YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Red patches on skin...
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Iyengar YogaMessage format

AnaLuiza
Posted 2007-07-06 4:15 PM (#90856)
Subject: Red patches on skin...

Hi all,
im new to the forum and to Yoga. I started practicing about a month ago, and everytime i make an inverted position i leave class with red patches on my face, specially under and above the eyes and on the forehead. They take around 2 weeks to fade. is this normal? they look awful sometimes...

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-07-06 11:11 PM (#90870 - in reply to #90856)
Subject: RE: Red patches on skin...

If you do such a position every single day and continue for 2 months, and there is NO pain coming at the place of the patch, then there is nothing to worry. I feel that patches in such a case probably would look quite beautiful like the cheeks of girls.

Or, you can also try reducing the time of stay in the pose. Please let us know whether this method worked.

AnaLuiza - 2007-07-06 4:15 PM

Hi all,
im new to the forum and to Yoga. I started practicing about a month ago, and everytime i make an inverted position i leave class with red patches on my face, specially under and above the eyes and on the forehead. They take around 2 weeks to fade. is this normal? they look awful sometimes...

Thanks!
AnaLuiza
Posted 2007-07-10 3:42 PM (#91101 - in reply to #90856)

Thanks for the reply!
I talked to my instructor and he said that maybe its the veins that break with the blood flow, or maybe i have something "hidden" inside and im purifying my body....Can it be? anyways...im not doing inverted positions for the time being because i have an event next week and have to look red patch free! But will be comming back to the positions and try to do them for a shorter time or cope with the patches and hope they go away with time and practice.... i will keep posting...
Thanks!
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-07-11 12:09 AM (#91136 - in reply to #91101)

Yes Ana, please continue your plan and let us know. It is not veins, they do not make you look red. And, nothing is hidden and purification is not making it red.

AnaLuiza - 2007-07-10 3:42 PM

Thanks for the reply!
I talked to my instructor and he said that maybe its the veins that break with the blood flow, or maybe i have something "hidden" inside and im purifying my body....Can it be? anyways...im not doing inverted positions for the time being because i have an event next week and have to look red patch free! But will be comming back to the positions and try to do them for a shorter time or cope with the patches and hope they go away with time and practice.... i will keep posting...
Thanks!
TampaEric
Posted 2007-07-11 2:29 PM (#91205 - in reply to #91101)

sounds like eczema to me...

Posted 2007-07-11 4:05 PM (#91218 - in reply to #91205)

Sounds like broken or dilated capillaries due to excess blood flowing to face and head. The capillary walls may get stronger with time or you should maybe do less extreme inversions.

Do you have very fair skin? Many people with fair skin have capillaries nearer the surface of their skin and they are often prone to breaking or excessive dilation.

You could also have rosacea which is being triggered by increased blood flow to the face. Rosacea usually affects the forehead and cheeks. It cannot be cured, but can be treated. Rosacea is thought to be caused by capillaries becoming damaged from being repeatedly dilated by stimuli. The damage will then cause the capillaries to dilate too easily and stay dilated for longer and longer periods of time or stay permanently dilated.
AnaLuiza
Posted 2007-07-11 4:34 PM (#91223 - in reply to #90856)

Well, i looked on the web and saw some pictures of rosacea...it doesnt look like what happens to me....actually, its winter in my country now and the skin in my forehead is always very sensitive, so maybe its a combination of broken veins and irritation due to cold weather....on the eyes there arent real patches, just some little purple dots, that look like small freckles...I have fair skin and dark hair and eyes, so its not as fair as blondes....I think i will continue to do the inverted positions for less time and see a dermatologist! I really dont want this to stop me from doing some positions....im loving yoga!
Thanks for the replies!

Posted 2007-07-11 5:35 PM (#91230 - in reply to #91223)

See a dermatologist, but don't stop doing yoga even if you need to modify or forgo a couple of poses.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)