YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

raja yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

raquel
Posted 2007-08-24 2:41 AM (#94909)
Subject: raja yoga

I started a meditation class last night, I actually did part of it before, but was a bit half hearted about it, so thought I would try again.

Thought I would share the experience

Our fisrt lesson was - to recognise ourselves and others primarily as souls. To see our soul as sort of a spiritual battery, that animates our body - this battery needs energising and one of the ways its done is by seeing only the positivity and goodness in people (other souls)

Connecting to the inner peace which is always there, we do this by creating positive thought, which is connected to truth about ourselves. "Were energy flows things grow" so if we focus on negativity in ourselves and others it will expand, if we focus on positive aspects this too will expand, Our peaceful vibration will have a positive effect on others and help them feel peaceful

We have become too attatched to the physical and need to restore the balance by seeing the roles that we play like costumes., our life as a series of scenes.

We did a short meditation focusing on an image which was wonderful.

I must say we walked out of the place feeling very relaxed and calm, our homework was to have a few moments every morning reminding ourselves who we are - a soul and every hour also having a couple of minutes in silence, reminding ourselves who we really are
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-08-24 9:20 AM (#94928 - in reply to #94909)
Subject: RE: raja yoga

Darling Raquel:
Though I can not object to what I wrote here, I would give my way of looking at this:

Do this at least 100 times before getting any good idea of what is happening.

I wish you all the best. You are a great Yoga Practitioner.

Peace

raquel - 2007-08-24 2:41 AM

I started a meditation class last night, I actually did part of it before, but was a bit half hearted about it, so thought I would try again.

Thought I would share the experience

Our fisrt lesson was - to recognise ourselves and others primarily as souls. To see our soul as sort of a spiritual battery, that animates our body - this battery needs energising and one of the ways its done is by seeing only the positivity and goodness in people (other souls)

Connecting to the inner peace which is always there, we do this by creating positive thought, which is connected to truth about ourselves. "Were energy flows things grow" so if we focus on negativity in ourselves and others it will expand, if we focus on positive aspects this too will expand, Our peaceful vibration will have a positive effect on others and help them feel peaceful

We have become too attatched to the physical and need to restore the balance by seeing the roles that we play like costumes., our life as a series of scenes.

We did a short meditation focusing on an image which was wonderful.

I must say we walked out of the place feeling very relaxed and calm, our homework was to have a few moments every morning reminding ourselves who we are - a soul and every hour also having a couple of minutes in silence, reminding ourselves who we really are
raquel
Posted 2007-08-24 9:50 AM (#94936 - in reply to #94909)
Subject: RE: raja yoga

Thanks for your encouragement neel, you have inspired me to keep a meditation diary, to keep me on track, my next lesson is on monday,
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)