YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

help creating a theme....
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Anusara YogaMessage format

Vata
Posted 2007-08-03 11:48 PM (#93438)
Subject: help creating a theme....

Hello!

I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to help with creating a theme for the 5th chakra. I would like the theme to include the meaning of the 5th chakra and for the theme to be able to apply to life/situation, etc. and create a concept that everyone (yoga students) can relate to rather than just explaining to them what the 5th chakra is. Usually using two opposites is nice for a theme. For instance, the 5th Chakra is expansion (the opposite of expansion is shrinking-can't think of a better word for shrinking right now!,etc) but I am not coming up with a life situation that I could use that students could relate to on and off the mat.
Then I was also wondering what poses you might suggest ( a potpourri class-anusara yoga for the class of students who are at the level- beginner to just above beginner, to include in my lesson plan that stimulate/wake-up the 5th chakra and apply to the above theme on the mat? does anyone have any ideas? thanks....Vata
Top of the page Bottom of the page
OrangeMat
Posted 2007-08-04 6:31 AM (#93452 - in reply to #93438)
Subject: RE: help creating a theme....

The opposite of expansion is contraction. Think inhale as opposed to exhale. Organic vs. muscular energy. That sort of thing.

In all of the reading I've done regarding the chakras, I haven't come across expansion as a concept that particularly corresponds the vissudha chakra. But then again, I'm still learning myself. The fifth chakra is the throat chakra, and relates to communication and creativity, as well as truth. So obviously poses that open the throat (ustrasana is the most obvious example) could serve you well in your class.

You might want to look here for some inspiration for your class. Also, this page might have some additional insight for your theme as well (do a find on the word "fifth"). Good luck!

ilchileesedona
Posted 2014-03-17 4:24 AM (#211353 - in reply to #93452)
Subject: RE: help creating a theme....

Veteran

OrangeMat - 2007-08-04 6:31 AM

The opposite of expansion is contraction. Think inhale as opposed to exhale. Organic vs. muscular energy. That sort of thing.

In all of the reading I've done regarding the chakras, I haven't come across expansion as a concept that particularly corresponds the vissudha chakra. But then again, I'm still learning myself. The fifth chakra is the throat chakra, and relates to communication and creativity, as well as truth. So obviously poses that open the throat (ustrasana is the most obvious example) could serve you well in your class.

You might want to look here for some inspiration for your class. Also, this page might have some additional insight for your theme as well (do a find on the word "fifth"). Good luck!

I'm with you buddy.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)