YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I did something new last night
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Ashtanga YogaMessage format

TampaEric
Posted 2007-06-26 1:23 PM (#90162)
Subject: I did something new last night

I got into low lunge and was able to grab my toe (of the back foot) and bring it to my head. I've done this before but this was much deeper.

Then towards the end of class, I went into Lotus, urdhva Kukutasana, tripod headstand with lotus legs. I was able to lift my lotus legs from the tripod to headstand. Then he wanted me to twist into "parsva urdhva kukutasana" ??? I was able to put my knee on my arms, but I could not lift my head back up. It was wild!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2007-06-26 3:03 PM (#90175 - in reply to #90162)
Subject: RE: I did something new last n

kewl.
jonnie
Posted 2007-06-26 3:16 PM (#90178 - in reply to #90162)
Subject: RE: I did something new last night

This new teacher is working you pretty hard

Jonathon
TampaEric
Posted 2007-06-26 3:59 PM (#90181 - in reply to #90178)

Hey Jonnie,

Yes, he has everyone face him in a circle and when he sees that you can do more, he says "Eric you take foot" or he shows you how to do it. So, the people that aren't doing the advanced stuff usually watch the other students.

We were in parsarritta padottanasana and he wanted me to lift into a handstand. I said no jumping? So, I tried it. My feet did not lift up. I felt something pull in my solar plexis like a hernia! So, I just stopped and said, this is all I can do. He said, okay.

I ended up modifying a few of the arm balances (meaning, I did not actually do it)

It's such a shock too. I went from doing primary by myself to being around these very advanced yogis with everyone watching...

It's quite a crew...
There's like the handstand guy, the bendy girl, the buff women with fake breasts, the injured (with the ace bandages and wrist guards), the heavy guy who takes breaks, the pregnant girl (who was amazing), and me, the quiet guy with the loud breath.
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-06-26 8:46 PM (#90197 - in reply to #90162)

Great job Tampa.

TampaEric - 2007-06-26 1:23 PM

I got into low lunge and was able to grab my toe (of the back foot) and bring it to my head. I've done this before but this was much deeper.

Then towards the end of class, I went into Lotus, urdhva Kukutasana, tripod headstand with lotus legs. I was able to lift my lotus legs from the tripod to headstand. Then he wanted me to twist into "parsva urdhva kukutasana" ??? I was able to put my knee on my arms, but I could not lift my head back up. It was wild!

OrangeMat
Posted 2007-06-27 6:59 AM (#90212 - in reply to #90181)

TampaEric - 2007-06-26 3:59 PM It's quite a crew... There's like the handstand guy, the bendy girl, the buff women with fake breasts, the injured (with the ace bandages and wrist guards), the heavy guy who takes breaks, the pregnant girl (who was amazing), and me, the quiet guy with the loud breath.

Sounds like the cast for a great yoga sitcom (if there ever were such a thing).

Congrats on finally finding the right teacher for yourself. Isn't it amazing how they always find us when we're truly ready?

TampaEric
Posted 2007-06-27 8:50 AM (#90219 - in reply to #90212)

I hope I don't sound disrespectful. I'm just having a laugh at it all. (myself included).
They seem like really nice yogis. They all know each other and I'm the new guy. I just get there right before class starts and leave right when it ends. Lately my life is rush here, rush there. So, I haven't had a chance to sit and chat, drink tea and eat soup after class. Monday they were offerring gaspacho soup. (sp? Cold soup)

He is a really special teacher. I'm sort of on the fence between ashtanga yoga and this free-form vinyasa style. Right now I'm looking at it as a experiment. I'm still working on Primary on my off days. He says primary is too much forward bending... (but he used to practice it all the time...) I dont' know if I'm truly ready. He says I am.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)