YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Friendship Continues
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Iyengar YogaMessage format

judamom
Posted 2007-01-09 11:08 AM (#73385 - in reply to #73365)
Subject: the friendship continues.....

Not to distract from your message Shelly. I read it carefully and enjoy your sharing so much. I tried to get onto Yahoo all morning and could not but I could come here so the Universe says Here It Is! I received your pictures yesterday!! I love them......have them posted right next to the computer. The surroundings are exactly as I had pictured them in my mind from your descriptions, wooded area with lots of trees. As you said the picture of your daughters reflect not only their personalities but their love for/of one anothers......sisters are a neat friendship sometimes. The picture of you sitting on the floor with beautiful quilt projects all around on your wonderful hardwood floors and colorful walls is great! I can easily picture you in your yoga postures. You look very healthy and almost shining. Thank-you so much. Your hand made stationary is also beautiful and it must have taken much time.....I see a meditation in the entire work! Lots of thoughts went through your mind as you created it. Thank-You again!! Ystan, I cannot seem to communicate with you via email but am very interested in some of the learnings of your recent hospital stay. Please share what you will, I love to learn from others, especially such intense lessons......how is it connected with your healing of your beloved's death. Zzzulu, off in Canada! Yow, a world traveler who touches in with us when she can........ TSSundaram, with his granddaughter Sheha as his secretary passing on to us that he is resting and has one more examination for follow up. It will be so good to have him relate in person his well being. Must run, have a book going on in my head that I must get an outline for. Reincarnational information that I received on friends....be it fact or be it mind game entertainment it seems like a fun project while it is cold outside. Shelly, sorry your environment is acting out of normal this year. Planet Earth could be trying to tell us something or simply carrying on as she has for millions of years. It does appear to be somewhat adjustable with major consideration from Humans. It certainly would not hurt to respect Mother Earth more than we do in our craziness to evolve quickly. As with World Peace it certainly starts with each individual. The book awaits. Namaste Judamom
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ystan
Posted 2007-01-09 11:44 AM (#73392 - in reply to #73385)
Subject: RE: the friendship continues.....

Dear Judamom, thank you for acceding to my unreasonable request, and return to the forum, I’m indebted. Let’s wait for Zzzulu’s return, and TSSundaram’s recovery, when he regains his sights, he can provide good directions. Sure I’m keen to share my learning experience, but perhaps at a later time? Thank you! Namaste
tourist
Posted 2007-01-10 10:40 AM (#73562 - in reply to #73392)
Subject: RE: the friendship continues.....

Expert Yogi

Shelly - that is a wonderful story and has great lessons to teach all of us. I understand your feelings about the weather. BC was battered with storms again and our incredible parks are suffering. And unlike you, we are used to warm waether in the winter and yet here I sit with snow on the deck once again Please start a new thread in OT (Everything Else) so we can hear more
ellen
Posted 2007-01-10 3:04 PM (#73605 - in reply to #73562)
Subject: RE: the friendship continues..

Hello everyone! I have peekd in here three times or so, it seemed so nice... I don't get what's happening with the, uh, being told you shouldn't have your thread in this spot? Maybe that communication to your group is not in the thread? If it isn't in the thread, maybe someone would explain it to me. If it is in the thread, just let me know and I will read closer. This is important to me because I want the forum, as much as I am able to effect it, to be a welcoming place for gentlenss, and if your posts are anything in this thread, they are gentle!

Really, don't go away if you don't have to. If the gentle go away, there is no place to rest.

xoxellen
ystan
Posted 2007-01-10 4:13 PM (#73614 - in reply to #73605)

Hi Ellen, thanks for interest and support. Here is some pointers on our postings. We started in Ivengar Yoga Forum,

"Hi" thread on 2006/06/12 #55544, 286 postings

"Zzzuluwarrior & Friends" on 2006/08/26 #62876, 337 postings

"Continue the Journey" on 2006/11/08 #68990, 165 postings

"Friendship Continues.." on 2006/12/27 #72290, 50+ postings 

We posted >800 gentle(as you referred us) messages in the 6 months in Yoga.com

Kindly refer to thread "Re: Ivengar Forum Needed?" on 2007/01/02 #72682 to locate the differences in opinion, on whether we are in the wrong/right spot.

Namaste 

tourist
Posted 2007-01-10 7:05 PM (#73625 - in reply to #73614)

Expert Yogi

Folks - if you do decide to pack your bags and leave, I just thought of an idea one of my kids uses. They get a free email account (hotmail, yahoo etc.) and give everyone in their group the password. That way everyone can go on the email account and see what others have sent in. Just a thought for you - hoping you will stay
Jambo
Posted 2007-01-10 8:40 PM (#73632 - in reply to #72290)
Subject: RE: The Friendship Continues

I hope you guys stay around. Dispite Gay Guy's issues, I have been enjoying your conversations which is so refreshing after some many posts by the regulars around here.

ellen
Posted 2007-01-10 8:53 PM (#73634 - in reply to #73614)

Dear ystan,

Thank you for giving me such good directions to the debate. I want you to know that since I first stumbled into yoga.com, I have always found a little rest in your thread, and been grateful for it. My only idea is that you could just ignore the other thread, it will for sure die out (especially if I can keep my mouth closed and not post in it ).

Those guys love to debate. I love to debate sometimes too, but not always over everything! I know you are feeling a little wounded (at least picked on!) and it has kind of taken the fun out of it, but the fun will come back quickly if you just don't pay attention... other than that, I think tourist has a good idea with the yahoo group. the only downfall is your group doesn't have an easy method to replenish itself, and the little grassy spot I sometimes sat on won't be here anymore.

I'm going to keep checking the on and off the mat thread, and I hope to see you all either here or there.

Warmly,
Ellen
ystan
Posted 2007-01-11 1:43 AM (#73645 - in reply to #73634)

Sometimes you just need to watch the deer in the meadow. If you make noise, they will scatter, and the beautiful moment is broken. #73633 "Re:Ivengar Forum needed?"

Dear Ellen,

You beautifully summarized the situation, thank you for your compliment that we provided a resting place for some, while we help one another to grow in our pursuit of Yoga. Hence it hurts deep when we were implied to be "Other stuff / Yoga Massage", or our existence in Ivengar Forum is "wearing dirty work boots to Yoga mats", or out rightly told, "Get out for you don't belong here". We may have rested our argument but we have not resolve our difference of opinion, the unease wipe out the peace and harmony, so some members felt it is no longer the conducive spot for Yoga practice. Of course if we are enlightened beings, we would be able to practice in any environment, but we are not. Hope this explains the situation. Do note what I said do not represent the group, it is just my observations.

Namaste

ellen
Posted 2007-01-11 3:10 AM (#73648 - in reply to #72290)

so far, my experience in OT has been very sweet. I think you could be respected there. So far, as long as I've been here, we've respected each other. When I first came to this board, I didn't evn find OT for a few days (too far down the page for me to reach), so no one could make the same arguement they're making now. And the name doesn't diminish us at all, I promise : ) ellen : )
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-11 11:31 AM (#73706 - in reply to #72290)

All I can say is this thread is a Phynix, it keeps returning to life. I can't argue with that, all I can say is that until Tssundaram returns my conscience doesn't allow me to dessert it. When the thread police return I'll plead to their tolerant side, or if that fails I'll direct them to Bikram where Cyndi is waiting. I just hope Tssundaram isn't dismayed by all the drama. Now its time to practice. Namaste, Shelly
ystan
Posted 2007-01-12 1:33 AM (#73790 - in reply to #73632)

Dear Jambo, thank you for enjoying our conversations; I hope you can feel the positive energies created by few friends genuinely care and encouraging each another. An example, TSSundaram, at his ripe age of 81, has a discipline of practicing Yoga for 2 hours a day! This must be due to good training and great influence of B.K.S. Ivengar, his teacher. (You can read about his daily life, his inspiring story on how/why he was one of Ivengar’s favorite student in our thread). TSSundaram has graciously but persistently encouraged us on pursue of Yoga, not just in asanas but the other aspects of Yoga as well. We have benefited a great deal from him, and we adore him. In my mind, he practices Yoga to it’s core. Again, thank you for appreciating us!

Dear Ellen, we need to figure out where/how we can best contribute, or should we adopt the suggestion of some, take our conversations private.

To you both, Namaste.

Cyndi
Posted 2007-01-12 9:05 AM (#73829 - in reply to #73706)

Expert Yogi

bstqltmkr - 2007-01-11 11:31 AM

When the thread police return I'll plead to their tolerant side, or if that fails I'll direct them to Bikram where Cyndi is waiting. I just hope Tssundaram isn't dismayed by all the drama. Now its time to practice. Namaste, Shelly

Hey Shelly,

That doesn't sound very friendly and 'yoga like'. In fact, that was very hateful and not necessary. What did I ever do to you to make you attack me like that?? Please explain, in detail. I've supported all of you guys, even when I had my doubts about it. After that statement, I think perhaps you guys are just trying to cause trouble on yoga.com. However, I'm open to receive a different perspective, although, when you make comments such as these, it makes one question your 'wavering' of "good and positve" energy.

For the record, I happen to like TSunderam too. I've had my own personal conversations with him in the past. I don't think its necessary for you to bash others and only include "certain" individuals in your group. Yoga.com is a place where everyone is welcome and can contribute to conversations in any way they choose, as long as they remain within the boundaries required when you sign up. This is an open forum and everyone should be treated respectfully. When that policy changes, Adios Amigo, I'll be gone too. Have a nice day Shelly.
tourist
Posted 2007-01-12 10:45 AM (#73848 - in reply to #73829)

Expert Yogi

Cyndi - I took that to be a compliment to you so now I am confused....
ystan
Posted 2007-01-12 2:32 PM (#73877 - in reply to #73829)

Cindy, this group has been having bad hair days lately, as you rightly pointed out, the positive energy has dissipated, and if we turn negative, it is because we are unable to handle negatives well, and thus some wrong choice of words and actions. Please excuse us as we need to go through a process of realization, self-analysis and rebuilt. However, in Shelly’s post#73706, it is clear that she regarded you as her protector of this vulnerable thread, in danger of been closed down soon, which is a compliment. She mentioned Bikrim Yoga becuase you have always displayed strong belief and association in this Yoga form, and you defended it with great convictions, which is a compliment. Namaste

Edited by ystan 2007-01-12 2:58 PM
Ravi
Posted 2007-01-12 4:37 PM (#73887 - in reply to #72290)

Om Namah Sivaya,

I hope this helps...this prayer is suppose to bestow on you health, long life, liberation, prosperity and peace. As of now shall there be no more negativity in this thread.......

Om trayambakam yajamahe -Om We worship the three-eyed One (Lord Siva)
Sugandhim Pushtivardhanam -who is fragrant and who nourishes well all beings;
Urvarukamiva Bandhanan -may He liberate us from death for the sake of Immortality
Mrityor Mukshiya Mamritat -even as a cucumber is severed from its bondage (to the creeper

Om Sarvesham Svasti Bhavatu -Om May auspiciousness be unto all.
Sarvesham Shantir Bhavatu -May peace be unto all.
Sarvesham Purnam Bhavatu -May fullness be unto all
Sarvesham Mangalam Bhavatu -May prosperity be unto all.

Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah -Om May all be happy.
Sarve Santu Niramayaah -May all be free from disabilities.
Sarve Bhadrani Pasyantu -May all look to the good of others.
Ma Kaschid-Dukha-Bhag-Bhavet -May none suffer from sorrow.

Asato Ma Sat Gamaya -Om Lead me from the unreal to the Real.
Tamaso Ma Jyotir Gamaya -From darkness to light.
Mrityor Mamritam Gamaya -From mortality to immortality.

Om Purnamadah Purnamidam -Om That is whole. This is whole
Purnat Purnamudachyate -From the whole the whole becomes manifest.
Prunasya Purnamadaya -From the whole when the whole if negated.
Purnameva Vashishyate -What remains is again the whole.

Om Shantih Shantih Shantih -Om Shantih Shantih Shantih
Om Peace Peace Peace -Om Peace Peace Peace

Om Shanti,
Ravi

Edited by Ravi 2007-01-12 4:46 PM

(1005575533.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1005575533.jpg (3KB - 60 downloads)
Cyndi
Posted 2007-01-12 4:41 PM (#73888 - in reply to #73887)

Expert Yogi

Ravi,

Why limit this mantra for this thread...why not extend it out to yoga.com and then the entire world....

Jaya Mata Di

ystan
Posted 2007-01-12 11:24 PM (#73906 - in reply to #73887)

Dear Ravi, that is really really nice of you! It came into the right place and I love it! It would be nicer if this prayer can be listened to in audio. Can you please explain why when a whole if negated, it remains as a whole? Namaste

bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-13 7:27 AM (#73916 - in reply to #72290)

Dear Cyndi, please accept that insulting you wasn't my intention. As it has already been mentioned I felt you were protecting us. I've seen exchanges between you and Tssundaram, I love that, and knowing about it is one reason I've posted his updates. I've also read the Bikram thread, actually most days I think I read everything posted through out this forum. Please forgive me if you felt my words were hateful, I was trying to something more playful, hateful absolutely wasn't my intention. Just one more thing though, My words are exactly that, MY words, I'm not speaking for my friends, just myself, and if my words offend anyone I take full responsibility. Sincerely, Shelly

Ravi, thank you so much. I appreciate your post.
judamom
Posted 2007-01-13 3:19 PM (#73965 - in reply to #73916)

Shelly, those of us that you have shared your true soul feelings with, know you are not capable of a deliberate hateful comment. Cindy, not your fault either---words read without voice and facial expression can take on meaning not intended by the author. Ravi, thank-you for such appropriate words. Namaste Judamom
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-14 8:49 AM (#74024 - in reply to #72290)

I love this passage, it's like a real pat on the back...

At home, on the other hand, it is your own intelligence that is the master, and the progress that you make is yours and will be maintained. In addition, the will that you employ is yours. It is not derived from the power, the charisma, the strength, or the fieriness of the teacher. It comes from you, and its effect profound. This is not yoga by the body for the body, but yoga by the body for the mind, for the intelligence. B.K.S. Iyengar Light on Life

It is profound. Namaste. Shelly
Cyndi
Posted 2007-01-14 11:32 PM (#74079 - in reply to #74024)

Expert Yogi

Hey Shelley and Judamon,

Thanks for the clarification, like I said, I was open to a different perspective,

So, I've been away for a couple of days. Went and did a double at the theater last night till 3 am. We saw Apocalypto, then Children of Men. I had so many mixed feelings about BOTH of these movies. I did however love the story of Apocalypto, I just didn't see the need to show the violence in such graphic detail...it could be quite disturbing at times. Children of Men was very wierd and I hope our civilization never comes to that. Talk about a past and future whirlwind all in one night.

Anyway, ya'll take care, I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I'm cool.
judamom
Posted 2007-01-15 2:18 PM (#74144 - in reply to #74079)

Cindi--So good to know you are cool. I can hardly handle violence in movies at all. I know it has been around forever but I do not want it in my world in the visual......I can imagine just fine without seeing it. 'Weird' I can handle easier than violent. It sounds as though it was a emotional stimulant just the same......what possessed you to do a double in one night of such intenseness? Company coming in 2 weeks.....motivated to get all kinds of things done that company coming inspires. This is a friendship of over 25 years and it was started by spiritual conversation and just kept going over all these years. I am looking forward to comparing our stage or phase at this point in time. I know comparison is not important or necessary but we do it as an observation, never a critique. Bye, Namaste Judamom
ystan
Posted 2007-01-16 6:16 AM (#74238 - in reply to #74144)

Friends, found this quote meaningful and would like to share with you. 

"True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation."- George Washington 

Judamom, friendships of 25 years certainly qualified as “True friendship”, congratulations and enjoy the coming union. 

I could not locate “friendship” been referred to in the Yoga Sutra, the spiritual path described seemed a lonely journey, focus on self & Self, except Self would have encompassed everything, friends and foes included. Anyone has insights to share?

Namaste

bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-16 8:10 AM (#74240 - in reply to #72290)

I'm waiting for the Curse of the Golden Flower to open near me. I think I have the name right, then I'll lose myself in the visual beauty. Until that's possible, I'm enjoying the beauty of winter and snow outside my window. My heart is singing at the sight of it. Yesterday I even practiced with my curtains open, I didn't want to miss any of it. It was so good, but I noticed a pedestrian going by, and fell out of triangle. I'm not used to that, but I enjoyed the rest of practice.

Judamom, happy to hear you have company coming. You have to balance that all work mode you were in for a few weeks.

Enjoy today, Shelly
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)