YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

urghhhhh go away .per.
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

yogagirl
Posted 2007-07-13 3:05 PM (#91389)
Subject: urghhhhh go away .per.

cramps hurt
and stretching is suppose to help
isn't yoga stretching in away
and then how can u relax and get into the flow
when ur worried about ur tampon falling out or ur
cramps just getting worse
and then u don't wanna leave the class cause u think if u wait it out it will goaway
the bad part is my yoga teacher is a guy
how embrassing to ask to leave cause of this right ?

by the way u are suppose to were tampons when doing yoga right cause idk pads work that well when doing the stretching eiter way
periods suck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2007-07-13 3:28 PM (#91395 - in reply to #91389)
Subject: RE: urghhhhh go away .per.

actually, periods are great. they really are.

and you don't have to practice yoga on your period if you don't want to.

your male teacher knows and undertands this, but i don't see why you'd have to ask him to simply not take the class, unless it's a course that you have to take for school or osmething, in which case you can tell him that you're menstruating and it's really not a big deal.

cramps happen for a variety of reasons, malnutrition is one of them. are you eating enough good, healthy fats? i know that you're very active, and this often decreases PMS symptoms, but some women are over-active and dont' get enough nturients, and therefore end up with PMS because they don't hae their exercise and nutrients balanced.

i never wear tampons, when i do practice, it's always with pads. but i use 'glad rags' which are cloth, reuseable/washable pads. they're very comfortable and they work well for me (no leaks).

yogagirl
Posted 2007-07-13 4:35 PM (#91398 - in reply to #91389)

wow i never new periods could be great y would they be
umm well i eat lets say alot of meat (gramps won't leat me be a vegan) alwell but i must amitt i love that meat
anywho i eat lots and lots of oranges and bananas umm my vegs and barily any junk
but i do work out like crazy i guess may be to much

and pads ? wouldn't they leak

and were do u get those things u use ? are they like at walmart
and well no i just feel bad leaving his class cause i feel like u no he takes out of his time to teach so i should try to learn all i can i just don't wanna hurt his feelings

Posted 2007-07-13 5:02 PM (#91401 - in reply to #91389)

1. you're not hurting his feelings. he's teaching because he wants to. it's not a burden to him.

2. in some traditions, practicing while menstruating is contra-indicated. that means, you're not supposed to practice while menstruating. now, other traditions say that it's ok to practice, as long as the practice is restorative, and other traditions say you can choose whether or not you want to practice and how you want to practice. if you have too many discomforts to practice, then don't practice.

and if you choose not to practice, unless the teacher needs to know (eg, it's for class credit or something), you don't need to tell him. your being their isn't going to make or break his day. he can handle you not being there.

3. yes, periods can be great. personally, i've always loved my period. there's a whole theory about how the menstrual cycle (particularly the first one, menarche) is considered a spiritual initiation and process that a woman receives. it is a very powerful initiation and one of the "blood mysteries." (you can look that up on the 'net.)

women receive four blood mystery initiations: menstruation, giving of one's virginity, birth, and menopause. two focus on life (menstruation, giving of one's virginity), and two focus on death (birth, menopause). Uniquely, two focus on both in converse ways. Giving of one's virginity not only initiates a woman into the life-giving process of childbearing, but in doing so, reflect into birth, during which "a woman must pass through her death to bring forth life." So, there is a nod to the death aspect in life itself. Birth, of course, is the process of bringing forth that life, by confronting death.

these are very powerful blood mystery initiations. each time we have a menstrual cycle, we are reminded of the potency of blood and it's part in both life and death. the menses is a perpetual rite that acknowledges our fascinating place--being a woman is being a seat of both life and death in one body. it's a very powerful position, spiritually speaking.

menstruation itself needn't be uncomfortable, a balanced lifestyle with a focus on the sacred nature of menstruation and other women's rites and initiations, will nurture a physicality that respects and honors this process. this is not to say that it will be pain free, but it can be less uncomfortable, and those discomforts would be less 'emotionally problematic' if we saw them as something spiritually valuable and important.

4. i got my pads online through a friend of mine. i'll give you her web site if you are interested. you can also find them by looking up "luna pads" and "glad rags" or "cloth menstrual pads" through google or another search engine. i do not know if walmart sells them or not, but they are not very expensive, are easy to care for, and last a long time. my first set lasted 7 years, and i just bought my new set 6 months ago. they're really wonderful.

if you want a reuseable alternative to tampons, you might consider the "keeper" or "diva cup." if you look them up, you can learn about them as well.

many women discover that their PMS symptoms decrease when they move away form commercial pads and tampons. it is long-rumored that the dyes and chemicals in these products actually increase cramps and other menstrual pains, and might even cause women to bleed more (have heavier periods) in order to use and therefore buy more product (afterall, the multinational food corporations do it to get people to eat and buy more food, so why not these companies?).

so, going to a natural, reuseable alternative may actually decrease your PMS symptoms.

hope this gives you some food for thought and inspiration.
yogagirl
Posted 2007-07-13 5:33 PM (#91405 - in reply to #91389)

hmmmm thank you i never knew that women held alot lot lot lot lotl more power than we think i mean we do have power of men (lol) but spirtualy that 's just awsome i m gonna tell my mom thank you having me
that whole written thing about periods being good kinda made me feel better i thankyou for that and

that's just gross thinking they put stuff in tampons and stuff
and could u give me the webbsite plz
also wat are those things made out of the ones u buy ??

Posted 2007-07-14 11:29 AM (#91442 - in reply to #91389)

mine are made out of organic cotton flannel. my friend's web site is here: http://www.feralfeminine.com/
Kool A
Posted 2007-07-16 4:45 AM (#91513 - in reply to #91389)

I think it great to do yoga while having your menstruation. It helps to reduce the cramps. By the way zoebird that's great to have cloth pad carrying bags. Good idea!!!
yogagirl
Posted 2007-07-16 8:44 AM (#91521 - in reply to #91389)

helps cramps but it just make mine worst sometimes lol
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)