YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Poll White Teeth Important?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

White Teeth Important?
OptionResults
Yes. White teeth are important.5 Votes - [55.56%]
No. I don't care that my teeth resemble the color of butter.2 Votes - [22.22%]
I have no teeth.2 Votes - [22.22%]

tourist
Posted 2007-10-11 6:50 PM (#97714 - in reply to #97699)
Subject: RE: White Teeth Important?

Expert Yogi

Thanks for clearing that up, Ann. The teeth whitening business is one that I find very puzzling. It is amazing to me that so many people will gladly pay someone to put strange chemicals in their mouths and not even question whether or not they are safe. Or the question, the guy who makes them who is maybe "pretty sure" they are safe says "go for it!" and they do. I have a suspicion that this area is very lax in regulation and that it will take some serious problems to occur and a few hundred lawsuits before we hear what the truth really is. I personally find over whitened teeth creepy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Orbilia
Posted 2007-10-12 5:40 AM (#97739 - in reply to #97710)

Thanks for the update Cyndi. It's good to know that the smell means I got the pukka product (says she desperately trying to see the positive *gggg*).

Fee

Cyndi - 2007-10-12 11:29 PM

Orbilia - 2007-10-11 10:38 AM

That reminds me, I got some neem oil Cyndi but I can't remember the dilution you told me to use for bug repellent purposes. You omitted to mention the stench of boiled cabbage it has though !

Fee

OOPs,

Just put several drops, (however much you can stand, ) into a small spritzer bottle. Then just spray away to your hearts content. Bee careful, it is very strong. I used to eat the stuff, until I started sneezing like crazy. So, I take it in powdered form in capsules. Neem is very bitter. You can actually rub into your gums...its very good. Neem is a very powerful herb and has a zillion uses...it's known for the "village pharmacy". Sorry, the smell is an acquired taste..that is 4-sure,
tourist
Posted 2007-10-12 10:01 AM (#97750 - in reply to #97739)

Expert Yogi

pukka, eh? Good thing I watch a little Jamie Oliver and know the lingo
Orbilia
Posted 2007-10-12 10:13 AM (#97755 - in reply to #97750)

Technically it's an Indian word gobbled up by us word-hungry Brits during the Raj so I figured our Cyndi'd probably be clued up on what I meant :-)

Fee
tourist
Posted 2007-10-12 7:11 PM (#97794 - in reply to #97755)

Expert Yogi

Pyjamas, chutney - so many great words from India!

Posted 2007-10-13 8:50 AM (#97810 - in reply to #97556)

yogogo:

here's the thing. it seemed to me that you didn't notice that everyone who answered the poll answered that they were not interested in tooth-whitening products, or for that matter, interested in commercial tooth paste (as apparently, many of us use natural tooth pastes).

instead of engaging in a conversation about what is health for teeth, you kept shilling this product. it's really quite annoying.

and, you seem to associate "whiteness" with "healthy teeth"--which many of us assert is not the case, and in fact the opposite may be true. but you also completely disregard this, and keep asserting that in order for our teeth to be healthy, they should be white, and the way to make them white is to use this product.

i'm cool to talk about dental health, but i see no reason to whiten my own teeth. first, they're pretty white to begin with; and second, even if they weren't, i would do what is healthy, not what is cosmetically popular.

cyndi:

fake is really popular here. ryan and i most commonly see what we call the "triple fake"-- bleach-bond hair, orange over-tan, and fake white teeth.

it usually also comes with very long fake nails, lots and lots of make up. and soemtimes with cosmetic surgery.

now, i'm all for a person creating themselves in an image that they find attractive, and i accept that people are going to find things attractive that i do not, and may not find my choices attractive (such as my nose rings or what ever).

but i think it's sad when people feel pressured into looking a certain way, which is why i'm not terribly fond of a lot of those make-over shows. for example, i don't like to use hair dye, it's just one of those things. but it seems to me that most people who go on those shows, have to get their hair dyed. and they also have to wear make up, but i don't like to wear make up.

it's really strange. it's definitely 'enforced' on those shows--'how you're supposed to be' and so on.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-10-13 9:04 AM (#97811 - in reply to #97556)

The fake woman kind of resembles a blow up doll. Do men find this look attractive?

Posted 2007-10-13 10:59 AM (#97818 - in reply to #97556)

i think that some do, yes. and obviously, some women do too.
joscmt
Posted 2007-10-13 2:03 PM (#97829 - in reply to #97556)

the triple fake is the worst! Luckily, there's not too much around here.. spray tans, yes- bleach blond,no.... But the orange tans are nuts!
yogogo
Posted 2007-10-15 1:13 PM (#97909 - in reply to #97556)

Ok, I'm not saying jump the band wagon and have a glow in the dark white smile to be considered beautiful or handsome...I was simply trying to insist the use of this product IF someone needed a quick boost in their teeth color without spending hundreds of $. Sometimes, foods and drinks leave our teeth discolored, at least for me. I really didn't notice the effects of the coffee until someone points it out! :-p Sure, healthy teeth goes beyond whiteness...I am not denying that at all. Discolorment of teeth is only one negative aspect of an unattractive smile. Theres cleanliness and alignment too that are important. If you love to smile a lot, then the appearance of your smile should matter, I would hope. Want some MO?...Think of Austin Powers smile before his teeth were magically transformed to presentable. Yeah Baby! :-p

I see your point tho, thank you for sharing your views on this subject.
yogogo
Posted 2007-10-29 3:19 PM (#98811 - in reply to #97556)

Thanks for everyones part...
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)