YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Friendship Continues
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Iyengar YogaMessage format

judamom
Posted 2006-12-27 4:32 AM (#72290)
Subject: The Friendship Continues

How about "The friendship Continues". Tourist suggested we start again so we won't have difficulty connecting. I just reread some of "zzzuluwarrior and friends" and it caused me to miss Ystan so. Her keen sense of humor and sharp understanding is missing now for two weeks....or more. I am wishing her all good things but will delight when I see her name here! I am busy completing things of this year so I start the New Year fresh. TS sent a wonderful article on Chakra's to my email. Honorable TSSundaram, do you want to share it with the forum since it is simple and clear for understanding? I would imagine many would be interested in studying it. ZZZulu we have not heard from you for awhile. Is all well with you? I feel like a Mom checking in on all children to be sure everyone is accounted for. Shelly, keeps touching in and sharing her 'love of life' and 'challenges' freely. Peace on the Planet! I started to say 'in 2007' but "NOW" is even better. Judamom
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-12-27 8:11 AM (#72295 - in reply to #72290)
Subject: RE: New Title for New Thread...

Hi Juda, I think you just named it "New Title for New Thread...". At least for now, since that's the title that will reappear when I answer you. Sorry, but I'm feeling a little sassy this morning. First, I'm incredibly happy that my inbox at yahoo has a letter from Ystan. I'm a little frustrated that my mail over there is freaking out, and I can't access it, but like I said I'm incredibly happy so it barely matters. The good news is there, and I know. Also, I'm seeing Tssundaram logged in, that's more good news. Thanks for the mail on Chakras yesterday. I'm still appreciating the beauty involved in the chart, then comes absorbing all the information.

Yesterday was relax day, today I have to rev up my engine and get back out there. I was not to be trusted to pick out my daughter's clothes for Christmas, and today they are going to pick their own. For some reason they don't want me to pick for them, but they also don't want to go out there and pick their own without me! So today is going to be a road trip, and shopping in the Junior department. It's a whole different world in there, it's fun but I'm glad to just be visiting. I love where I am in life. I'm off to enjoy the new day, Peace and Love, Shelly

Edited by bstqltmkr 2006-12-27 8:14 AM
tourist
Posted 2006-12-27 11:19 AM (#72302 - in reply to #72295)

Expert Yogi

Shelly - not to worry. I can change the title
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-12-28 11:31 AM (#72364 - in reply to #72290)

Hi Tourist, the power of the moderators never ceases to amaze me!

Good day to everyone, I have to say the shopping trip was a success, only minor drama errupted, and it blew over without incident. That just shows how much I've matured, haha, because before I would have taken the bait, and the minor drama would have blown into an openning night worthy extravaganza of drama rarely seen anymore! I have to say, I definately prefer less drama.

This morning I had some company drop in nice and early, the good news there is that my hair didn't scare anyone away. It seems the better my sleep is at night, the crazier my hair is in the morning. Small price to pay for a good night sleep. Now the house is quiet again, I must go tend to my mop before any more surprises. Then I will tend to my chores for the day, and see which direction my productivity will take, and of course I won't forget to enjoy. Also, I forgot to say "The friendship continues" sounds like a lovely title, I second Judamom's motion. It will be nice when everyone gets to posting again, but for now I'm thankful that we recieved some good news from Ystan, and also Tssundaram, seeing him logged in is the good news in itself. Zzzulu we know will drop in when she gets time, looking forward to that. So now I really am off to see the beauty that surrounds me, Shelly
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-12-30 8:25 AM (#72470 - in reply to #72290)

Hello everyone, today is starting out beautifully, with a soft gentle snow falling now. It's quiet, the teenagers certainly won't be up this early, and so the morning is relaxed and lovely. Later on they'll be off for a sleepover at my Mom's house, along with their younger cousins. It was such a good idea of mine that she should host a slumber party during this vacation!

Lately, everything relates to yoga. I was cooking soup for lunch yesterday, and had to stop and sharpen my knife. After the second half of the onion diced up so nicely, I was thinking on how spending a couple of minutes to keep my knife in good condition was like practicing postures to get the most out of my own personal instrument, my body. Just as a sharp knife is preferable, so is my my life with yoga. Namaste. Shelly
judamom
Posted 2006-12-30 9:12 AM (#72472 - in reply to #72470)

I want some soup with nicely diced onion in it. I go through the same thing with my knifes, it doesn't take long to keep them sharp but I use them till they are very dull. I wonder if I do not abuse my body just the same. The Holidays are hard on my body........I just eat things that I would pass on at any other time and I can feel the difference in my energy and attitude. I am VERY busy painting right now. I am working Sat. (today) Sun. and New Years Day to be on schedule and then I will take some time off and walk the beach for a day. I went from painting shades of green to painting yellow and white. It is all good!! Weather here is beautiful---70's and low 80's. Must run but didn't want to leave you all alone on the forum Shelly. You sound as though you are at a great state of mind. Wonderful idea, suggesting a sleep over at your Mom's. You going to do anything special. Wondering about TS, ZZZulu and Ystan. Maybe we can get back to normal interaction in the New Year..........I always remind myself to treasure the moment because the moment changes constantly and what is may not be always. Namaste Judamom
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-12-31 8:52 AM (#72526 - in reply to #72290)
Subject: RE: The Friendship Continues

Hi Juda, last night was so quiet and peaceful, I fell asleep on the floor in my living room! My husband had to wake me up to send me to bed, haha. Then this morning I found I was logged in here all night again. Oh well. I woke up in time to see the sun rise, which was amazing, and now the sky is beautiful.

Today is the last day of a very good year, and so I shall send it off properly, and enjoy this day. Tomorrow is important also as the start of a New Year, and so it also will be celebrated. One proper ending, and one fresh start. Hoping the best for all in the coming year, and as the friendship continues, all the wonderful influence your friendships bring me so that I continue to grow and improve. As wisdom and intelligence expand, so does the peace and love inside of me, as a result I'm more hopeful. Anything is possible, Shelly
ystan
Posted 2006-12-31 11:18 AM (#72538 - in reply to #72290)

Dear friends, I am much honored and happy to be part of this “friendship clan”. I looked forward to the New Year, with hope we will reconnect old and make new friends. I had caused much anxiety lately; please accept my sincere apology. I want you to know there are angels at and around of us, they are doing a fabulous job supporting and guiding other beings in need. While I may not escape the ups and downs of life cycle, I do have the capacity to meet, experience and make a wonderful journey. Best wishes to you and family; and may there be more peace, harmony, happiness for all to share and enjoy! Namaste
judamom
Posted 2006-12-31 5:47 PM (#72556 - in reply to #72538)

Ystan, So good to have you joining in again. This will be a great Year!! I think I always have said that.......and you know what........they all have been. As you said, there are always the ups and downs but we have assistance when we need.......either in angels or friends.........maybe they are one and the same!! Thank-you for setting us up under our new title Tourist. Please, anyone join in and the friendship continues and grows in number also. Happy New Year All!!! judamom
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-01 2:32 AM (#72566 - in reply to #72290)

Judamom:- I tried to bring the Chakras Simplified to the forum for the benefit of all. But the diagrams do not appear in the forum except the explanatory notes. In fact I feel forum is the right place for it to appear.Can somebody try for it? Wish you all a Very Happy New Year once again. I saw ystan's message in the Forum. Glad. Sundaram
judamom
Posted 2007-01-01 7:48 AM (#72571 - in reply to #72290)

TSSundaram--it is good to see you here again also! Could you give us a report on the eye surgery? Are you seeing better immediately or does it take time to confirm results? Now, I wish all good health in the New Year. Tourist may be the one to question on posting the Chakra piece. Tourist, TS has a beautifully illistrated article on Chakra's simplified that is the best I have ever seen in 30 years of interest. Can you possibly give us guidance in how to post it or is that even possible? Well wishes to all on this first day of a wonderful New Year! Juda
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-01 8:17 AM (#72572 - in reply to #72290)

Judamom:- Thank you for your prompt mail on Chakra simplified. I myself do not know the technicalities of sending the same to our latest forum. I did try, but only the written part is appearing in the forum and not the pictures which is important.
When I sent the Chakras to you, I simulteneously sent the same to zzzulu, ystan and bstqltmkr also by e-mail. If one of them can help us well and good.
Regarding my eyes,the surgery is not over. It is fixed for Friday the 5th of January 2007. That is why you see me once a way in this forum. Another three days more for the surgery. These days it is only a twenty minutes job with the advancement of medical science. I hope i can have the benefit of your special light and rays. Best regards. Sundaram.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-01 9:00 AM (#72574 - in reply to #72290)

Happy New Year! I love it when I come here and there are many posts to read.

Ystan, I've been looking forward to your post, I knew it would be wonderful and it is. Please don't apologize for the situation you just went through, any anxiety produced as a result of concern for you is the blameless type, and so there should be no apology attached. We just had to wait for your return, and now you're back, and we're all happy about it.

Tssundaram, I love the Chakra chart you sent me, but I lack in computer skills. I'm so bad, I can't think how to post it here. I had my daughter print it out for me, and I know she was getting frustrated, and had to reformat a few times. I was confused, but her fingers fly so fast, which only adds to my confusion.

Judamom, working hard on New Year's Day, I think that means you'll be working all year. Haha, how do you feel about that? Of course I'm no fortune teller, so if you want to relax all year feel free. My kitchen is yellow and white, when I picked the yellow, I put my favorite cornmeal in a baggie, and took it to the paint store and matched it. At first I thought oh no, Big Bird, but once I finished, I had a bright, cheery kitchen that I'm happy to work in, and no, it's not Big Bird at all.

So now I'm off into the first day of the New Year, with a good attitude and an open heart, Namaste, Shelly
zzzuluwarrior
Posted 2007-01-01 11:49 PM (#72620 - in reply to #72574)

Happy 2007 to all my wonderful friends

Started 1/1/07 with a 3 hour practice/class. One of my new year resolution is to do more home practice. anyone care to share their new year (yoga or otherwise) resolutions?

Wishing all of you a great start to 2007.

namaste

zzzulu
judamom
Posted 2007-01-02 8:12 AM (#72633 - in reply to #72620)

I made a resolution to send Birthday acknowledgements to family and friends. I had a friend with a birthday 1/1 so I had to call instead of a card. I want to check out cards and attempt to find each person a card that is connected with them or our friendship etc. so it will be fun and I haven't done it for some years so it does not feel like an obligation (which takes the fun out of it for me.......I prefer choice and desire over obligation). I also had to give some thought to the resolution to "smile more". I love people who smile (genuinely).........but then I remembered that some years back I had made a resolution to "laugh more". Why have I gone from laughing to smiling in some years time? Maybe some years away I will "snicker more".....who knows. Sending Smiles. Judamom
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-02 9:59 AM (#72636 - in reply to #72290)

Hi everyone, sometimes life is a little nutty, yesterday I had more proof of that. While cleaning my room I found the missing box of Christmas ornaments I was looking for! Well it was a bit strange, but at least all the decorations will be together next year. So yes, more organization is my main resolution. The reason I was in there cleaning is that I decided to put myself first once in a while this year. Usually if I were housecleaning, I would do all the family parts first, and probably not get to my room, so yesterday, I was first. Also, I'm realizing that if I stored all my fabric somewhere else, I would have room for yoga in there. That means if the house is chaotic, I could be holed up in my room in relative serenity. So really organization would make a big impact in my life. I won't be easy, but it will be worth it.

Here's another thought I had on how yoga and life relate. I was sewing on a project a couple days ago, and I needed a row of buttonholes. On a nice garment I would probably do them by hand, my machine makes them backwards and it always confuses me. On this project though, the buttonholes won't show, and so I decided to practice and I did them on the machine. The first few went as always, with a struggle. I knew I wasn't improving as I hoped to, so I resolved to pay even better attention to the motions. I found that simply lifting the presser foot at a certain stage of the buttonhole released pressure that was causing the machine to not sew straight. Instead of forcing it to go where I wanted it to, I released some pressure, and the machine did the work as it was supposed to. My buttonholes aren't perfect, but they've improved and are much easier to make. Life is good, Shelly
ystan
Posted 2007-01-02 10:09 AM (#72637 - in reply to #72633)

Dear friends, years back I was a “happy” and “positive” person, I had a ready smile that “radiated from my heart”. I questioned why some people have sad and sulky face, as if their lives were full of miseries. In my mind I am the heroine who maintain a great smile under any circumstances. But then, my “positive trait” took an about-turn when my husband departed, for about a year my smile evaporated. Now I am more compassionate towards others who do not carry a smile; I accept and readily witness life with both positives and negatives; this is real and not a life that is made believed. So my new-year resolution is to be more humane, compassionate, welcome and enjoy all feelings, understand sometimes a good cry is as good as a hearty laugh. Wishing TSSundaram a safe eye-operation and speedy recovery! Namaste.
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-02 11:57 AM (#72645 - in reply to #72290)

Ystan:-
My operation is only on next Friday the 5th of January . Though I am writing this against your wishes, it is a small one. I am deeply touched by your message 72637. A different Ystan has written that. The tone and tenor of the message are different again. Don't do that . To us, you are as you were before. You continue to be Great in our mind. The self confidence in you has not gone anywhere. Only think of the present and future .You are still a Happy and Postitive person. Please don't do such writings. You are always in us.
Thank you for your goodwishes. Sundaram.
ystan
Posted 2007-01-02 3:38 PM (#72661 - in reply to #72645)

Dear TSSundaram, I may not have been clear in my message, I am more positive as I grew to embrace all emotions; while previously I created a world excludes negatives. Books propagating positive attitudes, which made me felt guilty whenever I was in negative territory, had influenced me. This attitude created unnecessary stress as I need to exclude negatives in all situations, e.g. grief is negative thus should be excluded. Now I am more at ease with all emotions, and I learn to welcome and observe these emotions with less attachments and more equanimity. I wanted to share this important lesson I learn, and hope I explained. On another note, I admired you when you said on your eye-operation, that you just relax, let go and trust the eye-doctor do the job, and this is indeed good attitude! Namaste

judamom
Posted 2007-01-02 5:04 PM (#72666 - in reply to #72661)

Ystan, I knew what you were explaining as I have gone through the same type of thing........I used to scold myself if I weren't always happy but then I realized, as you, that unhappy is as real as happy and teaches also. I love it when I am positive and happy with no effort but I observe and attempt to learn also from the not happy and positive moods. TSSundaram wants us all to be happy, I can tell. I think he thought that is how you have been feeling after your surgery and he was encouraging you to be as you had been. Bless you both!! You are communicating feelings and not just 'things' and there is a difference. Anyone can discuss 'things' but it takes friends to discuss feelings........if not friends then at least two people who are willing to be vulnerable to one another by sharing on a soul level. I still have difficulty with that sometimes if I feel misunderstood. Life is good and we must 'keep talking' if we wish for mutual understanding, huh? Namaste Judamom Shelly, I will keep working and you keep organizing and we will make it fine. ZZZulu I am trying for more yoga time at home also.
ystan
Posted 2007-01-03 5:08 AM (#72695 - in reply to #72666)

Judamom, thank you for acceptance, support and encouragement! Since discharge from hospital, I have made good progress. My life is 80% back to normal, except to get rid of bad cough resulted from phlegm, the by-product of antibiotics for my lung infection. With TCM supplement I am now breathing smoothly and energies returning. Friends visited me yesterday commented I looked well and that is assuring. I look forward to returning to Yoga therapy classes next week, after 2 weeks rest as instructed by doctor.  I will be extremely careful and make sure I don’t over exert. I have full faith Yoga will help me to recover well, as I continue my journey with friends and family support right beside me. Talking about organizing our home, I have my brother and sister-in-law visited me over the year-end, I was totally pampered as he prepares daily meals and tonic for me, and in addition, he cleared half the out-of-date stuffs from my kitchen, which is now well organized, how wonderful, I will do well with more visits from him! Namaste everybody!
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-03 9:20 AM (#72703 - in reply to #72290)

Hi everyone, Ystan, I'm relieved to hear how well your living situation is going right now, and I have full confidence that you making all the right decisions for a smooth recovery. It must be nice to have your kitchen all organized. Oh no, I'm suffering from organization envy. I'll transform my envy into motivation to tackle some area in my house today , yay, inspiration! Today's a beauty, I've got to go enjoy it now, Shelly
judamom
Posted 2007-01-03 4:51 PM (#72741 - in reply to #72703)

Hey, it appears we have worn out our welcome here. Any suggestions where we can go to discuss our lives built around Yoga........other than Yoga.com? Namaste Judamom
sirensong2
Posted 2007-01-03 5:57 PM (#72746 - in reply to #72741)

no worries, everyone is welcome. your group is kind and supportive of one another..isn't that "yogic"? don't let someone elses less than supportive vibe ruin yours. stay!

Cyndi
Posted 2007-01-03 6:44 PM (#72749 - in reply to #72741)

Expert Yogi

I don't mind this at all. This forum has never been that busy at all. I enjoy reading the threads and have popped in from time to time. Please don't leave, but if you do, why not venture over to myspace. I'll join if you tell me where and when. Take care,

Cyndi
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)