YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Benifits/Types of Massage
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Massage -> General MassageMessage format

bigolhands
Posted 2007-01-20 4:53 PM (#74799)
Subject: The Benifits/Types of Massage

It can truthfully be said " if you have a body, you can benefit from therapeutic massage". Massage helps relieve the stress and tension of everyday living and has proven beneficial to many chronic conditions such as low back pain, Arthritis, and can soothe sore aching muscles caused by physical activities.

Massage can be an important adjunct to a fitness or sports program, helping you achieve your performance goals with minimum injury and pain.

Benefits of massage include:

* Relieves tired and sore muscles
* Relaxes tight muscles
* Improves tissue elasticity and joint flexibility
* Improves posture and reduce blood pressure
* Improves blood and lymph circulation
* Improves immune system functioning

Massage also promotes better sleep, improved concentration, reduced anxiety and creates an overall sense of well-being.

Which approach is best for There are several popular approaches or styles of therapeutic massage and each one has its own unique character and techniques:

Swedish Massage consists of familiar long strokes. Effleurage, kneading, vibration, friction and percussion techniques. It can be applied effectively for general relaxation.

Medical Massage using basic Swedish Massage techniques geared for the treatment of specific medical conditions of most major physiological systems, such as skeletal, nervous, circulatory, digestive and muscular a well as a powerful rehabilitative procedure.Aliment for the neck, shoulder, low back, migraines and muscle / tendon sprains.

Lymphatic Massage is used primarily to remove toxin from the body by gently stimulatiing the lymphatic system. It is a form of medical massage to enhance the immune system by removing water and excess protein from cells. The feather light strokes are excellent for allergies, colds, and water retention.

Sports Massage Involves less intense pressure and much more stretching to help athletes obtain maximum performance and physical conditioning by improving power, endurance and mobility while relieving muscular spasms and fatigue related injuries.

Deep Tissue Massage means working deeply into muscles and connective issue called Fascia to release chronic aches and adhesions.

Onsite Chair Massage A specially designed chair makes seated massage comfortable and readily available. Massage Therapist can carry this portable, lightweight table to offices, convention sites, hotels and practically any place a clothed, short, invigorating massage is requested. These 5-20 minute massage leave clients feeling revitalized, relaxed and alert.

Role of the Fascial System in Functional Movements: Personal fitness trainers may often experience their clients aren't making the progress expected regardless of their diligent training protocols. Fascial restriction can lead to muscle imbalances, less flexibility, nelrve compression, and highly energy consuming movements and posture by pulling the body out of alignment.

Myofascial release techniques are a mild and gentle hands on form of stretching that evaluates and treats the fascial system. There are no creams or oils used while performing these techniques. The techniques supplement training to increase range of motion, restore the normal quality of motion, and the body's ability to absorb shock. Trainers should strengthening muscles in all 3D planes for increase pain free movements.

Remember this equation Massage + Training = Longevity

After all, It's your money, your time, your body!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
teri
Posted 2007-02-02 5:18 PM (#76184 - in reply to #74799)
Subject: RE: The Benifits/Types of Mass

thanks for the information, it is really helpful...

i haven't had a REAL massage et, just the occasional back rubs. so i'm wondering which type would best fit me..i'm a bit skinny (when i bend my elbows, they're kinda pointy....) and have a bit of a heart problem....

i also have been aching to have a full body massage, my friends really wants to have it and wants me to come along....perhaps you guys could help me.....

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)