YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where do these people live
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Rodenyogi
Posted 2007-03-10 10:37 PM (#79842)
Subject: Where do these people live

Where do people live that they are paying $150 USD per hour??? Sounds like I need to relocate!
I usually charge $25 per person, or $35 for a couple. The studio I use is a 45 second walk across the library courtyard so its not too bad. I guess that's what being in service to people means though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
joscmt
Posted 2007-03-11 10:02 AM (#79857 - in reply to #79842)
Subject: RE: Where do these people live

Where'd you see $150/hr?
I've never seen that and I live in a metro area..
SCThornley
Posted 2007-03-11 10:57 AM (#79860 - in reply to #79842)

Not that I'm a yoga instructor [because I'm not], but sometimes in what I do [think specialty science analysis, real niche], my services run $350 to $500 an hour.

So, considering that some folks can really make a difference with what they do and how they do it, you can easily consider $150 in an hour reasonable.

I paid $60 an hour for some private lessons with a teacher and have benefited greatly from what she taught me.

I wouldn't get hung up on the money though.

If money is what you're after though, write down how much would be satisfying for you and tape it to the ceiling so that you see it every time you lay down and wake up.

kulkarnn
Posted 2007-03-11 7:17 PM (#79876 - in reply to #79842)

Gee!!!

Now, the original question is reversed and the answer to that is known.

Where are the people who can pay 150 per hour. All needy Yoga Teachers, go to Broter SCT. 1, 2, 3,...go.

I am not going. He has to come here. He is my brother.
dmbones
Posted 2007-03-12 2:46 AM (#79892 - in reply to #79876)

Greetings B.Neel,

I will come to you as I also consider you my brother. Forgive me for saying that I am pleased to report that income for teaching the healing path is improving in America. This failing corporate paradigm that helps stockholders and not people is not surviving. Big Pharma is struggling in the face of massive iotragenic problems. What aging boomers want is quality of life. If that is their goal, they must not get old without mindfulness. More and more everyday are taking health into their own hands, looking for a connection that has a handle they can grasp. Even the insurers are beginning to pay for these services as they are marketable and lower costs by preventing disease and increasing well being. My public class is $15/hour; the YT class on referral is paying at nearly 10 times that amount/hour/rehab patient. Amazingly, even at these incredible rates, that's less than half the amount paid to rehab centers. I have letters from insurance claims agents (the ones who authorize all payments) stating how pleased they are that someone is finally teaching yoga. It has been a blessing which I am happy to report, although I see that it is not sustainable. The larger point is that many people are turning toward maximizing their own self-healing and will find those who are looking for them. Relief from chronic pain is the most common entre, as pharmacetical relief gets too dangerous. Traveling the healing path for oneself, studying the Books, and being a source of well being to others is the best preparation.

Michael
SCThornley
Posted 2007-03-12 12:06 PM (#79907 - in reply to #79876)

kulkarnn - 2007-03-11 7:17 PM

Gee!!!

Now, the original question is reversed and the answer to that is known.

Where are the people who can pay 150 per hour. All needy Yoga Teachers, go to Broter SCT. 1, 2, 3,...go.

I am not going. He has to come here. He is my brother.

LOL!!

My Yoga practice tends to be a very private one

Rodenyogi
Posted 2007-03-15 4:44 PM (#80146 - in reply to #79857)

joscmt - 2007-03-11 9:02 AM

Where'd you see $150/hr?
I've never seen that and I live in a metro area..

It was a different thread, sorry. They were talking about paying 150 USD for yoga lessons, and my being a teacher, I was very interested in where they were.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)