YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

workshop this weekend..
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Ashtanga YogaMessage format

TampaEric
Posted 2007-08-16 9:39 AM (#94247)
Subject: workshop this weekend..

I'm pretty psyched about taking a workshop this weekend.

The teacher is named Cheryl Deer and she now lives in Colorado. She used to teach at our studio and has returned for a weekend workshop.

She is an interesting teacher that borrows from Anna Forrest and Ashtanga. Very powerful sequences and very nice adjustments. (she is tiny and can sneak in there quick).

I haven't studied with her in over a year. When she left, it forced me to take charge of my own practice. At that time I started practing strict mysore on my own.

Now, I'm wondering if she will see the changes in my practice or if they changes are so small, she might not think I've improved. When she left I was struggling with Marchi D and Pasasana and I still struggle with them. However, my left hamstring was not very open when she left and now I'm chin to knee on every forward bend. I also got Kurmasana with the heels of the ground since she left.

Last Tuesday she was in the studio when I was teaching "intermediate" flow. And, she looked in the door and saw me teaching a full house. It made me feel so proud. When she was teaching at our studio her classes always had more students than mine did. Now 1 year later she came back and see me with 25 students.

I guess what is neat is that before I was always under her shadow. She was my teacher. Now we are more equals.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
TampaEric
Posted 2007-08-17 8:20 AM (#94295 - in reply to #94247)
Subject: RE: workshop this weekend..

Tonight's the first one. So, excited...

Thanks for reading.
TampaEric
Posted 2007-08-20 9:47 AM (#94494 - in reply to #94295)

Workshop was really good. I hurt my wrist on Thursday and after Saturday's class on arm balances, it was feeling a lot better.

We did. Plank, side plank, turbo dog, crow, side crow, straight leg side crow, single leg side crow, forearm balance, and handstands. Pretty basic stuff, but she spent a good amount of time talking about alignment in the arms, hands and shoulders...

Sunday, she was sick. and the owner of the studio had to fill in. Not as good as Saturdays. I found it really strange that she started the workshop with these very advanced postures.. Pigeon with knee grab, double pigeon and cow face to start class!

I think the thing about workshops is that if you spend 3 hours doing yoga, you get these incredible sensations and feelings. At one point doing both class, I got those vibrations in my hands. It was like a shiver...

Sometimes I think that I just need more time to do my practice. Not more postures or better sequences, just time..
jonnie
Posted 2007-08-21 12:30 AM (#94587 - in reply to #94494)

TampaEric - 2007-08-21 5:47 PM

Sometimes I think that I just need more time to do my practice. Not more postures or better sequences, just time..

Yes, dig a small hole, but dig it deep.

That's my philosophy anyway.

Jonathon
TampaEric
Posted 2007-08-21 10:22 AM (#94613 - in reply to #94587)

Good words. Thanks...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)