YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

meditation of weeds
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

tubeseeker
Posted 2007-09-29 7:48 PM (#97198)
Subject: meditation of weeds

My mind was racing and all over the place. all the emotions one can think of were there.
I went outside to pull weeds
when I first got there I used the heavy rake to force the weeds out of the ground, after a while my labor seemed fruitless, I was frustrated, I wanted to get the weeds out and get them out fast. I reluctantly feel to my knees

On my knees I grabbed a patch of weeds, I pulled the top of the weeds off, knowing I did not get the root, frustrated, how am I going to get all these weeds, there are too many of them

reluctantly again I grabbed one weed, pulled it fast and pulled it hard, only got a little of the root

once again I grabbed a weed, pulled a little slower, I got more root, hmmmm

grabbed another weed and pulled carefully, followed the root and pulled it up, low and behold a very long root, and when I looked on this root guess what I saw, more weeds as I continued to pull weeds sometimes I got a long root, sometimes a short root, sometimes one weed lead to many, sometimes it was only itself, sometimes the largest weed on the surface had the smallest root, sometimes the smaller weed had the largest root, sometimes I dug where there were no weeds and found a root, sometimes one root would pull another root to the surface

I feel calmer and more grounded, I have pulled weeds. Not all of them but one of them, maybe tomorrow I will grab a handful and make the same mistakes, but for some reason I believe the length of time spent making those mistakes will not be as long, I will find my one weed. Maybe I made no mistakes at all, who knows. I just enjoyed pulling a weed

good luck with your weeds, for they may say so much or nothing at all
seeker
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cyndi
Posted 2007-09-29 8:45 PM (#97199 - in reply to #97198)
Subject: RE: meditation of weeds

Expert Yogi

In my yard we don't pull wildflowers...because the honeybees love them and that is how I get wildflower honey. Dandelions and wildflowers make really good local honey.

Right now, everything is golden....The goldenrod is absoutely stunning this time of the year.
jpk
Posted 2007-10-01 5:15 PM (#97253 - in reply to #97198)

Seeker,

Are your weeds literal or allegorical - or maybe both? I had a long engagement with the first kind this summer, and every morning try to make progress with the second, but I would not be able to put it as neatly as you did.

John
tubeseeker
Posted 2007-10-02 9:09 AM (#97277 - in reply to #97253)

jpk - 2007-10-01 5:15 PM

Seeker,

Are your weeds literal or allegorical - or maybe both? I had a long engagement with the first kind this summer, and every morning try to make progress with the second, but I would not be able to put it as neatly as you did.

John

John, thanks for the kind words, in response to your question. I hope my response here comes across gentle, I mean it with kidness
If this story was true or false, an anology, literal, or a literal anology, does it matter. after I had experienced it and written the words, the only thing that matters then is the reader. The reader is the one who must find their own path, for the writer should not be a dictator.
take care and best wishes on your journey
seeker
jpk
Posted 2007-10-02 5:35 PM (#97322 - in reply to #97277)

tubeseeker - 2007-10-02 2:09 PM

jpk - 2007-10-01 5:15 PM

Seeker,

John

John, thanks for the kind words, in response to your question. I hope my response here comes across gentle, I mean it with kidness
If this story was true or false, an anology, literal, or a literal anology, does it matter. after I had experienced it and written the words, the only thing that matters then is the reader. The reader is the one who must find their own path, for the writer should not be a dictator.
take care and best wishes on your journey
seeker

I agree, it does not matter. If it makes the reader think about what they are doing - that's what counts.

Very inspiring, thank you!
John
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)