YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The multicare Dr.s appointment
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

sideshow
Posted 2007-01-27 11:37 AM (#75421)
Subject: The multicare Dr.s appointment

So I woke up feeling like a total crud. sore back sore throat sore legs....burning eyes generally just like poop.....chills you know...well we all should know.

so i call the doctors, i decided to go to this "multicare physicians" thing, that offers chiropractic, and medical, and pt etc...

so I go to my appointment. they look me over gimme x rays, etc. Apparently I have a pretty bad issue, a fiberoptic muscle damage. about four layers down in my muscle tissues on my left side. so Im gonna start the Graston treatment, cuz i guess in order to get at the scar tissue, and fibroptic (sp) muscle damage, its either that or surgery.

so this graston treatment seems like some crazy deep muscle tissue work perhaps like the hellerwork or rofling? I dunno, but they told me after my first treatment my shoulder is gonna horribly bruised up.

anyone know much about this?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sideshow
Posted 2007-01-27 12:17 PM (#75426 - in reply to #75421)
Subject: RE: The multicare Dr.s appoint

oops, sorry, i see this got moved...my bad.
*Fifi*
Posted 2007-01-27 2:04 PM (#75434 - in reply to #75421)
Subject: RE: The multicare Dr.s appointment

hi Sideshow,

I don't exactly understand your post. But, I can tell you I've been receiving active release therapy from a chiro in the US and it's working great. I haven't heard of the Graston technique but I have a feeling these modalities are similar. I've also had Hellerwork which was not painful at all. The active release is more "uncomfortable". I like any therapy that gets into the muscle and breaks up the scar tissue.

Hope your shoulder gets better soon. fifi
sideshow
Posted 2007-01-27 2:26 PM (#75436 - in reply to #75421)

i think thats what i was looking for...

from what i was told the graston technique uses dull blade things ran across the skin....or something...

www.graston.com

i just wanted to maybe make sure this wasnt quakery!

ya know?
Nick
Posted 2007-01-29 8:47 AM (#75615 - in reply to #75436)

Hi there,
I get the impression you could do the same thing with a rolling pin

Nick
tourist
Posted 2007-01-29 10:54 AM (#75646 - in reply to #75615)

Expert Yogi

First of all, sideshow - pretty cool that you can have a multi-disciplinary approach to wellness and cool that they can help out with your shoulder. What did they say about you feeling sick though? Did you have a cold, 'flu, what? How did they end up looking at your shoulder - although we know it has been an ongoing problem for you - just wondering how it went in that direction.

The graston instruments look very impressive, though to me, a bit scary. I would prefer anyone working on my body to be able to feel with their hands what was happening to the tissues they are working on. It would also be nice if there was more info available on the technique and if you were able to talk to people who had taken treatments (other than those who practice the technique) so you had something to make a decision with. Anyway, come back and give us a report!
sideshow
Posted 2007-01-31 12:44 PM (#75879 - in reply to #75421)

well, i start the graston treatments on monday, so we shall see what happens, one problem, even with insurance, this may end up being to pricey to continue with.....but im going to see what they can do for payment arrangements.

so, I was in there for an adjustment, and was talking to the chiropractor about the graston and if its like rolfing or hellerwork, he said it is actually the next step up from rolfing, and that they used to do rolfing there, but moved to graston as apparently graston is replacing rolfing. ... well thats what this guy is saying....

cool....

ill keep ya all posted..
sideshow
Posted 2007-01-31 12:47 PM (#75881 - in reply to #75421)

actually....i forgot, this place isnt like a "family doctor" they only do muscular, skeletal stuff, i was kinda on my own for my cold, but i nailed that within a day of the visit.

they took x rays, turns out my shoulders "ball" is lifted above the socket, and apparently wont start to slip back down till the muscles get relaxed. ....

im pretty much all cured up, cold/flu ( whatever ) wise. But i decided to do the dayquil, nyquil, Emergen C and the Oscillisicium ( sp ) stuff...

yeah, one day of pumping myself full of stuff...yup. fixed that cold right up...

Posted 2007-02-15 3:19 AM (#77618 - in reply to #75421)

Confessions of a Medical Heretic by Dr. Robert Mendelsohn
sideshow
Posted 2007-02-17 3:07 PM (#77945 - in reply to #75421)

huh?
briankn58
Posted 2008-05-13 11:32 AM (#107302 - in reply to #75421)

Hi, I am a chiropractor who uses both Graston and Active Release. If you have deep tissue issues either therapy will work well. I have found that Active release is better on trigger points and spasms and Graston/s results are more visible with tendon and muscle damage. I don't know why the DC's took xrays, thats kind of "old school" and not very valuable for what you needed. Be careful, graston is only indicated for up to usually 8 treatments, don't let them sell you a "package".
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)