YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bleeding before normal period
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

Dinda
Posted 2007-09-30 12:11 PM (#97219)
Subject: Bleeding before normal period

Hi, I am really desperate with my period, I have a thyroid problems and under medication for almost 2 years, a year ago I went for yoga classes thought it could help to balance my thyroid hormone. The yoga teacher did say we should not do yoga during period, but at that time my period has not came yet. I just feel the pain on my stomach like I used to have before my period came. So I did the class and after that I have floods of bleeding every month before my normal period came. The floods of blood came for 2 to 3 days before the normal period came. It has been like this for a year, there are times when my period came normal for like 2 months, but now it has been flooding for 6 days before my period and it is quite a lot. I felt really week and almost faint sometimes. I did tell my doctor but she said it is nothing. I really hope there is answer out there to help me.
I had to admit that my diet is terrible and I do work over time, stress? Yes. Is this also part of the cause? I only took the the class for a month and stop.

I would be greatfull for any comment.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2007-09-30 8:32 PM (#97228 - in reply to #97219)
Subject: RE: Bleeding before normal per

Expert Yogi

Yes, stress and diet can make a huge difference. The thyroid issues can make a big difference. I don't understand about bleeding before your period. Do you have a really long period? Or do you have these days of flooding, then stop for a few days and then have a "normal" period? There are a million questions to be answered here. You should see a gynecologist.
Orbilia
Posted 2007-10-01 5:27 AM (#97235 - in reply to #97228)
Subject: RE: Bleeding before normal per

The majority of menstrual problems in women are caused by stress statistically speaking. However, you have been diagnosed with thyroid issues so your bleeding is most likely due to this. Have you been seen by a gynaecologist to confirm that nothing else is going on? There are many, many horrid ailments that can cause iffy periods so getting a full examination is essential.

I find your doctor's attitude a bit odd given that he/she knows you have thyroid issues. If the bleeding *is* due to that, it could indicate that your medication is not managing your condition very well. My own doctor did not send me for exams until I had bled continuously for 9 months, BUT he explained that as stress was the primary cause of menstrual irregularities, it was best to wait to see if getting more sleep, eating better, dropping weight, etc helped first.

Have you had your blood iron level checked? The lightheadedness and nausea can be due to deficiency anaemia, especially as you admit to a poor diet as well as the bleeding.

If you are over-weight, losing some may help as white adipose tissue (one of two types of fat in the body and the one related to fat storage) can upset oestrogen levels when present in excess as the hormone is fat soluble.

My own issues have been largely sorted out by fitting the Mirena IUD (it emits a low dosage progesterone analogue) and their web-site is quite informative.

I would encourage you to see your doctor again. Make some notes on when you bleed, how much, the level of clotting, the colour, any smell, other symptoms, etc. I do this as a graph in a spreadsheet I made myself but I understand there are some web-sites that offer period / fertility tracking as a service.

Keep a food diary - what you eat, when, how much, etc. That way any correlation between the menstrual or thyroid issues and your diet will show up.

Spell out to your doctor the effect this issue is having on your emotional state; the embarrasment, the physical discomfort arising from using sanitary products all the time, etc.

I found that even female doctors can be surprisingly unaware of just how crippling certain conditions can be when I suffered badly from IBS so, yes, you do need to spell it out loud and clear! If you find that you are unable to communicate well once in front of your doctor, take a friend along to speak for you to begin with.

Fee

Edited by Orbilia 2007-10-01 5:49 AM
Dinda
Posted 2007-10-02 10:53 AM (#97288 - in reply to #97219)
Subject: RE: Bleeding before normal period

Thank you very much for the reply. I have days of flooding, then stop for a few days and then have a "normal" period.
I think right now I would follow Orbilia advices, to sleep more, eat well, and try not to stress over things, I did get uncomfortable easily with my surrounding. But sometimes things are uncontrollable.
I will try to loose weight too. Before I was diagnose with thyroid I gain about 7 kg, I have loose about 4 kg after medication, but recently I gain some again.

Hopefully I would get better next month.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)