YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tomatoes
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-08-12 2:01 PM (#94034)
Subject: tomatoes

Yay, the tomatoes are ready, the tomatoes are ready. I spent the morning canning tomatoes, it's been a while since I've had this many! Man, is it hot and steamy in my kitchen. I'm so happy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nick
Posted 2007-08-13 1:27 AM (#94049 - in reply to #94034)
Subject: RE: tomatoes

Hi Shelly,
What, have you been growing loads of tomatoes? Yum. The best tomato experience I ever had was when a girlfriend gave me a bottle of passata that her mother had made in Liguria, Italy. It's funny how food can contain a region's character-or at least your head invents the character and applies it to the food-or something

Nick
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-08-13 8:02 AM (#94053 - in reply to #94034)

Hi Nick, it's a good year for the tomatoes!

I was thinking it's funny how everything reminds you of a girlfriend.

Shelly
Nick
Posted 2007-08-13 8:22 AM (#94054 - in reply to #94053)

Hi Shelly,
What, me in particular?
Nick
jonnie
Posted 2007-08-13 10:09 AM (#94056 - in reply to #94034)

bstqltmkr - 2007-08-13 10:01 PM

Man, is it hot and steamy in my kitchen. I'm so happy.

Shelly,

It doesn't take much to activate Nick's base chakra but when you use experessions like 'hot and steamy' what do you expect?
Nick
Posted 2007-08-13 10:24 AM (#94057 - in reply to #94056)

Hey Jonnie,
Yes! Exactly! Thanks for your vote of support-at least, I think it was support I'm going to have to devize some new and harder exercises for you Have you ever experienced the health benefits of colonic irrigation and sun salutes, done simultaneously?

Nick
jonnie
Posted 2007-08-13 10:56 AM (#94059 - in reply to #94034)

That's made my eyes water

I watched someone get one of those on the tv last week.

It was one of those diet/lifestyle programmes where a Scottish doctor works with very overweight and unhealthy people to turn around their lives and make them healthy.

What came out of their colon was not very pretty at all

Jonathon
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-08-13 1:16 PM (#94066 - in reply to #94034)

Sure, sure, point the finger at me.

Anyway, you don't need colonics if you eat enough tomato seeds in your diet.
joscmt
Posted 2007-08-13 7:21 PM (#94087 - in reply to #94034)

I'm jealous!! I have a HUGE tomato plant- one flower on it- and no tomatoes!!! My herbs are doing great though!
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-08-13 7:23 PM (#94089 - in reply to #94034)

Hey Nick, I was looking up Passata, and I found out something interesting. It has the seeds removed, so guess who needs to sign up for colonics? Enjoy a good washing out, Shelly

Wow, Marylisa, maybe you have the wrong sex tomato plant. I'm kidding, I know nothing about growing them but I sure can cook them up.

Edited by bstqltmkr 2007-08-13 7:25 PM
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-08-13 10:23 PM (#94094 - in reply to #94034)

Hey bstqltmkr: Let us have the picture of your tomatoes so that I can decide to fly there.
Nick
Posted 2007-08-14 1:22 AM (#94095 - in reply to #94089)

bstqltmkr - 2007-08-14 12:23 AM

Hey Nick, I was looking up Passata, and I found out something interesting. It has the seeds removed, so guess who needs to sign up for colonics? Enjoy a good washing out, Shelly

Wow, Marylisa, maybe you have the wrong sex tomato plant. I'm kidding, I know nothing about growing them but I sure can cook them up.

Hi Shelly,
You remind me of a girl I used to go out with

Nick
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-08-14 8:07 AM (#94101 - in reply to #94034)

Hi Neel, I'm so sorry to say my girls have control of my camera right now. Just imagine sunshine in a jar and you'll see what I see.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-08-14 8:19 AM (#94102 - in reply to #94034)

Hi Nick, I was reading the newspaper, and they had two articles in there that reminded me of you. The first one was about a survey on how many sexual partners the male sex and the female sex had. The males answered with many more partners than the females. Then they analyzed this and concluded that the females weren't reporting the facts, lets just say they edited. What this means for you is that about 7 out of 10 of your ex-girlfriends are denying it.

The second article was another survey, English men rank number one for satisfaction. From the sound of the article, the surveyers had a hard time believing it. The poor Italian men ranked last, more hype than substance or something like that.
Shelly
Nick
Posted 2007-08-14 8:35 AM (#94103 - in reply to #94102)

bstqltmkr - 2007-08-14 1:19 PM

Hi Nick, I was reading the newspaper, and they had two articles in there that reminded me of you. The first one was about a survey on how many sexual partners the male sex and the female sex had. The males answered with many more partners than the females. Then they analyzed this and concluded that the females weren't reporting the facts, lets just say they edited. What this means for you is that about 7 out of 10 of your ex-girlfriends are denying it.

The second article was another survey, English men rank number one for satisfaction. From the sound of the article, the surveyers had a hard time believing it. The poor Italian men ranked last, more hype than substance or something like that.
Shelly

Hi Shelly,
Yes, don't believe the hype! I wonder where being half-Polish puts me on the ranking?

Nick
p.s Hang on a minute, I seem to be getting some kind of ill-deserved reputation on this forum-a bit startling, I think it was some time last century that I saw any action-at least it feels like it

Edited by Nick 2007-08-14 8:39 AM
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-08-14 8:44 AM (#94104 - in reply to #94034)

Sure Nick, Sure, it was probably yesterday! Shelly
Nick
Posted 2007-08-14 9:06 AM (#94105 - in reply to #94104)

Hi Shelly,
No, I assure you, I'd remember-there would probably be unprecedented seismic activity being recorded in the south London area by earthquake warning stations all over the world

Nick
belle vie
Posted 2007-08-14 9:49 AM (#94109 - in reply to #94034)

Veteran

Sorry, I thought we were talking about those round ,red, delicious, things that grow in a garden. But I can understand Nick's confusion, particularly if he hasn't been around any for --which century were you referring to Nick?

I grow tomatoes but don't can them. I give away the extra's when we have some. I love to grow the more unusual varieties since we can buy very nice regular tomatoes. So, this year I have yellow ones and orange ones and two types of cherry tomatoes and some shaped like hot red peppers.

Yep, I easily can understand Nick's confusion, peppery hot, lucious love apples and all
Orbilia
Posted 2007-08-14 11:35 AM (#94123 - in reply to #94103)

Curious that the article decided women were under-reporting rather than the men over-reporting. Given men's tendency to exaggerate, that is?

As for Nick's rep.... most English guys do *talk* a good game *lol*

Fee
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-08-14 2:28 PM (#94131 - in reply to #94034)

Hi Fee,

I wondered that myself, and I wondered something else, When you were going to join in and poke fun at Nick. Afterall, it was him that turned my lovely thread about a delicious vegetable to $hit.

Hi Belle,

your tomatoes really would look like sunshine in a jar!

Edited by bstqltmkr 2007-08-14 2:29 PM
Nick
Posted 2007-08-15 1:10 AM (#94147 - in reply to #94131)

bstqltmkr - 2007-08-15 7:28 PM

Hi Fee,

I wondered that myself, and I wondered something else, When you were going to join in and poke fun at Nick. Afterall, it was him that turned my lovely thread about a delicious vegetable to $hit.

Hi Belle,

your tomatoes really would look like sunshine in a jar!

Hey!
All I did was mention passata And tomatoes are a fruit, not a vegetable Just like you!

Ok, one more funny sex story involving an ex-she was from Pakistan, very highly educated but with a not too perfect comand of English. We were sharing what I believe they call a passionate embrace, and then she whispered: "I want to see you neurotic." My brain fused-we were kissing, and she wants to carry out some bizarre psychological test-it took me a few seconds before i realized she had said "erotic." That was more like what the doctor ordered! Maybe you had to have been there!

Nick
Orbilia
Posted 2007-08-15 6:28 AM (#94153 - in reply to #94147)

*LOL*

Talking of potential faux pas language-wise. I have recently starting trying to learn arabic and have been accumulating helpful links that give me both the arabic and the phonetic translation of words.

I wanted to know what "start" or "begin" was so I typed "start" into one such tool and discovered that this is probably a word I will need to be very careful of getting the pronounciation right on before using it in polite company....

Begin/start is Bada-a

BUT Bada'a is to f**k

AND Badr is clit**is

Fee

Edited by Orbilia 2007-08-15 6:34 AM
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-08-15 7:47 AM (#94160 - in reply to #94034)

Haha Nick, I was refering to the colonics! I'm sure that reminded you of one more ex, so come on and tell the story.

Fee, you had better be careful speaking arabic, or you'll be in for more than you expected.

Shelly
joscmt
Posted 2007-08-15 8:52 AM (#94164 - in reply to #94034)

Sometimes, I find myself in conversations with employees that no employer should be subject to- I had one guy from Honduras who was new to the whole sex thing- he'd only had one partner prior to this conversation. I get to work one morning and he's completely bummed out- like his world has crashed around him. I ask him if everything is ok.. he shrugs. So, I say "well, let me know if you need to talk about anything" (God, I should have thought twice).... so he asks me in his broken english about an "organism". I'm thinking Hmmm.. random...

Then he goes on to explain that his first girlfriend had no problem with organism.. but his second just won't get there and he doesn't know what he's doing wrong...

Ahhhh.... then I realized he was asking about orgasms! To his boss! Ohhh.......the perils of running a restaurant!!
Orbilia
Posted 2007-08-15 9:38 AM (#94171 - in reply to #94164)

Well, you *did* ask, Jos *falls on floor laughing*.

Fee
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)