YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

confused
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Philosophy and ReligionMessage format

yogagirl
Posted 2007-07-14 1:24 PM (#91443 - in reply to #91430)
Subject: RE: confused

yes i did get it so like soccer would be a sport which is an organized religion because we all come to practice for the love of the game and to learn more right
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-07-14 1:49 PM (#91447 - in reply to #91343)

Good Sister Yogagirl. Now, only the last topic remains:

6. Organized Church or Institution with Economics/Politics behind it. :

First, you have to understand that Religion is must. Without Religion one can not survive in the society. However, Religion is meant for social living. So, it is different for different society. A religion in USA will not work in Iraq or Ethiopia. Next, one has to understand that Philosophical religion deals partially with Philosophy. And, Philosophy is for finding truth. Truth is one, and not dependent on society or geography. Therefore, that part of Religion must be same in all the Philosophical Religions. And, this truth is found thousands and thousands of years ago. Because, though Geography and Societies are chaning, the truth does not change.

This truth is called Brahman. And, as it is a Sanskrit word, of course, it is first described in the Indian Vedic Texts, regardless of hypothetical fabricated theory of Aryans moving from Europe to India in 2000 BC. Anyway, this truth is known for thousands of years before. As it is in Sanskrit, non Sanskrit cultures have problems to accept it and they want to state either same or different truth in another language or statements. And, no doubt, they shall come back in circle, to the same truth. They can call it Kingdom of God, or Emptiness, or whatever, they shall come back to it.

But, the worst thing, apart from the above logic is: the organized religion has one naughty child. That takes birth when certain members of it realize that the members of organization can be manipulated to gain political and economic advantage for themselves. They also know that more the members in cogreation, more such advantage will come. So, they set out to spread this truth in the name of original founder of Religion. This institution is called Organized Church. Some of them are genuine and most of them are notorious. They play various tricks such as helping poor in disadvantage at the cost of conversion to their church. Or, they give them option of conversion and when refused, they attack those societies or rape their women to produce children of the new religion. Thus the new *******s are the new members of their Church now. Some of them also do not pay heed to the original founder. For example, original founder may be wearing simple clothes and eating simple food. But, these fools wear expensive dresses, live in palaces, and drive in Mercedeces.

Real Organized Religion needs NO missionary work as it is sufficient to meet the needs of an organized society and each society shall have their necessary binding values. What is needed is sharing of the Philosophy if one feels their philosophy is correct. In this case, they should not mix the Religion at all. And, this Philosophy should either match or one should be accepted over the other for the better level of truth. However, all the truths ultimately merge into one truth, called Brahman.

Spreading of the Philosophy without getting into the Organized Church, and while maintaning one's own Organized Religion is the challege of today's Yoga.

OM shantiH

yogagirl - 2007-07-13 9:15 AM

oh okay i get it yoga is the practices that teaches u the truth or helps u find the truth stated in numba 2 ? yes no did i get it ?
Kaos
Posted 2007-07-14 3:42 PM (#91448 - in reply to #91447)

kulkarnn - 2007-07-14 1:49 PM

... maintaning one's own Organized Religion is the challege of today's Yoga.

Hi kulkarnn,

Does that mean you are maintaining "Kulkarnnism"?

K
Cyndi
Posted 2007-07-14 4:44 PM (#91449 - in reply to #91447)

Expert Yogi

Love it, Love it, Love it...LOVE IT.  Please...by all means keep this going,

kulkarnn - 2007-07-14 1:49 PM Or, they give them option of conversion and when refused, they attack those societies or rape their women to produce children of the new religion. Thus the new *******s are the new members of their Church now. Some of them also do not pay heed to the original founder. For example, original founder may be wearing simple clothes and eating simple food. But, these fools wear expensive dresses, live in palaces, and drive in Mercedeces.

This is great NB...would you mind filling in the *****, curious minds would LOVE to know,

Kaos
Posted 2007-07-14 4:52 PM (#91451 - in reply to #91449)

Right now, I'm listening to Blindfaith's "Presence of the Lord" while maintaining my "Kaoism".

Keep up the thread kulkarnn and yogagurl. Reading this thread is great! Much better than watching t.v.

yogagirl
Posted 2007-07-14 5:04 PM (#91453 - in reply to #91447)

that whole thing was just so confusing

so people some people of the organized church or watever
rape there women to have more people it there organization ?
and wat is the ****** thingy ?
also idk numba 6 is CONFUSING
Kaos
Posted 2007-07-14 5:11 PM (#91456 - in reply to #91453)

yogagirl - 2007-07-14 5:04 PM

that whole thing was just so confusing

so people some people of the organized church or watever
rape there women to have more people it there organization ?
and wat is the ****** thingy ?
also idk numba 6 is CONFUSING

That's why ORGANIZED religion, sucks. My point of view of course, yet I mean, that with deep. conviction.

Yet, there are those who practice the tenets of their religion both within and outside it's organized framework who embody the teachings of their faith. But these individuals are quite rare.

yogagirl
Posted 2007-07-14 5:19 PM (#91457 - in reply to #91456)

why are the rare ?
Kaos
Posted 2007-07-14 5:35 PM (#91458 - in reply to #91457)

yogagirl - 2007-07-14 5:19 PM

why are the rare ?

Because mostly, people are like blind sheep merely following the flock, without knowing what it is, that they are following.

yogagirl
Posted 2007-07-14 5:38 PM (#91459 - in reply to #91458)

ohh isee and sometimes u have

some sheeps that get away from the heard right
Kaos
Posted 2007-07-14 6:13 PM (#91462 - in reply to #91459)

The Divine is already within each of us.

Seeking it outside of oneself is life putting someone else's words inside your mouth, or putting a book on top of your head.

Cyndi
Posted 2007-07-14 9:03 PM (#91470 - in reply to #91459)

Expert Yogi

yogagirl - 2007-07-14 5:38 PM ohh isee and sometimes u have some sheeps that get away from the heard right

YG, it's not about sheeps getting away from the herd.   In the animal kingdom, this would be deadly for the sheep that got away from its herd, because it would not have the protection of the flock.  This is the way sheep survive in the wild, they depend upon each other.

On the other hand, human beings do too, to some degree.  However, human beings also have the ability to use their own minds and know what is best for them.  So, therefore, to follow a "flock" for religious reasons, is very tricky business.  People who have religion in today's world are perfectly okay and fine where they are..that must be respected, especially as Yoga Aspirants.  However, as a Yoga Aspirant we follow a different path, that is all. It is not something for you to judge, and to say that you are higher than or lower than.  That is a very important aspect of Yoga.  So, just try to understand what NB is saying, but remain neutral in your feelings about it.  Don't judge anything as right or wrong.  However, just monitor what is right for yourself today.  

It's good to see you again and I'm glad that you are asking these questions.  You are a smart girl. 

kulkarnn
Posted 2007-07-14 10:43 PM (#91474 - in reply to #91451)

Darling Kaos: From my side the thread is about to complete. It started with yogagirl asking for clarifying 6 points which I did my best.

Kaos - 2007-07-14 4:52 PM

Right now, I'm listening to Blindfaith's "Presence of the Lord" while maintaining my "Kaoism".

Keep up the thread kulkarnn and yogagurl. Reading this thread is great! Much better than watching t.v.

But, I have one question. In the following post, how did Yoga Girl Question got embedded into the post by Kaos or how is Kaos question is signed as Yoga Girl

Kaos - 2007-07-14 3:42 PM

kulkarnn - 2007-07-14 1:49 PM

... maintaning one's own Organized Religion is the challege of today's Yoga.

Hi kulkarnn,

Does that mean you are maintaining "Kulkarnnism"?

K

To satisfy the curiosity of CB: the word begins with b and ends with d (and s for the plural).

Kaos
Posted 2007-07-14 10:57 PM (#91475 - in reply to #91474)

kulkarnn - 2007-07-14 10:43 PM

But, I have one question. In the following post, how did Yoga Girl Question got embedded into the post by Kaos or how is Kaos question is signed as Yoga Girl.

Dear Kulkarnn,

As they say, reality is movement that occurs as a "series of interpenetrating and intermingling elements in different degrees of enfoldment ALL present together."...

Namaste,
Kaos

Kaos
Posted 2007-07-14 11:29 PM (#91476 - in reply to #91197)

That's fine Kulkarnn,

I will leave it to you to explain to yogagurl about religion, philosophy and such.

I trust you will explain to her and everyone else who is interested, the right things. Far too many people are led astray and manipulated when it comes to subjects such as religion, etc.

Namaste,
Kaos

Cyndi
Posted 2007-07-15 9:55 AM (#91483 - in reply to #91476)

Expert Yogi

Kaos - 2007-07-14 11:29 PM That's fine Kulkarnn, I will leave it to you to explain to yogagurl about religion, philosophy and such. I trust you will explain to her and everyone else who is interested, the right things. Far too many people are led astray and manipulated when it comes to subjects such as religion, etc. Namaste, Kaos

One thing is definitely for sure Kaos, you do NOT have to worry about Neelbhai (NB) explaining this...he's over qualified for the job...TRUST ME.

yogagirl
Posted 2007-07-16 8:41 AM (#91520 - in reply to #91483)

lol who is nb and

did i get number six right or no
i think i posted it in the post already but idk

anouther thing wat dose the sheep anaolgy have to do with numba 6 ?
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-07-16 10:08 AM (#91523 - in reply to #91520)

Dear YG: I do not know what you understood by 6 for me to respond. Please let me know.

yogagirl - 2007-07-16 8:41 AM

lol who is nb and

did i get number six right or no
i think i posted it in the post already but idk

anouther thing wat dose the sheep anaolgy have to do with numba 6 ?
yogagirl
Posted 2007-07-16 11:12 AM (#91538 - in reply to #91447)

i understand that without religion one cannot survive in the society umm but though societies change ummm truth dosn't right
and also that the organize church will do wat ever it can to have more followers
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-07-16 12:16 PM (#91547 - in reply to #91538)

Fantastic. I am proud of you. You are now PhD in Religion. I wish you the same in Yoga.

Then, you will be my real Yoga Sister. I mean I shall be your real Neelbhai.

yogagirl - 2007-07-16 11:12 AM

i understand that without religion one cannot survive in the society umm but though societies change ummm truth dosn't right
and also that the organize church will do wat ever it can to have more followers
yogagirl
Posted 2007-07-16 2:14 PM (#91565 - in reply to #91547)

yea i got a phd wohooo now yoga time yes siry

umm neelbhai??
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-07-16 2:49 PM (#91571 - in reply to #91565)

You know, I am liking your language. I wish I could learn it.

yogagirl - 2007-07-16 2:14 PM

yea i got a phd wohooo now yoga time yes siry

umm neelbhai??
yogagirl
Posted 2007-07-16 10:17 PM (#91609 - in reply to #91571)

UMM u can learn it silly
all you do is LOOK up teen slang lol
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-07-16 11:03 PM (#91615 - in reply to #91609)

Can I get private classes in this language? Gee. My 3 daughters did not use this special language in their teens. We are missing a lot, I mean Teeny Bit!

yogagirl - 2007-07-16 10:17 PM

UMM u can learn it silly
all you do is LOOK up teen slang lol
Cyndi
Posted 2007-07-17 8:57 AM (#91654 - in reply to #91615)

Expert Yogi

kulkarnn - 2007-07-16 11:03 PM Can I get private classes in this language? Gee. My 3 daughters did not use this special language in their teens. We are missing a lot, I mean Teeny Bit!
yogagirl - 2007-07-16 10:17 PM UMM u can learn it silly all you do is LOOK up teen slang lol

Oh my....NB you really should of come to NC.  Kris would of taught you all the lingo.

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)