YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Interesting Vid on Tesla
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

GreenJello
Posted 2007-08-22 12:47 PM (#94740)
Subject: Interesting Vid on Tesla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_O0hD5nQVg

Edited by GreenJello 2007-08-22 12:47 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tweeva
Posted 2007-08-22 5:13 PM (#94784 - in reply to #94740)
Subject: RE: Interesting Vid on Tesla

Veteran

Ah, Tesla. One of my all time heroes.
If you're into this, you might check out this one:
http://www.thunderbolts.info
Their model of the universe is not free of inconsistencies but nevertheless, these guys make some excellent points.
Tw
tourist
Posted 2007-08-22 9:41 PM (#94798 - in reply to #94784)

Expert Yogi

I never heard of Tesla before I started doing the NYT crossword. Fascinating character!
tweeva
Posted 2007-08-23 4:06 AM (#94825 - in reply to #94798)

Veteran

Well, not only a fascinating character. He was a true genius with some serious social disorders.
The fact that he's still so little known, shows that Edison was very succesful in obscuring and humiliating him. Did you know that he was the prototype of the "mad scientist", as featured in many books and movies? Yet, slowly, the value of his work is being generally recognised.
Most of his inventions are still operational today and very smart people where just barely able to improve them and even then just slightly in details.
Whether his inventions were beneficial or desastrous to mankind, is another matter entirely. Perhaps it is for the best that he built and tested his designs completely in his mind.
He made some intriguing claims near the end of his life. Was he insane? Perhaps.
Tw

Edited by tweeva 2007-08-23 4:07 AM
SCThornley
Posted 2007-08-23 11:33 AM (#94854 - in reply to #94740)

nah, he wasn't insane

he just was really interested in electricity, and way too trusting in the belief that people wanted to make things better for each other.

In reality, people only want to make more for themselves.

Tesla was a rather unselfish individual, considering how much humanity has benefited from his creations.
GreenJello
Posted 2007-08-23 11:58 AM (#94856 - in reply to #94740)

Edison was the Bill Gates of his time, and Tesla more like the Wozniak or something. Really Edison was a crook, who presented himself well, Tesla was a real genuis who failed abysmally at marketing himself. Which I guess just goes to show which is the more useful skill to have, IF you're interested in worldly success. Edison died a wealthy man, Tesla a nearly penniless pauper.
SCThornley
Posted 2007-08-23 12:00 PM (#94857 - in reply to #94740)

I've read numerous books and Tesla Patents and application notes, recreation lab experiments.........

Tesla had invented a way to broadcast power wirelessly like you'd get your cell phone signal, but without a battery.....

Problem was, how could the power company charge for power that was so freely available?

He understood that we have unlimited electrical power available to us, and that all we had to do was to tap into it.

The folks in power did everything they could to destroy his reputation and never funded him again after he let that cat out of the bag.

If Tesla's inventions and design of the world was allowed to take complete root and grow to complete fruition, you could expect a world without the need of oil or coal.

Just think of how clean the environment could be, if the likes of Melon embraced the vision of Tesla.

He designed and built a car that ran on cosmic radiation. His Amplifying Transformer is the most underutilized invention of all time, by itself, it would reduce energy needs by 90%, unfortunately the bankers who owned the power companies didn't want that to occur, so they refused to fund the project. The bankers run the economy for their profit, and Tesla had a vision that would eliminate the need for the limited resources of oil and coal--two businesses that still today are huge global marketplaces.

Tesla's vision went far past the 19th century economy of oil and coal, he saw what lies ahead, his vision was one of a great future with unlimited potential.
SCThornley
Posted 2007-08-23 12:46 PM (#94862 - in reply to #94740)

http://www.borderlands.com/dollardandtesla.htm

Good Reading
tweeva
Posted 2007-08-23 5:19 PM (#94882 - in reply to #94854)

Veteran

SCThornley - 2007-08-21 5:33 PM

nah, he wasn't insane

he just was really interested in electricity, and way too trusting in the belief that people wanted to make things better for each other.

In reality, people only want to make more for themselves.

Tesla was a rather unselfish individual, considering how much humanity has benefited from his creations.

Steve, I totally agree with you (again).
I read the article at the link you provided in your post further below. I'm afraid I'll have to reread it again to completely get it, but I did notice the dropping of the name of Maxwell somewhere in there. One of my
I got lost in his Quaternions. I'm sure he was onto something there...
SCThornley
Posted 2007-08-23 9:20 PM (#94887 - in reply to #94740)

I so wish that the United States would fund research and development of engineering and science like they do the Pentagon.

It really seems as if the only thing the citizens of the USA really believe in is WAR.

I mean just look at what we spend.
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSL1119646120070611

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kielbryant/118020322/in/set-72057594137096110/

(military.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments military.jpg (43KB - 36 downloads)
jonnie
Posted 2007-08-23 11:45 PM (#94893 - in reply to #94740)

Yes, there's nothing like a good war to jump start the economy...

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)