YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Please advise me on classes
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> PilatesMessage format

savasana2
Posted 2007-04-22 2:49 PM (#83939)
Subject: Please advise me on classes

i received a gift of 3 privates and 3 group classes, which can either be used in an equipment class or mat class. i also have access to an additional promotional group class.

for those in the know, please advise me on how to use these in order to get a really good understanding of form and use of the apparatus when i've completed using the gift, so that i might know what to do next. eg. should i use all my privates on the apparatus? should i do a mat class before a private session etc?

Edited by savasana2 2007-04-22 2:50 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jeansyoga
Posted 2007-04-22 10:53 PM (#83957 - in reply to #83939)
Subject: RE: Please advise me on classes

What a nice gift! I am so jealous!

Traditionally, the apparatus should help you perform the movements and are thus slightly easier, depending on your ability and the types of exercises. Mat classes are actually a bit harder, plus when you're in a group setting rather than a private session, you won't get as much personal attention and you might not get as much benefit out of it.

That said, everyone is different! And, every Pilates studio is different as well. What I'd suggest is that you call the studio and ask if there is any way you could have a consultation with one of the teachers where you could discuss what is the best course of action for YOU and you alone. It is in their best interest for you to have a wonderful experience and keep coming back for more, so hopefully they will work with you on this! If a consultation is not possible, explain your situation to whoever you talk to, and they might be able to steer you in the right direction.

If all else fails, make your first session a private. The teacher can then observe your form and understand your lifestyle, and advise on how to make the best use of your other 5 sessions.

Whichever way you decide to go, I'm sure you're going to love it! Pilates is fun, interesting, and VERY effective!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)