YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how long will it take to heal?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Ashtanga YogaMessage format

TampaEric
Posted 2007-09-04 1:34 PM (#95631)
Subject: how long will it take to heal?

Has anyone ever had a vasectomy?

I was wondering how long the recovery time is...

Eric

Private message is okay, too..
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-09-04 2:39 PM (#95635 - in reply to #95631)
Subject: RE: how long will it take to heal?

I recommend: 6 months.

TampaEric - 2007-09-04 1:34 PM

Eric

kulkarnn
Posted 2007-09-04 2:40 PM (#95636 - in reply to #95635)

But, I also recommend NOT to do the surgery. I myself vascectomy operated and now feel that it would have been better without.

kulkarnn - 2007-09-04 2:39 PM

I recommend: 6 months.

TampaEric - 2007-09-04 1:34 PM

Eric

TampaEric
Posted 2007-09-04 2:55 PM (#95638 - in reply to #95636)

Wow, 6 months is a long time.

Thanks for your opinion..

tmarques
Posted 2007-09-04 8:11 PM (#95657 - in reply to #95638)

I always thought heterosexuality was a bad idea.

Neel, what do you mean by being better without the vasectomy? I've never heard of side-effects, so to speak.
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-09-05 9:36 AM (#95674 - in reply to #95657)

tmarques - 2007-09-04 8:11 PM

I always thought heterosexuality was a bad idea.
===> I could not understand this statement.

Neel, what do you mean by being better without the vasectomy? I've never heard of side-effects, so to speak.
===> I mean: Either a) I would like to have kids when I am enjoying sex Or, b) I would like to be celibate while I do not want kids Or, c) I shall like to address not being pregnant by my wife in some other way than Vascectomy OR using any other conventional contraceptive methods. I would do this by discussing with my wife. If my wife does not want a kid, she can choose whatever method she wants to use. If she wants kids, I shall give them regardless of my wish.

Peace.

Miabella704
Posted 2007-09-07 2:01 PM (#95874 - in reply to #95631)

The human body is not meant to be surgically altered. Also, are you absolutely, positively 200% sure that NOTHING could happen in the future that would make you want to have another baby of your own? Really think about this.
TampaEric
Posted 2007-09-07 2:37 PM (#95876 - in reply to #95874)

I can understand your viewpoint.

Thanks for sharing it with me.

jonnie
Posted 2007-09-07 2:46 PM (#95878 - in reply to #95631)

Hi Eric,

I was watching Friends on TV tonight. It was the one where Ross found out that condoms were only 97% safe.

It made me think of you

Jonathon

Posted 2007-09-07 3:08 PM (#95880 - in reply to #95631)

Hi Eric,
The recovery time is 48 hours to a week. If you want yoga advice, this (as you know) is probably a good website. If you want medical advice, you should probably seek out a medical website such as: http://www.engenderhealth.org/wh/fp/cvas2.html. I have personally had a vasectomy. I decided to have it as we already had a birth daughter and were in the process of adopting a second daughter. How old are you? I was 40 when I had my vasectomy. My wife an I felt that we did not want any more children and that if we changed our minds, we could always adopt another one. Since we live in an overpopulated world with plenty of unwanted children, my wife and I felt that by having one and adopting one we were part of the solution and not part of the problem. As far as the vasectomy goes, it was quick, painless, and without side effects. Hope that this is of some value to you.
Namaste,
Jim
TampaEric
Posted 2007-09-07 3:35 PM (#95883 - in reply to #95880)

Hey Jim,

Yea, I was looking for the yoga perspective. I already had the operation last week. It took me 7 days to feel like myself again. I definately had side effects, but I guess it was normal. I didn't practice for 5 days and my entire back and hamstrings went on strike. It was terrible. I'm feeling better, but certainly not 100% yet.

We have one child and feel the way you do about a 2nd.

Thanks,

Eric
TampaEric
Posted 2007-09-07 3:45 PM (#95884 - in reply to #95878)

Really? It's funny how the internet connects people.

Eric
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-09-07 3:54 PM (#95885 - in reply to #95874)

Fantastic statement. Thank You. Except of course, in case of accidents, surgery is a great survival option.

Miabella704 - 2007-09-07 2:01 PM

The human body is not meant to be surgically altered.

Posted 2007-09-07 9:46 PM (#95894 - in reply to #95874)

Miabella704 - 2007-09-07 2:01 PM

The human body is not meant to be surgically altered.

Does this mean that you would not have an apendectomy if needed? Would you have a cancer removed? Which cancers should be removed and which should not? Should a disfiguring hairlip be surgically corrected? What was the human body meant for and how do you know this?

I am really not trying to be confrontational, but rather asking you to better define (clarify) where you are coming from if you are going to make such a blanket statement.

Thanks,
jimg
tourist
Posted 2007-09-08 10:11 AM (#95910 - in reply to #95894)
Subject: RE: how long will it take to h

Expert Yogi

The debate about what the human body was "meant" to do is endless. We could go on for weeks about it (and very likely will - the current cohort here seems to be prone....) and it becomes very subjective. Personally I believe we were given the tools (intelligence and ability to innovate) to repair many of the mechanical issues of the body, so it is reasonable to use those gifts. But we were also given gifts such as speech, which while used for the most part, are sometimes not used (by some monks, saints etc.) by choice (though my guess is that most continue to communicate by other means, such as Baba Hari Das who writes books and uses written words to "speak").

I am happy that a surgeon was able to repair my stomach and I will perhaps live a longer life because of it and likely not die of esophageal cancer. If another individual chooses not to take that surgery, that is fine with me, though I am guessing that they will most likely use a battery of drugs to continue to live without pain, which some would say are also not what the body was meant to have. And there is the fact that I live in a country with socialized medicine, so I strongly resent people who make choices that require me as a taxpayer to support them in a long, painful and expensive dying process because they made a choice that "costs me money". Please note that this comment applies only to those who have made a CHOICE - of course I support those who arrived in such a situation not by personal choice.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)