YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Desire
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Philosophy and ReligionMessage format

Ram
Posted 2007-12-01 12:08 PM (#100176 - in reply to #95337)
Subject: RE: Desire

Very interesting post and one I have spent many years in contemplation over. The difference is that I am 41. Depending on your past lives this may be a very deeply rooted samskara (impression). Wether its this one or another type we all have these "issues" to deal with.

Right now your spending a lot of time "meditating" on women. One thing right off the bat I would advocate is not to try to supress or reject what's in your mind. the opposite of attachment is aversion. It's merely one form of the other.

All thoughts are merely contracted forms of consiousness. See them as that. They are still consciousness. Just witness your thougts and keep doing your practises. Dont give up in frustration.

As for the practical application of dealing with women in your life just remember they will always be part of your spiritual journey. Enjoy yourself and your interactions with them. I personally found out that the more I did my practises the more women became attracted to me. Women are much more "tuned" in to energy then the average man is. (I know this is a terrible blanket statement but forgive me their is truth is in). Its a beautiful paradox. The more tuned in you are to your inner self the more women will desire to be with you. And then you will be in a much better state to deal with all those ramifications.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Spirittap
Posted 2007-12-05 3:26 PM (#100412 - in reply to #95337)

It sounds like a struggle between your lower and higher self. It's my understanding that meditation increases the vibration of our energy. Lust on the other hand is a lower form of vibration. Try realizing that women are more then just looks, turn that attraction to who they are Spiritually. Respect.
rishi
Posted 2008-03-11 3:25 AM (#104719 - in reply to #95578)

I can understand your eagerness to control those distracting thoughts. The solution can be as simple as this. Start yoga practice. It is not necessary that you have to remove all distracting thoughts before commencing yoga practice. For some time they can co exist. But as the intensity of your yoga practice increases it will occupy your mind more than anything else. For instance even if you start yoga practice to have a nice glowing body so that you can attract women eventually the very practice of yoga gradually gives you control of your thoughts.

A noble act even if done with false intensions can bring about permanent positive changes in your personality. A simple cause effect relation is " Practice " >> "Habits" >> "Character" . In other words practice leads to habit formation and habit forms character. That is the efficacy of a good practice.

Someone has written that if you are distracted by a pretty girl while practicing yoga you may do it wrongly and cause injuries to yourself. This is an exaggeration. Start an intensive practice and you will find an answer yourself.
kulkarnn
Posted 2008-03-11 7:12 AM (#104723 - in reply to #104719)

Fantastic. Thank you Rishi. Namaste.

rishi - 2008-03-11 3:25 AM

A noble act even if done with false intensions can bring about permanent positive changes in your personality. A simple cause effect relation is " Practice " >> "Habits" >> "Character" . In other words practice leads to habit formation and habit forms character. That is the efficacy of a good practice.

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)