53 PM

Actually, Romaine is bitter and bitter can be good and is one of the five flavors. Too much sweet is bad, too much sour is bad...yadda yadda. I prefer bitter Romaine.

BUT, since this is about Neelbhai's book, ya'll better do what he says,
Cyndi
Posted 2008-02-13 6:17 PM (#103432 - in reply to #103431)

Expert Yogi

NB, I've about fallen out of my chair when I saw that you did the Quote feature correctly! Horray, you've just graduated my English class,

One more thing about Romain and bitterness...It's not that bitter, it is just in the bitter flavor family....it's a very subtle thing, like everything else that is yoga related,
tubeseeker
Posted 2008-02-14 9:10 AM (#103461 - in reply to #98403)

cyndi, some traditions favor a purely satvic diet and supposedly it will aid in meditation. just a thought. Neel and others thanks for your time and imput.
best wishes for everyones day
Neil
Cyndi
Posted 2008-02-14 11:59 AM (#103477 - in reply to #103461)

Expert Yogi

Yes, I know and am aware of this TS. I prefer a balance in all my affairs...including my health and my body. I've explored this all and is my conclusion and what works for me in today's misleading smorgasboard of "too much" and "not enough" information if you will.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)