YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Class size
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Posted 2007-04-18 1:19 PM (#83667 - in reply to #83651)
Subject: RE: Class size

I'll go to a larger class or workshop but not with a sketchy teacher.
In that size session the instructor must be soooooo focused and "on".

tourist - 2007-04-18 7:14 AM
Somewhere years ago I think I read that 8 - 15 people was the ideal group size for adult learning. Smaller than that and things get focused on individuals too much and larger, as you say, the tea is too weak We do obviously have reasons for larger classes. Just as we will attend an auditorium sized lecture by an especially wonderful speaker, knowing we won't be able to ask individual questions, we might have an extra large class with an especially wonderful teacher, knowing we will not likely get hands on instruction. I'm always glad when my "full" classes of 20 average about 15 in actual attendance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2007-04-18 6:50 PM (#83691 - in reply to #83667)

Expert Yogi

And/or have very good assistants. When Geeta was here (350 in a university gym), all the senior teachers were posted all around the room to assist. Yet she could look from the platform and see a student way in the back that needed help and direct the teachers to help there. It was amazing.
mishoga
Posted 2007-04-19 7:41 AM (#83716 - in reply to #83005)

Expert Yogi

Gordon, how many assistants does Aadil travel with? Just curious?????
Do you travel with him always???
SiriusSpirit
Posted 2007-04-29 10:44 AM (#84547 - in reply to #83005)

It's really interesting to come back here and read the responses. I truly appreciate the comments. I think one thing was my energy, no matter what anyone says. My classes as of late have been playful and fun, and the energy has been wonderful (as my energy has lifted), and I'm seeing new faces. But then I learned something that made me laugh: Someone told me she approached the front desk at the gym about yoga classes offered there. She said the schedule they had was missing one of my classes! When she asked about it, the front desk people didn't know anything about it! Is this a lesson in ego or what? I was at times really getting into the blaming myself thing about the lack of students in the one class in particular....Heck! No one knew about it! (And I made it about me)

I myself love smaller classes. I don't like more than 10. But when I get down to 0 - 4 I start growing pretty concerned.

Again, I appreciate everyone's comments on this thread.
tourist
Posted 2007-04-29 10:52 AM (#84550 - in reply to #84547)

Expert Yogi

SiriusSpirit - 2007-04-29 7:44 AM
Someone told me she approached the front desk at the gym about yoga classes offered there. She said the schedule they had was missing one of my classes! When she asked about it, the front desk people didn't know anything about it! Is this a lesson in ego or what? I was at times really getting into the blaming myself thing about the lack of students in the one class in particular....Heck! No one knew about it! (And I made it about me)

SS - Well, wasn't that a great big pie-in-the-face lesson for you? So good that you were able to laugh about it
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)