YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kindness Ripples
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Philosophy and ReligionMessage format

Ravi
Posted 2007-08-02 10:24 AM (#93277)
Subject: Kindness Ripples

Kindness Ripples Out into the World

What we do today, right now, will have an accumulated effect on all our tomorrows - Alexandra Stoddard

We live in a crowded and tumultuous time, so bursting with noise that just to take notice of the world threatens to overwhelm us. We long for a simpler, quieter time, a time of small villages, peaceful valleys, and pastures full of the sounds of nature instead of the blaring horns, screeching tires, and constant background din of internal combustion engines. In our mythology, our legends, our fairy tales, the world is always small enough to embrace, small enough that we can see the purpose of our being there, follow the threads of our lives and know that what we do has a lasting effect.
But that time has gone and is not likely to return. We have been born into a world teeming with souls and echoing with the noise of discord, and it is our task to learn how to effectively be ourselves in the midst of that seeming chaos. Often, the most difficult part of that task is simply being able to see or sense the threads that connect us, that bind us together, the invisible arteries through which our actions pulse and flow out into the community of others.
We need to hone our deeper sense of connectedness. Learning to master the sixth sense is not unlike how as children we learned to use our first five senses- we experiment, we extend ourselves outward, feeling for the ways and places that we are connected, opening channels of kindness and understanding, and watching them ripple outward. Focus on ways to explore, strengthen and expand those connections.....
Very Happy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-08-02 12:55 PM (#93293 - in reply to #93277)
Subject: RE: Kindness Ripples

When I click on the bottom link shoelessyoga, it takes me to yoga.com or what?
Ravi
Posted 2007-08-02 2:26 PM (#93314 - in reply to #93277)

fixed it Neelji! my site is in great need of updating and reconstruction.............. I have been waiting for someone to help me in exchange for thai Yoga Therapy sessions here at home. No takers yet! LOL
seeker83
Posted 2009-12-17 1:47 PM (#120046 - in reply to #93277)

Check this video out, it shows you exactly what you talk about. You will like it..

The Ripple Effect
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)