YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A book for Cyndi
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

tourist
Posted 2007-10-18 10:17 AM (#98136)
Subject: A book for Cyndi

Expert Yogi

Hi Cyndi - have you read this book?

http://www.amazon.com/Hive-Story-Honeybee-Us/dp/0312342616

My son's GF gave it to me since I expressed an interest in bees. You won't learn anything new about beekeeping in it, but lots of stuff about bees in history, literature, etc. I enjoyed it. There is an especially interesting discussion of honey and infant botulism. Sounds like, as usual, we have been grossly misled about the potential dangers
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-10-18 5:39 PM (#98159 - in reply to #98136)
Subject: RE: A book for Cyndi

I am also going to send special jars to Cyndi so that she knows how to fill up honey in various jars. The only thing she has to do for me is to send some of the filled jars back.
Cyndi
Posted 2007-10-18 6:03 PM (#98161 - in reply to #98136)

Expert Yogi

Oh thanks Tourist...another book to add to my Amazon wish list. It looks like a good read.

I don't know why, but every time something bee related comes in the news...I get several phone calls and emails now. So funny. Like did anyone see the previews of the "Bee Movie" yet??

Yes, the honey and botulism thing is soo stupid. All my Asians friends laugh at this concept. I can tell you right now there are WORSE things that people give their babies and children...some examples would be....those SUGARY 10% fruit drinks....those WHITE SUGAR Birthday cakes they give them on their very 1st birthday!! Then let's see, wasn't Britney who was giving her babies COKE to drink?? What about those FRUIT or is it really SUGAR roll-ups,

Then to top it all off...here in the west we have an obesity problem with our children and young adults. Very interesting.

Thanks for thinking of me Tourist...I did put it on my Amazon wish list if anyone wants to get me a Christmas present or a going away to Italy present,
Cyndi
Posted 2007-10-18 6:09 PM (#98162 - in reply to #98159)

Expert Yogi

kulkarnn - 2007-10-18 5:39 PM

I am also going to send special jars to Cyndi so that she knows how to fill up honey in various jars. The only thing she has to do for me is to send some of the filled jars back.

Red Rover, Red Rover...send all them there jars right on over!!!

Your talking to the queen of jars...my family will attest that I have jars everywhere and yes, yes, most of them are filled with honey. Lately, I've been filling some of them with soy candles....another fun thing I've been doing. Although.... I do have an entire cabinet dedicated to jars of honey,

NB, don't forget, I am Winnie-the-Pooh bear. You "might" get some of those jars back, then again...you might have to come down to NC, be a Winnie-the-Pooh yourself, and steal them back,

You guys will get a laugh out of this...I'm trying to prepare for my Italy trip. I sooo hope I can carry at least 2 big jars of honey. I've been thinking I could get one of those hard shelled luggages, and really wrap the jars up good with bubble wraps and maybe some clothing...since I am taking lots of warm clothes. What do you think? I'm not going to carry them on board, this will be in my check-in luggage. This plane business is such BS. Then...coming back...everybody I know is asking for Kianti, (sp?) I'll probably need to get at least a case of that!!

Edited by Cyndi 2007-10-18 6:16 PM

Posted 2007-10-18 8:33 PM (#98168 - in reply to #98136)

When's the Italy trip Cyndi Loo?
Cyndi
Posted 2007-10-18 9:03 PM (#98170 - in reply to #98168)

Expert Yogi

Hey BB,

Italy will never be the same after December/January. You know what I mean,
joscmt
Posted 2007-10-18 11:26 PM (#98201 - in reply to #98136)

Cyndi-
You may be able to ship the Chianti back from italy... or better yet, head to a local wine shop, buy some Italian Chianti and tell your friends you brought it back just for them! With the state of the dollar, it'd certainly be cheaper!

Posted 2007-10-19 11:05 AM (#98241 - in reply to #98136)

yes, you can put the honey on your checked luggage. though, you could also ship it to your destination in advance.

reason: a lot of checked bags get pilfered in the process of 'inspection.' we bought some home made honey wine in NZ to give to our friends as a "honeymoon" gift. we checked it into our checked baggage (we wrapped it in bubble wrap and then put it in a box, and then surrounded it with soft clothing.

when we arrived home, it was not in our luggage. when we asked the airline about it, they said it was ok to put such goods in the bag--so it wasn't removed for security reasons. they said that theft has been very high since no one can lock their bags anymore for security reasons.

and so, no gift for our friends!
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-10-19 11:12 AM (#98244 - in reply to #98136)

If there's a next time, you could label it urine samples, or some other unsavory title. That might keep it safe.
Cyndi
Posted 2007-10-19 11:25 AM (#98248 - in reply to #98241)

Expert Yogi

Oh crap,

The last time I shipped something to Italy...it cost me over $75 dollars for shipping. That was a very small box. Then, for the receiver, it cost them over a $100 Euros. It's all rigged and such BS.

They don't have a problem with you shipping honey and spices and such....but you sure as hell have to pay dearly for it!! It is so not worth it. Oh well....

You know, I do have Italian Bees...soo, somewhere I am quite sure that there is local honey. Besides, local honey is better anyway....at least that is what I've been preaching all along, I just wanted my Father-in-law to be able to try MY organic honey.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)