YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking of MT school
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Massage -> General MassageMessage format

Miabella704
Posted 2007-09-04 3:12 PM (#95640)
Subject: Thinking of MT school

I've been thinking of going to massage therapy school for sometime. My husband keeps telling me that there is no money in it and I'd be making a mistake.
What is the earning potential, median income, etc. for an LMT in Florida?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Orbilia
Posted 2007-09-05 5:52 AM (#95667 - in reply to #95640)
Subject: RE: Thinking of MT school

Being UK based, I can't answer your questions directly but would say that I'd be amazed if there wasn't money in it given your location. If the cost of training's not going to cause you difficulties, why sweat this issue now? I say go for it. You'll never know if it would have worked out or not if you don't even try.

Good luck,

Fee
Ravi
Posted 2007-09-05 7:58 AM (#95668 - in reply to #95640)

Your husband is incorrect essentially............... granted it will take time to establish yourself and build a customer base.............. unless you work for a spa or something like that........

Florida is a perfect place to be a LMT.

Another good question you need to ask yourself before you go to school, is why do you want to be a therapist? Is it the money? or to be a healer?

If it is for money, just remember that it will take time to build a business, but there is a great demand for therapists in spas, nursing homes, chiropractors, cruise ships, ect ......

If it is to be a healer, the money won't matter..... eventually if you become a good healer, and as you know, people talk and word of mouth is the best advertising. The money will eventually be there, regardless............

If to be a LMT is your passion and your highest ambition, go for it..... you only live once. (well not really...but metaphorically speaking...LOL)

Mucho Metta,

Ravi

Edited by Ravi 2007-09-05 8:08 AM

Miabella704
Posted 2007-09-07 2:37 PM (#95877 - in reply to #95640)

You're right. And I'm not a money person by any stretch of the imagination. I've never been money-motivated. He is just so against me doing this.
I want to be a healer. I've wanted to do this for a long time. I need to just do it.
Thanks for the encouragement
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)