YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

teacher changed faces
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

lynnv
Posted 2007-09-26 12:42 AM (#96939)
Subject: teacher changed faces

Hello,

I was meditating with a teacher for the first time.
It was a first session.

After a few minutes where he asked me to focus on his eyes and energy the whole room got filled with foggy mist. After another minute he changed faces!!!

I swear he got the face and appearance of a different man. Older, bigger, different hair and more wrinkly. I freaked out and started crying "oh my god, oh my god"
He just told me to relax and try and continue. I kept on seeing the different man. He was even dressed differently.

Then about 30 seconds later he made me come down and told me he had just troed to let me in on the next level of energy.

I have no experience with meditiation.,.
Can someone tell me what the hell was going on there?

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2007-09-26 5:24 AM (#96947 - in reply to #96939)
Subject: RE: teacher changed faces

Could you please expound on how you found the teacher, where, through whom?
And can you please share the process of the mditation from the beginning?
A bit mor einformation is warranted before responding to you more fully.

Edited by purnayoga 2007-09-26 5:25 AM
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-09-26 10:06 AM (#96965 - in reply to #96939)

Is it not obvious that you should ask this question to that Teacher and not the others who have not observed this phenomenon?

lynnv - 2007-09-26 12:42 AM

Hello,

I was meditating with a teacher for the first time.
It was a first session.

After a few minutes where he asked me to focus on his eyes and energy the whole room got filled with foggy mist. After another minute he changed faces!!!

I swear he got the face and appearance of a different man. Older, bigger, different hair and more wrinkly. I freaked out and started crying "oh my god, oh my god"
He just told me to relax and try and continue. I kept on seeing the different man. He was even dressed differently.

Then about 30 seconds later he made me come down and told me he had just troed to let me in on the next level of energy.

I have no experience with meditiation.,.
Can someone tell me what the hell was going on there?

Thanks
lynnv
Posted 2007-09-26 11:15 AM (#96979 - in reply to #96939)

Well,

I asked him but I didn't understand the answer neither did it leave me satisfied..
If only I was a more experienced in meditation it would make a little sence...
But I am totally new to this so you can imagine this experience was a bit intense.

The whole session lasted maybe 30 minutes.
He isa teacher from Spain and he comes here only a few times a year..
I was introduced to him through a friend..
First he talked a bit abvout his path, and mine.
Then he did a short exercise sitting in front of me.
He simply asked me to focus on his eyes and breathe and connect to the ground. He
kept making a movement up with his hands.
First I didnt see anything, after about a minute the fog came up and two minutes later the other man appeared, he was there for about 30 seconds but I couldnt keep my focus because I was crying out of confusion and because of a reason I don't really now, probably the energies..

Afterwards we only had a few minutes to talk as he had to go so urgently so I didnt have the chance to talk it through,
He just told me that everyone has a different soul that you can show..
That was pretty much it.
lynnv
Posted 2007-09-26 11:16 AM (#96980 - in reply to #96965)

I figured maybe it was a common thing that happens during meditation??
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-09-26 11:49 AM (#96984 - in reply to #96980)

That is Crazy. It is NOT common experience at all. And that experience has nothing to do with meditation at all. It was something other than Meditation.

lynnv - 2007-09-26 11:16 AM

I figured maybe it was a common thing that happens during meditation??
Andre
Posted 2007-09-26 1:30 PM (#97004 - in reply to #96939)

Extreme Veteran

How any people sit face to face when they meditate?
Seems awfully intimate, especially at the beginning.
Cyndi
Posted 2007-09-26 1:50 PM (#97005 - in reply to #97004)

Expert Yogi

Are you sure he just didn't have a mask on and was screwing with your head??

If someone was doing something of that nature and it disturbed my mind....use common sense. Do you want to indulge in this sort of thing?? Is this what you want for a meditation practice?? These are important questions you should ask yourself. I think you already know your answer.
seeker
Posted 2007-09-27 12:41 AM (#97035 - in reply to #96939)

This is quite normal, and it happened to me whilst I looked into the mirror closely to view my reflection. A mist forms, and it appears as if the face changes drastically to become something else. Sometimes, even the eyes almost disappear, and the face looks completely different.

Suresh
okidoll
Posted 2007-09-27 2:01 PM (#97094 - in reply to #97035)

Are you talking about scrying?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrying

"Scrying (also called crystal gazing, crystal seeing, seeing, or peeping) is a magic practice that involves seeing things supernaturally in a medium, usually for purposes of divination or fortune-telling. The media used are most commonly reflective, translucent, or luminescent substances such as crystals, stones, glass, mirrors, water, fire, or smoke. Scrying has been used in many cultures as a means of divining the past, present, or future. Depending on the culture and practice, the visions that come when one stares into the media are thought to come from God, spirits, the psychic mind, the devil, or the subconscious.

Scrying is actively used by many cultures and belief systems and is not limited to one tradition or ideology. However, like other aspects of divination and parapsychology, it is not supported by mainstream science as a method of predicting the future or otherwise seeing events that are not physically observable."- Wikipedia

I have never thought about that being during meditation.
Dreamoftheiris
Posted 2007-10-06 1:48 PM (#97500 - in reply to #96939)

This might help you understand what's going on.

Ask a friend, who is interested in energies, as well as meditation and who you can openly share spiritual concepts with, without fearing that
he or she may laugh at you. Some basic knowledge of chakras may be very good for both of you to know. Practice a relaxing meditation, for
10-15 minutes, like surround yourself with light, and balance all the trouble and distraction from your daily life.

Choose two chairs, and maybe a table with a small little candle in the middle, but it's not especially necessary, it simply helps you to relax
better, and shifts the consciousness into a more relaxed state. You could also sit on the ground, but make sure you are comfortable, I can't
repeat that enough. Keep about 1.5 to 2 meters distance between you and your friend. Make sure that there is no direct light, dim any
artificial light, or use a candle as mentioned.

Look at each other's face, choose one point in the face of each other, either the nose, the point between the eyes, the forehead or
whatever. It's not important where you look with your physical eyes, it is important though that you relax your sight totally. Even as said
before, don't move your sight anymore when you have anchored your sight, and don't blink anymore if possible. Every blink of your eye-lids
brings your inner attention back to your physical eyes, so it is therefore important you allow your attention to move away from the physical
sight by relaxing mentally as well as physically.

Breath deeply, and feel whether energy surrounds you, as in the example of warmth around your head, face or back of the neck. Warmth in
your face will indicate the energy the other one radiates by his or hear third-eye; warmth on the back, upper part of body or even neck
indicates a coming presence entering your aura, attracted by the activity.

The moment you see something, speak out what you see ... relax again and focus back until you see another face. Allow also your friend to
focus, and maybe wait until he or she gets a glimpse of a change. Again, there is no competition to win, seeing something doesn't mean it's
better. If it's happening fine, if it doesn't happen fine too. Help each other with patience. If it works easily, describe the face while you see it.

At the beginning you maybe will have difficulties focus on one face, as there may appear 10-15 different faces during a very few seconds,
as if you are watching a slide-show, but someone doesn't wait until you can grasp its meaning. It's like you see, but you have to learn to turn
the channel smoothly, like a radio station. If there is a face, which attracts you, and you remember it well for that short time, think of this
face, and allow yourself deeply to move back to this face, smoothly. It takes training to focus on one presence longer.

[URL]http://www.dnaalchemy.com/Opening_The_Third_Eye.html
dancinyogi
Posted 2008-04-23 1:01 AM (#106562 - in reply to #96939)

lynnv - 2007-09-26 12:42 AM

he asked me to focus on his eyes and energy the whole room got filled with foggy mist.

This is not meditation. It is called hypnosis.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)