YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any mantra recording services?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

JangoFolly
Posted 2007-08-28 12:22 PM (#95218)
Subject: Any mantra recording services?

Hi. I'm interested in finding a service that will record a mantra which I will write and then create an MP3 file (or similar sound file). Ideally it would include an appropriately soothing female voice speaking the mantra and new age type music in the background.

Please let me know if you're aware of any such services. A google search wasn't much help.

Thank you.

Regards,
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-08-28 3:10 PM (#95230 - in reply to #95218)
Subject: RE: Any mantra recording services?

Please clarify this question a little more? What is provided, what is expected, what shall it be used for, etc.?
JangoFolly
Posted 2007-08-29 8:44 AM (#95280 - in reply to #95230)
Subject: RE: Any mantra recording services?

kulkarnn - 2007-08-28 3:10 PM

Please clarify this question a little more? What is provided, what is expected, what shall it be used for, etc.?

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking for a service that will create a studio-quality recording of affirmations which I will write (voice plus background music -- 2 to 3 minutes in length). My hope is that the affirmations will help me stay focused and on-task throughout my workday. I would definitely want to hear a sample work prior to committing to the service.

Please let me know if you need any further information. Thanks again.

Regards,

Posted 2007-08-29 9:08 AM (#95284 - in reply to #95218)
Subject: RE: Any mantra recording servi

i do know of such services. i am in the process of making such a recording myself (english female voice with a soothing music background).

i've also utilized neel's services. he records beautiful, traditional mantras. gorgeous work. worth the cash.
JangoFolly
Posted 2007-08-29 11:24 AM (#95298 - in reply to #95284)

zoebird - 2007-08-29 9:08 AM

i do know of such services. i am in the process of making such a recording myself (english female voice with a soothing music background).

i've also utilized neel's services. he records beautiful, traditional mantras. gorgeous work. worth the cash.

Just to be sure I understand, you are currently working on a self-produced recording? Also, the previous poster, Neel Kulkarni, provides similar services?

Are you interested in doing a recording for me? As I mentioned before, I would like to hear a sample prior to making any commitment.

Thank you.

Regards,

Posted 2007-08-29 1:00 PM (#95313 - in reply to #95218)

well, basicly i've recorded some of my yoga classes in the past.

and, i have a kid who works with/for me who does audio recording (he graduates from uni in dec with his degree in recording). he's going to record a workshop for me in the near future. he's taking care of finding the background music that i want--because he is and knows a number of musicians.

i do pretty much everything self produced, and i don't see why i couldn't just add this topic. but here's another idea--go to your local phone book and look up recording studios. you'll very likely find some. contact them, and they'll be able to connect you with musicians, recording people, and the whole lot.

then you can meet them in person and have them do a quick, one time, work-for-hire recording for you. easy enough.
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-09-02 8:35 AM (#95519 - in reply to #95298)

Dear JangoFolly: I sent you a personal mail. Please see it. It will be in your inbox.

JangoFolly - 2007-08-29 11:24 AM

zoebird - 2007-08-29 9:08 AM

Just to be sure I understand, you are currently working on a self-produced recording? Also, the previous poster, Neel Kulkarni, provides similar services?

Are you interested in doing a recording for me? As I mentioned before, I would like to hear a sample prior to making any commitment.

Thank you.

Regards,
tourist
Posted 2007-09-02 11:30 AM (#95526 - in reply to #95519)

Expert Yogi

Because the equipment for recording is so easily available now, there are many very small recording studios around. My son has recorded whole albums in a spare room and they sound amazing. To find someone like that, you might want to ask at music stores. A lot of young musicians looking for extra projects work in places like that. Or you could hang out in bars and coffee houses where there are lots of indie musicians playing - they'll know these guys, too
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)