YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

mats, toes, and clothes
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Kym
Posted 2007-06-12 10:40 PM (#89314)
Subject: mats, toes, and clothes

I have had the strangest desire to match my toes to my color yoga mat. It started accidently when I got green toe nail polish for St Patty's day. It ended up being a greenish blue and my mat matched. I thought, "dang, my toes are cute" in downdog. Then, I got an orangeish/redish mat and got orange toes. Today, when I was heading out the door to teach, I had my orange mat, but then grabbed my blue one b/c I was wearing blue and brown! What is coming over me? Now I'm matching my mat to my clothes. And, I got this new catalog called "The Y Catalog" with Shiva Rea on the cover. There is an Eco Yoga Jute Mat in deep lavendar that I have my eye on. Probably b/c I just bought a tie-dye purple top from Athleta. What the heck is happening to me? I had the same mat for 5 years and had 2 outfits. Now, I'm buying up mats and clothes like hotcakes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
yoga-addict
Posted 2007-06-13 5:29 AM (#89324 - in reply to #89314)
Subject: RE: mats, toes, and clothes

Veteran

wellll.. I finally bought some pretty shakti wear and feel more inspired to really go into the poses and give it my all. why not look cute on the mat? I guess it's not good to over-consume, but if you use your mats and yoga clothes frequently, then why not make the experience special!
Kym
Posted 2007-06-13 11:18 AM (#89345 - in reply to #89314)

Funny you mention wearing them a lot-all I ever want to wear now is my yoga clothes. I'm starting to abhor zippers. ;)

Edited by Kym 2007-06-13 11:18 AM
yoga-addict
Posted 2007-06-13 1:23 PM (#89356 - in reply to #89314)

Veteran

I'm trying to think where else it would be appropriate to wear the shakti wear! the tops are good as halters, but not many occasions in my social agenda where I can get away with hotpants! but it seems a shame to only wear it to hot sweaty bikram. on the other hand (this is what i said to myself while buying it $$$) I do wear them a lot to yoga, so they are definitely being used. might try matching my toenail polish too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)