YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

neti pot
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Diet and NutritionMessage format

lovelylotus
Posted 2007-09-16 10:28 AM (#96341)
Subject: neti pot

i just started using a neti pot and it seems to be bothering one of my ears when i do it.. i know sometimes you can feel the saline drip into your throat however the ear thing.. is very uncomfortable.. and now its like a i have a n ear ache.. any advice am i doing this wrong, its only one of my ears??

thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-09-16 4:02 PM (#96355 - in reply to #96341)
Subject: RE: neti pot

Advice: 1. How did you learn this process? 2. From whom? 3.Why are you doing it?

4. Stop this process until you resolve 1 and 2 and 3.

lovelylotus - 2007-09-16 10:28 AM

i just started using a neti pot and it seems to be bothering one of my ears when i do it.. i know sometimes you can feel the saline drip into your throat however the ear thing.. is very uncomfortable.. and now its like a i have a n ear ache.. any advice am i doing this wrong, its only one of my ears??

thanks
lovelylotus
Posted 2007-09-16 10:50 PM (#96360 - in reply to #96341)

a friend of mine told me about it.. i have read a lot about it, i started doing it b/c of all the good things i have heard about it.. my nose has been very stuffy lately and thought it would be a good way to clear it out?

kulkarnn
Posted 2007-09-16 11:08 PM (#96361 - in reply to #96360)

OK. This is my response. 1. Learn this process from someone who has done it regularly for 3 years at least and who has taught it to several people who have done it at least one year. 2. Otherwise, wait until you find such a person. 3. Stop this process immediately for now.

lovelylotus - 2007-09-16 10:50 PM

a friend of mine told me about it.. i have read a lot about it, i started doing it b/c of all the good things i have heard about it.. my nose has been very stuffy lately and thought it would be a good way to clear it out?

njguy
Posted 2007-09-20 5:29 PM (#96613 - in reply to #96341)

It is important to make the salinity and temperature appropriate. It should feel almost as if nothing is happening when you are doing it. Too hot or too cold will hurt. Too salty will burn, and not salty enough will feel like -swimming pool up your nose- due to the osmotic imbalance.

The objective is to clean some mucus out of your sinuses to relieve pressure and enable natural healing. You don't want to leave the saline in your head, so be sure to blow out gently at the end. If you look through the internet you will find lots of information, some of it fairly wierd. I'm by no means an expert, but my family has now been using a Neti pot for several years now with relief of various symptoms, such as pollen allergies or simple sinus infections and colds.

As they say, your mileage may vary.

Good Luck.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)