YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

two questions
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

tubeseeker
Posted 2007-06-17 5:19 PM (#89632)
Subject: two questions

two quick questions, I got some minor puncture wounds on my hand from a dog bite. anything to put on it that is not putting a bunch of chemicals into myself? Also, I am on a surf trip and surfing most everyday, but will take a break for a few days to let the dog bite heal. What are good things for my skin when I am in the sun a lot, some things before and after? I am in costa rica so the location makes it hard to get some things, so the simplier the soluction the better. I think I heard coconut oil is good for the sun?
thanks
seeker
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-06-17 11:42 PM (#89649 - in reply to #89632)
Subject: RE: two questions

It is good that you are prepared to take a break for few days. Otherwise, the question will be Ridiculous.

The best healing during this break days will come from: Complete fasting with only pure water and taking rest whole day. If you can not do that, anything close to that will be better than nothing.

tubeseeker - 2007-06-17 5:19 PM

two quick questions, I got some minor puncture wounds on my hand from a dog bite. anything to put on it that is not putting a bunch of chemicals into myself? Also, I am on a surf trip and surfing most everyday, but will take a break for a few days to let the dog bite heal. What are good things for my skin when I am in the sun a lot, some things before and after? I am in costa rica so the location makes it hard to get some things, so the simplier the soluction the better. I think I heard coconut oil is good for the sun?
thanks
seeker
tourist
Posted 2007-06-18 9:53 AM (#89674 - in reply to #89649)

Expert Yogi

You are in the tropics and you have a puncture wound. Both are great reasons for infection to take place. If you start feeling like you have the 'flu or if the area becomes more and more red and inflamed, get yourself some of those chemicals and do it quickly. If it was a street dog you need to be extra cautious. Be careful so this doens't end up being your last surf trip ever....
tubeseeker
Posted 2007-06-18 11:13 AM (#89680 - in reply to #89632)

thanks for the responses
the dog is a friends and has all its shots, also the puncture wounds are not bad really, more like scrapes and cuts, just kind of wondering if there is anything natural to put on it. I also heard coconut oil is good before going out in the sun?
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-06-18 11:28 AM (#89684 - in reply to #89680)

Yes, if one has to go out in the Sun, then coconut oil is relatively good alternative, being close to nature product. But, unfortunately, any oil or cream closes the skin pores which are supposed to create cooling in the human being. For a short time, it is a worthwhile tradeoff. For a long time, it is a trade with loss.

tubeseeker - 2007-06-18 11:13 AM

thanks for the responses
the dog is a friends and has all its shots, also the puncture wounds are not bad really, more like scrapes and cuts, just kind of wondering if there is anything natural to put on it. I also heard coconut oil is good before going out in the sun?
tourist
Posted 2007-06-18 9:18 PM (#89704 - in reply to #89680)

Expert Yogi

TS - glad to hear the pup had it's shots so you don't have to get any! Nevertheless, the heat and humidity down there (I just spoke to someone who just returned...) plus the additional, unfamiliar-to-your-body bacteria can combine to make any little injury a breeding ground for infection. Use your common sense and keep a close eye on it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)