YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kundalini Yoga first experienc
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

Refrusloi
Posted 2007-04-10 11:24 AM (#82914)
Subject: Kundalini Yoga first experienc

I wrote this a week ago elsewhere, but didnt get much info. I would like yalls thoughts on this since this is specifically a kundalini yoga forum.:
"
I did some Kundalini Yoga last night for the first time. Here is what I had written about it. Let me know yalls thoughts:

HOLY ****!

I just did 10 minutes of Kundalini Yoga and had to stop cuz I wasnt sure if something bad was gonna happen, it was that intense.. ON THE FIRST TIME!

I was watching the video Introduction to Kundalini Yoga by Mantra Girl.

Man that was INTENSE! First couple minutes was like "I hope i feel atleast a tingling" Then I felt the tingling. Then it got stronger and turned into a RUMBLING sensation. Then It felt like my hands were getting STUCK. Like I couldnt move the fingers and at this point I decided to stop because I was afraid I would be STUCK and unable to move. So it took a few minutes for it to calm down, at this point i tried closing my hands and they kept wanting to SHOOT OPEN. A few minutes later i was able to start typing and I could feel energy radiating off my ringertips onto the keyboard.
The most ive ever felt from mediations is the tingling, but this was WAY more than that.

Has anyone done Kundalini Yoga? Are there any dangers? Could you explain what I experienced? Have you experienced anything similar?
"

Edited by Refrusloi 2007-04-10 11:24 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-04-10 11:50 AM (#82919 - in reply to #82914)
Subject: RE: Kundalini Yoga first experienc

Refrusloi - 2007-04-10 11:24 AM

I wrote this a week ago elsewhere, but didnt get much info. I would like yalls thoughts on this since this is specifically a kundalini yoga forum.:
"
I did some Kundalini Yoga last night for the first time. Here is what I had written about it. Let me know yalls thoughts:

HOLY ****!

I just did 10 minutes of Kundalini Yoga and had to stop cuz I wasnt sure if something bad was gonna happen, it was that intense.. ON THE FIRST TIME!

Man that was INTENSE! First couple minutes was like "I hope i feel atleast a tingling" Then I felt the tingling. Then it got stronger and turned into a RUMBLING sensation. Then It felt like my hands were getting STUCK. Like I couldnt move the fingers and at this point I decided to stop because I was afraid I would be STUCK and unable to move. So it took a few minutes for it to calm down, at this point i tried closing my hands and they kept wanting to SHOOT OPEN. A few minutes later i was able to start typing and I could feel energy radiating off my ringertips onto the keyboard.
The most ive ever felt from mediations is the tingling, but this was WAY more than that.

Has anyone done Kundalini Yoga? Are there any dangers? Could you explain what I experienced? Have you experienced anything similar?
"

Danger for You is doing it from Video, and not from instruction with Teacher.
Refrusloi
Posted 2007-04-10 1:43 PM (#82929 - in reply to #82919)

I dont know where I would find a teacher in South Carolina though..??
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-04-10 2:11 PM (#82933 - in reply to #82929)

Refrusloi - 2007-04-10 1:43 PM

I dont know where I would find a teacher in South Carolina though..??

Send me tickets and I shall come there.
OrangeMat
Posted 2007-04-10 4:47 PM (#82937 - in reply to #82929)

Go to http://www.3ho.org/ and click the link on the left for Teachers' Directory, maybe you'll find someone close to where you live. Or go see Neel. I would if I were geographically close enough!

But by all means, find a teacher to work with. Kundalini can be really dangerous stuff. Good luck.

Edited by OrangeMat 2007-04-10 4:49 PM
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-04-10 5:33 PM (#82947 - in reply to #82914)

In other words:

" For those who want Kundalini to be raised up, they should first learn how to lower Kundanlini Down. That means do not enter the dark room without torch in hand."

bipinjoshi
Posted 2007-04-10 11:30 PM (#82978 - in reply to #82914)
Subject: RE: Kundalini Yoga first exper

Refrusloi - 2007-04-10 10:24 AM

"

HOLY ****!

"

>> Has anyone done Kundalini Yoga?

Yes. I am practicing for the last 12 years. Recently my book on the same subject got published.

>> Are there any dangers?

If you jump into a river without learning to swim that is dangerous. If you jump in a river after learning to swim you enjoy the experience. It is the same thing with Kundalini Yoga. It can be dangerous if you don't learn and practice it properly. From my experience of 12 years I can confirm that if you practice it correctly it can give you wonderful results.

>> Could you explain what I experienced?

It is rare that one gets his/her Kundalini activited just during a practice of 10 minutes. There are cases when people felt tingling sensation just after reading about it in books. It is recommented to seek a KY teacher if you can't figure out yourself. It is common belief that tingling sensation is indication of Kundalini awakening. Though it is one of the symptoms of awakening more commonly this indicates purification of Prana than Kyndalini flow itself. People feel that awakening Kundalini is the final destination. This is a not true. In fact awakening of Kundalini is just a beginning. The real treasure is afterwards.

>> Have you experienced anything similar?

No comments. I never share my experiences of awakening with others. Sorry about that.

Edited by bipinjoshi 2007-04-10 11:36 PM
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-04-11 9:14 AM (#83007 - in reply to #82914)

Sorry, I missed one more thing. I do recommend Bipinji's book. It is small, concise, and NO humbug.

Refrusloi
Posted 2007-04-12 11:18 AM (#83126 - in reply to #82914)

this is the closest I found:
Susan Pannier-Cass Mt Pleasant 843-971-5154 spcrossi@aol.com

Anyone know anything about her?It says she has Teaching Specialties
KRI Certified Kundalini Yoga Teacher
How do you know if they are a good teacher or not??

Edited by Refrusloi 2007-04-12 11:19 AM
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-04-13 12:31 AM (#83214 - in reply to #82914)

That is a very good question. How to know good teacher:

a) First you have to be a good student to find a good teacher. Good student means: you must know what you want out of Yoga. And, you must have time/persistence/etc. to do what it takes to obtain that.

b) Then, you must verify that the teacher you want to choose can actually give you what you want. If they can not you should not waste your time and their time.

c) If you find the teacher whom you believe to give what you want, you must obey that teacher. If you can not obey, then do not go them.

d) After obeying, the teacher should tell you certain results to come in certain time. If they do not come, leave the teacher. If you do not do the practice, do not ask any question.

ETC.
cerise
Posted 2007-04-27 10:48 AM (#84374 - in reply to #82914)

http://www.yogatech.com/bios/guruprem.html
http://www.spiritvoyage.com/shopping/detail.cfm?sku=BKS-009062
a particularly insightful teacher. And this is not an advertisement. Best wishes.
jonnie
Posted 2007-04-27 1:22 PM (#84409 - in reply to #82914)

Hi Cerise,

I thought you were coming back to Dubai soon?

Yella, we're all waiting for you
jonnie
Posted 2007-04-27 1:29 PM (#84410 - in reply to #84374)

cerise - 2007-04-28 6:48 PM

a particularly insightful teacher. And this is not an advertisement. Best wishes.

I'm always curious when Western ladies (like in the above thread) who convert to Sikkism or teach Kundalini Yoga start to wear a Turban.
jonnie
Posted 2007-04-27 1:39 PM (#84413 - in reply to #84410)

jonnie - 2007-04-28 9:29 PM

cerise - 2007-04-28 6:48 PM

I'm always curious when Western ladies (like in the above thread) who convert to Sikkism or teach Kundalini Yoga start to wear a Turban.

Just to clarify my above observation. I am refering to Guru Rattana and not you Cerise.

Jonathon
tourist
Posted 2007-04-27 7:18 PM (#84449 - in reply to #84413)

Expert Yogi

Me too. I had no idea Sikh women ever wore the turban. We had a large Sikh population where I grew up and I always though the men looked very distinguished in their turbans. A lot of them were also intensely good looking, as I recall.
jonnie
Posted 2007-04-28 12:55 AM (#84473 - in reply to #82914)

Hi Tourist,

Yes, that's my point. In the Sikh religion, all men must wear turbans as a religious obligation, but the women, never.

In Dubai (which has a very larger Indian population) I have a good Sikh friend from Beas, who ever since I've known him has had a shaved head.

When I asked him why he never wears a turban, he told me laughingly that if God was worried about the length of his hair, then he was following the wrong God
tourist
Posted 2007-04-28 10:00 AM (#84500 - in reply to #84473)

Expert Yogi

I like that, jonnie! While some cultural/religious practices are really health related - taking shoes off indoors, for example - I think that many outward practices, from turbans to Om tattoos are reminders to ourselves to keep the Divine in our hearts and minds. God is much more of a big picture guy
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-04-28 11:57 PM (#84521 - in reply to #84449)

tourist - 2007-04-27 7:18 PM

Me too. I had no idea Sikh women ever wore the turban. We had a large Sikh population where I grew up and I always though the men looked very distinguished in their turbans. A lot of them were also intensely good looking, as I recall.

yes Dear Tourist, Sikh women can be stunningly beautiful.

No Dear Tourist: Sometimes, Sikh women actually wear Turban in Punjab. That number is very low. And, those who wear turban look less beautiful than those who wear the scarf.

I have personally no problems with men or women wearing a turban. But they must clearly state that they are wearing it because they are Sikh, and should not confuse that with Yoga, or Kundalini Yoga, or whatever Yoga.
tourist
Posted 2007-04-29 10:32 AM (#84546 - in reply to #84521)

Expert Yogi

Neel - would a woman wearing a turban be a choice by that woman that she has made for herself or would it be a result of taking certain vows or being initiated into some particular order? I suppose if it is unusual to see int Punjab, it is not surprising that we find the image of a woman, especially a western woman, a bit odd.
kulkarnn
Posted 2007-04-29 11:23 AM (#84556 - in reply to #84546)

tourist - 2007-04-29 10:32 AM

Neel - would a woman wearing a turban be a choice by that woman that she has made for herself or would it be a result of taking certain vows or being initiated into some particular order? I suppose if it is unusual to see int Punjab, it is not surprising that we find the image of a woman, especially a western woman, a bit odd.

Good question SisTourist: In Punjab, a woman rarely wears turban, she will generally wear a beautiful scarf. When she wears turban, it is not a part of any vow, it is due to a family tradition she will be married into. Even then, she has a choice of scarf and no turban.

In West, however, Turban wearing is by that ladies choice, but additionally to symbolize the Kundalini Yoga connection or even I may say vows, whereas it is connection with Sikhism.
tourist
Posted 2007-04-29 11:58 AM (#84561 - in reply to #84556)

Expert Yogi

Thanks Neel
cerise
Posted 2007-05-03 4:39 AM (#85014 - in reply to #84413)

Hi Jonnie,

I understood, no turban on my head ! Yes, Dubai, but not yet, I did not fly back in March as planned. If you know a prayer that make people who love the UAE fly back to Dubai, please, use it .

My father got ill and I need to be here for the moment.

As far as turban, shawls etc., the other posts comment it all. To me, a Sikh turban on a Westerner does not look so appealing, on Sikhs it really does, I think. On a lady, it looks a bit odd but why not if it makes her happy. I never associated kundalini yoga which is yoga with thewhite hats and white clothes. The idea is just to learn something, it is true that with kundlaini yoga, the teacher is often in white ... white like the beautiful dish-dashas

Through your posts, I understood that you are awaiting a happy event soon. Best wishes to all the family.

See you soon, InshAllah
jonnie
Posted 2007-05-03 7:36 AM (#85024 - in reply to #85014)

Hi Cerise

I'm sorry to hear about your father, I hope he'll be ok.

Yes, Nisrine will be giving birth in a couple of weeks from now....

Jonathon
Bob
Posted 2007-05-05 5:49 PM (#85288 - in reply to #82914)

I hope that I had bit experience with something like Kundalini many years ago. After long practice of intensive pranayama, I began to feel warming and orgasmic feelings in the bottom of the spinal cord. If I elevated this feeling inside the spinal cord to the brain, orgasm increased, the body began to shake and cave in back. Orgasm spilled in the brain and mindless was easily maintained. Unfortunately, my body was not ready for this practice. Because the spinal cord was very excited (connection between Mooladhara and Sahasrara), I got problems with the stomach and stopped it. Currently, I can easily recover this condition but avoid to do it.

Edited by Bob 2007-05-05 6:11 PM
Bob
Posted 2007-05-05 6:21 PM (#85289 - in reply to #82914)

Frankly, I sometimes used spreading this feeling inside the bones to energize muscles and get light body in Tai Chi and Hing Yi. Tai Chi has similar practice, condensing breathing into bones and whole skeleton. It may give similar results.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)