YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Poll White Teeth Important?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

White Teeth Important?
OptionResults
Yes. White teeth are important.5 Votes - [55.56%]
No. I don't care that my teeth resemble the color of butter.2 Votes - [22.22%]
I have no teeth.2 Votes - [22.22%]

yogogo
Posted 2007-10-08 1:20 PM (#97556)
Subject: White Teeth Important?

Do you think maintenance of white teeth is important? You think a brighter and whiter smile helps leaves a positive impression?

Edited by yogogo 2007-10-08 1:21 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
joscmt
Posted 2007-10-08 1:37 PM (#97557 - in reply to #97556)
Subject: RE: White Teeth Important?

I think oral hygiene is important.. gum care, tongue care, tooth care, etc... do I think it's important to bleach teeth? No... in fact, sometimes people overdo it and they look blue! BUT, I do think good oral hygiene care does make a good impression- same as basic cleanliness.. people will care if you look like you care.
ollie
Posted 2007-10-08 3:53 PM (#97564 - in reply to #97556)

Is this advertisement for toothpaste?

kulkarnn
Posted 2007-10-08 4:22 PM (#97566 - in reply to #97556)

Yes, I think whiter (NOT hundred percent white) teeth leave good impression. They are important if they are achieved by using healthy diet and life style. If they are obtained by external means, they are very very bad, and of course NOT important.

yogogo - 2007-10-08 1:20 PM

Do you think maintenance of white teeth is important? You think a brighter and whiter smile helps leaves a positive impression?
ollie
Posted 2007-10-08 8:36 PM (#97575 - in reply to #97566)

That is BAD!!!!!!
yogogo
Posted 2007-10-09 12:45 PM (#97598 - in reply to #97556)

What whitening products are you using that work for you? I just finished usung the new whitening trays from aquafresh. I used them for 5 days. The best thing I liked was they didnt make my teeth feel all senistive. Do you guys get that problem too?

Posted 2007-10-09 1:36 PM (#97603 - in reply to #97556)

i don't use whitening products.

i find that when i brush my teeth twice a day, floss, and maintain a healthy diet, then my teeth are whiter and healthier looking.

as others have said, whiteness isn't that important, though cleanliness is. my husband has some staining on his teeth from his coffee consumption. his doctor recommended that he switch to tooth powder, which has more grit, to remove the stains. it's working well for him.
yogogo
Posted 2007-10-09 2:38 PM (#97610 - in reply to #97556)

Clean teeth are very important...I agree. I do think that white teeth are just as important...and the quicker way to get them whiter...the better! I had to simply use the aquafresh trays for 5 days and they worked! No mess either, you just pop them on for 30-45 min. I know that you can use different pastes and mouth washes to achieve the same results, but why not take the easy route? Since they only cost about $35, I don't have a big issue with trying the quick route.
joscmt
Posted 2007-10-09 10:57 PM (#97636 - in reply to #97556)

Ahhhhhh.... and there's the clincher........

Posted 2007-10-10 10:31 AM (#97654 - in reply to #97556)

for serious. LOL so many assumptions--

why not? because health is more important than beauty and i do not think that these things are healthy. there are many chemicals in it, and why would i want that in my mouth, on my teeth? i'd rather look natural and healthy.

bottom line, i wouldn't use this product no way, no how.
ollie
Posted 2007-10-10 10:54 AM (#97655 - in reply to #97556)

Oh come on. A few years ago, our swimming pool had come chemical issues; after a swim, my suit was all but bleached free of color, my hair was like blond straw, and my lips were puckered.

I'll bet you that I had VERY WHITE teeth then!
Orbilia
Posted 2007-10-10 11:55 AM (#97658 - in reply to #97655)

Cleanliness is next to Godliness but is putting bleach in your mouth healthy? I think not!

My dentist told me ages ago that teeth that are naturally slightly yellow are actually stronger than naturally white ones.

Fee

Posted 2007-10-10 12:11 PM (#97659 - in reply to #97556)

yeah, well that's why i haven't gone swimming for the past few years in our community pool--too much chlorine!

we've had problems with grown-asp-men pooping in the pool (i kid you not, the guy was in his 30s, no kids, not sick or disabled in any way), and so the pool has to be closed, super chlorinated, run through the UV filter (which is on all of the pools now). . .and it is so over chlorinated it's crazy. i can't go near that pool anymore.

and, we're trying to get a whole-house filter system to get the chlorine in our water reduced, and also a water filter for the sink that gets rid of flouride and other added chemicals. bah!
yogogo
Posted 2007-10-10 12:11 PM (#97660 - in reply to #97556)

If you are worried about chemicals weakening the enamel of your teeth; the trays were actually designed by cosmetic dentists who use the right amount of gel to get the job done. Simple pleasures in life such as coffee, chocolate, and smoking (i don't smoke), can leave our teeth discolored. I have used the trays, and have found that they have given my teeth that boost it needed. I have sensitive teeth as well, so I was a bit skeptical about the side effects my teeth might feel. I will admit that these trays did not leave my teeth feeling thin and overly sensitive. I was able to bite into an apple the next day! I would recommend them to anyone looking for that boost they need in their smile.

They are not too expensive either; they run for about $35. There's even a $7 off coupon on their website if you want to save more on the trays. I think that's an awesome deal! Especially since if you buy them now, you get a free white Bella T-shirt. White t-shirt to go with your white smile seems to be their pitch. Isn't that clever?

Posted 2007-10-10 1:15 PM (#97665 - in reply to #97556)

no, it isn't clever.

but, again, the price doesn't mean anything to me, because it's not a product or process that i'm interested in. my teeth look great; i don't want them to be 'whiter.' they're healthy, strong, attractive, clean, etc.

and, i don't want to put any chemicals on my teeth, even if designed by a cosmetic dentist. it's why i use all natural toothpaste and will be moving into home made tooth powder.

why are you so vested in people's teeth being white? how much do you get for this work?
ollie
Posted 2007-10-10 1:24 PM (#97666 - in reply to #97659)

zoebird - 2007-10-10 11:11 AM

yeah, well that's why i haven't gone swimming for the past few years in our community pool--too much chlorine!

we've had problems with grown-asp-men pooping in the pool (i kid you not, the guy was in his 30s, no kids, not sick or disabled in any way), and so the pool has to be closed,

Are you sure that what it was?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XZOUTXKDgk

Posted 2007-10-10 2:08 PM (#97667 - in reply to #97556)

well, considering the guy admitted to it and was being observed at the time by the life guards, etc--and i only saw/heard the aftermath of having to close the pool, test the pool, etc--then yes, i'm sure that's what it was.

and it was a big problem. people weren't putting their babies into swimming diapers, people weren't showering before entering the pool, and apparently grown men don't think it's appropriate to leave the pool if you have to go to the bathroom.

there's a serious 'entitlement' issue in our community. people feel "entitled" to do what they want--no common courtesy for everyone.
Jambo
Posted 2007-10-10 2:22 PM (#97668 - in reply to #97556)

I was grossed out where this thread went and didn't need the visuals (thanks Ollie...now I have to work on getting that image out of my head) but I have to admit I was laughing my ass off while watching it

Edited by Jambo 2007-10-10 2:23 PM

Posted 2007-10-10 2:44 PM (#97669 - in reply to #97556)

yogogo - even if you have good intentions or are just making conversation, the fact that you sound like a commercial and work for Aquafresh will likely do nothing but give people negative thoughts about you and Aquafresh.

And if you are just shilling for Aquafresh and went to the unusual effort of making posts about a few other things first (unlike most spammers) - then thanks for the extra effort, I guess.
tourist
Posted 2007-10-10 7:13 PM (#97674 - in reply to #97669)

Expert Yogi

Yeah - I am impressed with the effort. But in the end it is all spam.
Cyndi
Posted 2007-10-11 10:28 AM (#97690 - in reply to #97674)

Expert Yogi

I think this toothpaste business is a load of crap!! If you eat right, don't use chemicals, preservatives and well, do everything like ZB and I do, you'll never have to worry about your teeth. If you saw what I put on my teeth every day, you guys would totally flip OUT!!

Neem is the very BEST herb to use on a daily basis for your teeth and to promote strong gums!

Edited by Cyndi 2007-10-11 10:29 AM
Orbilia
Posted 2007-10-11 10:38 AM (#97692 - in reply to #97690)

That reminds me, I got some neem oil Cyndi but I can't remember the dilution you told me to use for bug repellent purposes. You omitted to mention the stench of boiled cabbage it has though !

Fee

Edited by Orbilia 2007-10-11 10:38 AM
yogogo
Posted 2007-10-11 1:30 PM (#97699 - in reply to #97556)

I do work with Aquafresh, I indicated that in my profile. I am not spamming, I am simply spreading the word on the new whitening trays from aquafresh. Most people don't realize that aquafresh makes more than toothpaste.

From my experience of using whitening products, I was sensitive to them, my teeth are thin in front. So, being allowed to try these and have a good experience, I wanted to share it with everyone. I wanted to make sure you care about teeth as much as I do at first, hence the poll. I'm sorry if I came off as a commercial, but I really talk this way. HA!

If you are not interested in whitening products, then I'm sure you won't be trying them. If you do use whitening products, then trying them wouldn't hurt, would it.

Thank you for participating in this poll and sharing some feedback.

Cyndi
Posted 2007-10-11 4:31 PM (#97705 - in reply to #97556)

Expert Yogi

Good point Karmann,

Of course yellow teeth, gentetics etc are all quite "normal" signs of the human body experience. People that go around with the fantasy that our teeth are suppose to be pearly white, are simply delusional. Frankly, I have better things to do than trying to spend time on my whitening my teeth. There is nothing more uglier to me than a female who is "over-tanned" with "pearly whites"...UGH!! That is so fake and looks absoltely gross!!

Besides, we ALL are going to die one day...we can't take our friggin teeth with us. I'd rather save my $$$ for my kids college education or on more yoga asana classes so I can keep my body healthy and fit...which is IMO more important and a priority.

(Cyndi's Teeth.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Cyndi's Teeth.jpg (4KB - 37 downloads)
Cyndi
Posted 2007-10-11 6:29 PM (#97710 - in reply to #97692)

Expert Yogi

Orbilia - 2007-10-11 10:38 AM

That reminds me, I got some neem oil Cyndi but I can't remember the dilution you told me to use for bug repellent purposes. You omitted to mention the stench of boiled cabbage it has though !

Fee

OOPs,

Just put several drops, (however much you can stand, ) into a small spritzer bottle. Then just spray away to your hearts content. Bee careful, it is very strong. I used to eat the stuff, until I started sneezing like crazy. So, I take it in powdered form in capsules. Neem is very bitter. You can actually rub into your gums...its very good. Neem is a very powerful herb and has a zillion uses...it's known for the "village pharmacy". Sorry, the smell is an acquired taste..that is 4-sure,
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)