YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PMS for long years
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

jessyPhil
Posted 2007-05-02 4:25 AM (#84840)
Subject: PMS for long years

Hello everyone! I'm from the philippines and I am glad i've found this interesting website. I'm getting married soon but my PMS really made me irritated. It seems it's getting worst and worst every month. I'm afraid my fiancé will notice me for not always feeling well each time we go out, I'm afraid if he'll get discouraged for I don't like going out especially if I have my PMS. Really it bothers me a lot, it seems I always got headache everyday esp. 2 weeks before my period and the worst is, I always felt dizzy thus it hinders all the thins that I want to do. I've seek many doctors already yet none of them made me felt good and it seems I got worst. I even fainted 2 times this week and today I got my peiod. Yesterday I have a strong headache and I really got irritated. Even after my period still the same thing. It seems feeling bad doesn't end. My fiancé's parents were both yoga professors, since it will be my first time to meet them next month, I'm still afraid that they'll know that I am like this, what if they'll get discouraged too and they'll feel that I am sick. I don't want to be a burden to my family either that I knew that they're so bothered for my frequent dizziness and even fainting twice this week for the first time.

Pls help me what to do...

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Isola
Posted 2007-05-02 5:26 AM (#84841 - in reply to #84840)
Subject: RE: PMS for long years

Hi, and welcome.

What really makes me sad about your post is that I get the feeling that you think that there is something wrong with you, that your fiance or his parents will think that there is something wrong with you. Because there is nothing wrong with having PMS, it's natural allthough it really sucks. if your man would break off the engagement because of it, then I have to wonder if he really got all his horses in the pen if you know what I mean. And about his parents, if they are yogis they should not judge you or think less of you, it's not yogic to judge or to think that someone is worth more or less than someone else.

However, I do understand that you's want to get rid of it. Have you consulted a doctor about this? If not, do so. There are also some methods that can help; massage, acupuncture, maybe some kind of herbs or homeopathic medication that can relief your pain and your discomforts. And, of course, there's yoga. Try to find a yoga teacher that you feel that you can trust, explain your problem and then she/he can create a personal practice for you.

I hope that you get the help that you need, and again; there is nothing wrong with you.

Namaste.

/Jenny

Edited by Isola 2007-05-02 5:26 AM
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-05-02 10:45 AM (#84907 - in reply to #84840)

jessyPhil - 2007-05-02 4:25 AM

Hello everyone! I'm from the philippines and I am glad i've found this interesting website. I'm getting married soon but my PMS really made me irritated. It seems it's getting worst and worst every month. I'm afraid my fiancé will notice me for not always feeling well each time we go out, I'm afraid if he'll get discouraged for I don't like going out especially if I have my PMS. Really it bothers me a lot, it seems I always got headache everyday esp. 2 weeks before my period and the worst is, I always felt dizzy thus it hinders all the thins that I want to do. I've seek many doctors already yet none of them made me felt good and it seems I got worst. I even fainted 2 times this week and today I got my peiod. Yesterday I have a strong headache and I really got irritated. Even after my period still the same thing. It seems feeling bad doesn't end. My fiancé's parents were both yoga professors, since it will be my first time to meet them next month, I'm still afraid that they'll know that I am like this, what if they'll get discouraged too and they'll feel that I am sick. I don't want to be a burden to my family either that I knew that they're so bothered for my frequent dizziness and even fainting twice this week for the first time.

Pls help me what to do...

Thank God, you placed this post here. Yes, you are correct. You must do the following:

a) You must talk this issue with your Fiance completely first. Make him understand theory and practice behind this using not only your example, but possibly any live friends you have with this problem, and also books from the authorities. Then, give him some time to contemplate. He must feel completely satisfied with you before he confirms marriage with you.

b) You must then ask your fiance whether the opinion of his parents is very important to him. If yes, you must go to them and inform them and explain them the situation in the same way as above. Make them satisfied to go ahead with marriage.

c) If the above mentioned satisfaction does not come, you must either postpone the marriage or change your mind about this marriage.

d) Additionally, you must think NOT only of you as your post shows, you must think of other related parties, such as your husband (going to be) and people around. This is not to say that your problem is not genuine. But, this is to say that they also have genuine situation!!

e) If you are near Virginia, come and meet me. I worked with someone who has similar problem. I can not discuss on the net.

Best Luck.

Isola
Posted 2007-05-02 11:19 AM (#84920 - in reply to #84907)

Well said, Neel.
jessyPhil
Posted 2007-05-09 5:12 AM (#85646 - in reply to #84840)

thanks for all your replies. actually, since my fiancé's parents are coming this first week of June here in the Philippines, I already tried to discuss with them how I feel on/ before / after having my periods even thru emails. So kind of her mom, she sent me homeopathic granules to ease headaches and frequent tiredness and dizziness. She also told me about the asana of yoga : "viparita karani" to do one week before having periods. Hopefully when she arrives this coming June, I'm willing to learn how to pratice yoga for the sake of having good health and for my future kids.

I wish you all the best and I'm grateful for being in this site. God bless you all!
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-05-09 9:30 AM (#85677 - in reply to #85646)

jessyPhil - 2007-05-09 5:12 AM

thanks for all your replies. actually, since my fiancé's parents are coming this first week of June here in the Philippines, I already tried to discuss with them how I feel on/ before / after having my periods even thru emails. So kind of her mom, she sent me homeopathic granules to ease headaches and frequent tiredness and dizziness. She also told me about the asana of yoga : "viparita karani" to do one week before having periods. Hopefully when she arrives this coming June, I'm willing to learn how to pratice yoga for the sake of having good health and for my future kids.

I wish you all the best and I'm grateful for being in this site. God bless you all!

best luck to you as well. make sure you make all parties satsified including yourself before doing the wedding, I mean vipareeta karani
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)