YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reap the Riches of Kindness
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything Else -> Generally OTMessage format

Ravi
Posted 2007-08-08 9:48 AM (#93758)
Subject: Reap the Riches of Kindness

Reap the Riches of Kindness

A man's true wealth is the good he does in the world -Mohammed

"I was graphically reminded of the true value of life one day last year when I attended two funerals on the same day. The first was for the man who owned the company I worked for. He was wealthy man who had built his fortune with ruthless dedication. The funeral was a very sad affair, not because he had died, but because he had left so little of himself behind. There were no tears, no out-pouring of grief, just a hallow ritual of death.

"The second funeral was for an old woman who had been a wonderful fixture in town for the past twenty years. She was kind of the town character, a woman without a family of her own but loved by everyone. She would go to the Little League baseball games and root for whichever team was losing; she'd dress up each Halloween and walk around town, waving at all the little kids. And she always had a smile and a nice word for everyone.

"Half the town turned out to say good-bye to her, and turned into a movable party of remembrance, people remembering her antics, sharing our own favorite stories, and crying and laughing at the same time. She was a community treasure and will be sorely missed."

In a world where money seems to count for everything, it's so easy to lose track of what truly matters. Money can come and go, but nothing can touch the treasure we create in the loving of one another.

Our true wealth is counted in the goodwill we show and the lives we touch. So live richly, and dispense your thoughtfulness freely.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2007-08-08 12:39 PM (#93772 - in reply to #93758)
Subject: RE: Reap the Riches of Kindnes

thanks ravi!

on the flip side, i have such a feeling of supreme wealth right now. here's why:

i was missing my friends. i made so many friends in NZ, that since i came back, i was feeling quite lonely and isolated again. i tried emailing them, calling them on a regular basis--it ws mostly phone tag. we just lead busy lives. i loved them and missed them.

i started having a series of dreams about NZ--a lot of good healing stuff. really dynamic. and then, this past week, all of my NZ firends got in touch with me! i was so happy.

and then, talk about abundance:

1. my friends from CT decided to spend the whole weekend with us (instead of just one night)!

2. i talked to my friend nikki from NZ and she gave me such awesome insight and joy! we're going to hang out ASAP! (feb, it looks like)

3. my friend Taya from NZ called two days ago. She's in the US and arriving in Philly today! I'm going to pick her up at the airport this afternoon, she'll come home and do yoga with me, and then stay until friday or saturday. She's going to be in town for a number of months--and i'm so psyched!

I'm so lucky! i'm so lucky! i'm so lucky!

i feel like the richest girl in the world!

(oh, and October J's lumps went down!)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)