YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bhagavad Gita
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Philosophy and ReligionMessage format

mishoga
Posted 2007-06-05 9:05 AM (#88502)
Subject: Bhagavad Gita

Expert Yogi

The Yoga of the Devine and the Demonic:

1. The blessed Lord said: Arjuna, these are the qualities of one who will attain a divine state: fearlessness (abhaya); a pure thinking heart: staying on the yoga path of wisdom (no matter what happens); always giving generously (danam); control of the senses; a life of self-sacrifice (yajna); a desire to study scriptures; acceptance of austerities (tapas); starightforwardness;

2. Not causing pain to others (ahimsa); truthfulness (satyam); never angry; always peaceful (shanti); renunciation of the fruits of your actions (tyaga); never speaking falsely or maliciously of others; compassion for all beings; not coveting what others have; gentleness; modesty; never fickle;

3. Full of vigor; always forgiving; couragoues in adversity; pure of body and mind; no hatred toward anyone; and never puffed up with pride. these are the characteristics Arjuna, of a man or woman destined for a divine life.

This has been hautning me for over a week. I am drawn to read this passage several times a day. This.......and to breathe!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-06-05 9:34 AM (#88507 - in reply to #88502)
Subject: RE: Bhagavad Gita

Dear Mishy:
In today's world, all these properties are impossible to practice all at one time. In today's world, a Yoga student proceeds as much as possible, without ignoring the path of devotion, but regularly, and then the properties automatically appear in due course of time.

In the last chapter of the Bhagavadgita: the Lord says:

giving up all concepts of duties, surrender to me steadfastly, I shall rescue of all problems. Do not worry (Be happy )

mishoga - 2007-06-05 9:05 AM

The Yoga of the Devine and the Demonic:

1. The blessed Lord said: Arjuna, these are the qualities of one who will attain a divine state: fearlessness (abhaya); a pure thinking heart: staying on the yoga path of wisdom (no matter what happens); always giving generously (danam); control of the senses; a life of self-sacrifice (yajna); a desire to study scriptures; acceptance of austerities (tapas); starightforwardness;

2. Not causing pain to others (ahimsa); truthfulness (satyam); never angry; always peaceful (shanti); renunciation of the fruits of your actions (tyaga); never speaking falsely or maliciously of others; compassion for all beings; not coveting what others have; gentleness; modesty; never fickle;

3. Full of vigor; always forgiving; couragoues in adversity; pure of body and mind; no hatred toward anyone; and never puffed up with pride. these are the characteristics Arjuna, of a man or woman destined for a divine life.

This has been hautning me for over a week. I am drawn to read this passage several times a day. This.......and to breathe!
Kaos
Posted 2007-06-05 9:47 AM (#88510 - in reply to #88502)

To be rid of all mental constructs of Reality, is to penetrate all veils of illusion.

OM Shakti!

Kaos
Posted 2007-06-05 10:00 AM (#88511 - in reply to #88502)

This divine energy of Mine, consisting of the three modes of material nature, is difficult to overcome. But those who have surrendered unto Me can easily cross beyond it.
- Bhagavad Gita VII-14

Translated by His Divine Grace
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

Hare Krsna!

mishoga
Posted 2007-06-05 10:03 AM (#88512 - in reply to #88510)

Expert Yogi

Kaos - 2007-06-05 9:47 AM

To be rid of all mental constructs of Reality, is to penetrate all veils of illusion.

OM Shakti!

I can't even imagine that.
It would be like complete bliss yet unresponsive, feeling contentment in every sense.

Edited by mishoga 2007-06-05 10:04 AM
Kaos
Posted 2007-06-05 10:44 AM (#88518 - in reply to #88502)

It is understanding that the Divine, that transcends space and time, dwells within us as atman, the eternal Self.

The prison gates were never locked.

mishoga
Posted 2007-06-05 11:03 AM (#88522 - in reply to #88502)

Expert Yogi

I am learning to trust that eternal self more. It's a long path for me.
I'm going through an emotional detox right now.
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-06-05 11:18 AM (#88524 - in reply to #88511)

Thank you.

Kaos - 2007-06-05 10:00 AM

This divine energy of Mine, consisting of the three modes of material nature, is difficult to overcome. But those who have surrendered unto Me can easily cross beyond it.
- Bhagavad Gita VII-14

Translated by His Divine Grace
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

Hare Krsna!

souljourney108
Posted 2007-06-05 11:17 PM (#88603 - in reply to #88512)

mishoga - 2007-06-06 12:03 AM

It would be like complete bliss yet unresponsive, feeling contentment in every sense.

You just did! (Imagine it)...or maybe you know... It is only thought, the mind we are believing saying "I can't imagine That"...It is beyond imagination, beyond concepts, thoughts.... It is You!

Bliss to you ,
Soul

mishoga
Posted 2007-06-06 5:35 AM (#88620 - in reply to #88502)

Expert Yogi

Hey Soul, you are relatively new here, correct????
All your posts, I have read and I like what you convey through them. It is pleasant having you join this community. I'm grateful for your wisdom here.
Thank you for sharing!
Kaos
Posted 2007-06-06 9:02 AM (#88637 - in reply to #88512)

mishoga - 2007-06-05 10:03 AM

Kaos - 2007-06-05 9:47 AM

OM Shakti!

The external world is little more than illusion.
Even material nature around us is only a temporary manifestation of the energies of the Lord.

In the Bhagavad Gita it states:
Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and false ego--all together these eight comprise My separated material energies.

-( BG VII-5)
mishoga
Posted 2007-06-06 10:05 AM (#88645 - in reply to #88502)

Expert Yogi

Today

Some perceive the Self in the Self by the Self through Meditation; others by the discipline of Sankhya and still others by the action of yoga

tweeva
Posted 2007-06-06 11:20 AM (#88670 - in reply to #88645)

Veteran

Some others "stop the world"
Tw
Kaos
Posted 2007-06-06 2:09 PM (#88702 - in reply to #88502)

That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

- Mandukya Upanishad
mishoga
Posted 2007-06-07 8:02 AM (#88789 - in reply to #88502)

Expert Yogi

Perform your duty, for action is indeed better than non-action, and even the mere maintenance of your body could not be accomplished without action
Cyndi
Posted 2007-06-07 8:24 AM (#88790 - in reply to #88789)

Expert Yogi

Here's my morning reading today:

Pranavo dhanuh sharohyaatma brahma-tallakshyam uchyate. Apramattena vedhavyam sharavat tanmayo bhavet.

Translation:

Pranava or OM is the bow, the soul is the arrow, and Brahman or the Supreme Self is the target (that which must be pierced by the arrow).  This target must be sought with great vigilance.  Then, one merges in Brahman even as the arrow merges in its target.

Mundaka Upanishad 2/4

Further translation:

Om is the mystic Mantra, or the sound symbol of Brahman or the Supreme Self.  Stretching the bow implies meditating upon Om with devotion and insight.  Sharpening the arrow implies purifying one's heart by good actions and devotional meditation.  One must live a life of righteousness, ever intent upon attaining the goal of life, which is discovering one's essential identity as Brahman or the Absolute Self.

mishoga
Posted 2007-06-11 8:07 AM (#89161 - in reply to #88502)

Expert Yogi

6/11/07

"Content with whatever comes to him, transcending the dualities, free from envy, constant in mind whether in success or in failure, even though he acts, he is not bound"

Metta
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)