YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Have you ever had to throw
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Posted 2007-03-02 11:46 AM (#79060 - in reply to #79057)
Subject: RE: Have you ever had to throw

I have no problem with people leaving when they want. They're paying me and if they need/want to leave, do so as long as the departure is respectful of the other clients/students.
If I detect that they're hurt/sick/tired/depressed/bored, I try to alliviate that of course. If the person is a spoiled prince or princess coming/going willy-nilly, I'll not waste my time on 'em.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ollie
Posted 2007-03-02 12:23 PM (#79064 - in reply to #78240)

This semester I have an early class, so I told my teacher that I'd be leaving my Thursday class 10 minutes early; she said "no problem".

I have seen some people leave early because they hurt their back, pulled something, or thought that they could work through a preexisting minor injury but couldn't.

Once, I almost left early because I was frusterated that I couldn't blance worth a *(&^% in Warrior III , but decided to take a breath and finish the class.

GreenJello
Posted 2007-03-02 3:39 PM (#79078 - in reply to #78240)

I had to leave a class once. For some reason I darned near passed out. Not really sure why, it wasn't a hard class, or anything new, and the room wasn't particular hot. For some reason I just felt overwelmingly hot, and couldn't take it any more. I got up, and walked to the entrance, and got some water. Instructor came out, and spoke to me about it, but it was pretty much a non-issue.

Posted 2007-03-03 9:29 AM (#79115 - in reply to #78240)

i have had students leave class. it's no big deal as long as they do so quietly.

i've had to do it twice: once because i was getting sick while in class (nausea) and thus left, and the second time because i had an appointment and i want to get to class (to support the teacher) and yet get to the appointment. i told her before class that i would be leaving and picked a spot close to the door.

so, that was that. for me, it's no big deal. i've subbed classes and when the students see that i'm the teacher and not the teacher that they've expected, i've had a mass exodus. it was pretty funny. but people get used to their patterns. they like "that" teacher--they didn't know me at all most of them--and when "that" teacher didn't show, they left. what's ironic is that those who stayed told the other students that i was "good" and the next time, more students stayed, though lots left.

personally, it's no big deal to me.
diyyogini
Posted 2007-03-03 2:15 PM (#79131 - in reply to #78240)

Just once. A woman came with her three-year-old son and expected me to watch him while she practiced her yoga. I said it would be okay if he sat quietly and that she would be responsible for keeping her eye on him. It was my fault for being too easy-going about this in the first place. She brought nothing for him to play with and everything time he ran around she pretty much ignored him. After about 20 minutes I had to ask them to leave because instead of instructing I was spending most of the time watching the kid. There was a big scene as she left. She was pissed, but oh well, in no way shape or form did I advertise any day care services.

Oh, and of course, she said that her friend was coming with the cash to pay for class and I said it would be okay and that she could pay for the class at the end. Of course, her "friend" never showed up.

I have had parents bring their kids before (as young as 7) and because the parents were prepared it was fine. However, after that incident I made a public rule that no children under age 10 were allowed.

Luckily though, that's been the only horror story I have had so far, and the woman never came back.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)