YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

need advice and some help
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

kundalinikid
Posted 2006-12-05 8:44 PM (#71083)
Subject: need advice and some help

Well about a year ago i started to get involved in meditation and some tai-chi. A couple of months latter I started getting heat in my lower back. The heat rised and i got sick headaches and extreeme tirdness. Rining in the ears and about a week after it first began iI had really bad nausea and threw up for a day and almost was dragged into the emergancy room. I got twiches and tingly fealings all around my body. I went to see a nurologist who thought I had ms (muscular sclerosis) i got a catscan of my back and of my head and the doctor found nothing wrong. The heat in my back has stopped at around the middle of my chest now. It just stays there for a little bit and then trikles down into my leggs and my legs get really hot especialy in my knee caps. Its been a year of this now i still get occasional back pains and headaches when I get heat in my back. Latley thought the heat has been getting hotter and the pains in my back are starting to get worse and the frequency of the heat commiing up my back is getting more frequent, but it still stays in the middle of my chest and dosent rise any higher. I read that it is probbaly my heart chakra that is blocked. can any one point me in the right direction to take or give me any advice about how to manage it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2006-12-05 9:42 PM (#71088 - in reply to #71083)
Subject: RE: need adive and some help

Expert Yogi

kk- do you have a teacher or are you working on your own? Have you stopped meditating? Have you stopped tai chi?
kundalinikid
Posted 2006-12-05 9:55 PM (#71091 - in reply to #71083)

i am not working on my own it just kind of happened i think the tai chi played a big role it i stoped tai chi because of it and im currently not medditating
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-12-05 11:03 PM (#71093 - in reply to #71091)

kundalinikid - 2006-12-05 9:55 PM

i am not working on my own it just kind of happened i think the tai chi played a big role it i stoped tai chi because of it and im currently not medditating

My advice is: a) Start Tai Chi and start meditation which is learnt from an experienced person. b) And, then stop trying to know what exactly is going on currently with this heated matter. Do this step b) for 6 months.
tourist
Posted 2006-12-06 10:12 AM (#71116 - in reply to #71091)

Expert Yogi

kk - so you are saying you were meditating without a teacher?
kundalinikid
Posted 2006-12-06 5:11 PM (#71152 - in reply to #71083)
Subject: RE: need advice and some help

well in meditation i was just trying to clear my mind and try to relax because i was under some stress im not stressed anymore so i dont meditate anymore.

but what are you saying that i should stop trying to think about the heat issue

Edited by kundalinikid 2006-12-06 5:12 PM
tourist
Posted 2006-12-06 6:55 PM (#71160 - in reply to #71152)

Expert Yogi

I am saying don't meditate without a teacher, although if youwere "just trying to clear your mind" then that is not a deep practice and would be highly unlikely to cause kundalini problems. Tai chi moves energy around as well but again, if you were simply practicing the basic forms, I doubt that is the problem. I have been told that heat usually means nerve involvement, so the neurologist was the right guy to see. I don't have much more advice than that, but don't meditate or practice yoga without being with a highly experienced and trained teacher.
kundalinikid
Posted 2006-12-06 9:09 PM (#71166 - in reply to #71083)

so bassicly i live with it and hope for the best
i guess im looking for answers but i can't find anyone to help or answer them.I think this is kundalini related all other theorys are out the window. ive already had the doctor check and do tests and im perfectly healthy so i dont know where to go from this point. should i find someone to teach me and does it sound like its kundalini related

Edited by kundalinikid 2006-12-06 9:17 PM
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-12-06 11:12 PM (#71167 - in reply to #71166)

kundalinikid - 2006-12-06 9:09 PM

so bassicly i live with it and hope for the best
i guess im looking for answers but i can't find anyone to help or answer them.I think this is kundalini related all other theorys are out the window. ive already had the doctor check and do tests and im perfectly healthy so i dont know where to go from this point. should i find someone to teach me and does it sound like its kundalini related

1. Start Tai Chi again (daily) and increase it gradually. Continue for 6 months. 2. In those 6 months, do not use the word Kundalini. Change your id from Kundalinikid to TaiChiKid. 3. Take 1 hour at least one extra hour sleep daily, to that you do now. 4. And, if possible do some aerobic activity daily such as climbing, swimming, etc. NOT Aerobics class. 5. And, then inform us. If you can not wait 6 months, do this for 3 months.
Nick
Posted 2006-12-07 9:26 AM (#71186 - in reply to #71167)

Hi,
Look at this website, it has some good tips (http://www.uhs.wisc.edu/display_story.jsp?id=649&cat_id=3-is anything in your life counter-productive to a healthy spine? I cannot comment on the kundalini question-but even if it is a 'kundalini problem,' then surely it is the nervous system which is making you aware of the problem itself-i.e. the nervous system is a conduit. By tackling the nervous system, it may be that the kunalini issue resolves itself.
And, no you should not put up with the pain/heat-something is malfunctioning. I have a degree in chiropractic, so I am bound to say that a good spinal manipulator, whether osteopath or chiropractor, should be able to detect abnormalities in the spine or surrounding tissue-their training is second to none. bear in mind that you always have the neurologist to turn to if the pathology is outside of a chiro's remit-but the chiro will run all sorts of tests if they are unsure of the problem being musculoskeletal. It has been proposed that the dysfunction of the spine can result in dysfunction of something called the sympathetic chain-these are neurons of the sympathetic nervous system, that run alongside the thoracic spine-all the sympathetic nerves leave the thoracic spine, and joint this chain, and then supply the different body parts.
I just used this as an example, but something about your description rang a few bells-Obviously, I cannot be specific-but my advise is, a good spinal manipulator can be a back pain patient's best friend-they have the expertise to recommend exercise, as well as adjust the psine if they feel it would help.

Nick

Edited by Nick 2006-12-07 9:27 AM
jonnie
Posted 2006-12-07 1:08 PM (#71217 - in reply to #71186)

Nick - 2006-12-08 5:26 PM

A good spinal manipulator can be a back pain patient's best friend-they have the expertise to recommend exercise, as well as adjust the psine if they feel it would help.

Nick

My grandmother always told me to never trust a chiropractor who couldn't spell 'spine'

Jonathon
Nick
Posted 2006-12-07 2:41 PM (#71231 - in reply to #71217)

hi Jonathon,
Hmm, interesting, can spell 'spinal' but not 'spine.' I was talking of course of the psychological spine, known within circles far too discreet to be mentioned here-the psine (pronounced 'sine).
That was weak even for me
Nick
kundalinikid
Posted 2006-12-07 5:47 PM (#71248 - in reply to #71083)

kk thanks for the advice ill update you as i go along and yeah i think i will go see a chiropractor to see if there are any problems.
Nick
Posted 2006-12-07 11:30 PM (#71283 - in reply to #71248)

hi KK,
You may have to shop around-ask friends if they have had a good treatment, you don't want to get hooked in to a course of expensive treatments, unless absolutely necessary.
Nick
kundalinikid
Posted 2006-12-11 10:42 PM (#71544 - in reply to #71083)

kk thanks for the advice im going to see a chiropractor saturday to check on my spine/ back
Nick
Posted 2006-12-12 3:23 AM (#71546 - in reply to #71544)

Hi KK,
Good stuff, let us know how it goes, hope it goes well!

Nick
Posted 2006-12-23 8:18 AM (#72221 - in reply to #71083)

HI,

I´ve doing channeling and rising kundalini for longer period of time with success.

the sympthoms you´ve mentioned show true kundalini effects.

you don´t need to be scared about it like me, after visiting plenty of shops in

india. you´re very lucky then. if you like to know more about it, have a look into the book

written by chris scott kilham "the five tibetans".thanks to him kundalini is always with me,

and it goes beyond... it has changed my life.... GEORGE

(kilham.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments kilham.jpg (37KB - 147 downloads)
praying mantis
Posted 2007-02-01 7:36 AM (#75952 - in reply to #71083)

kundalinikid,

may i first ask you what type of meditation you were doing? Was it mantra or breathing exercises or what?

I hope this goes away soon.

Posted 2007-02-02 4:29 PM (#76171 - in reply to #71083)

KK

are you doing any pranayama in your practice?
tweeva
Posted 2007-02-08 4:43 AM (#76848 - in reply to #71083)

Veteran

Dear KK,

I post this reply a bit late, hoping that your problems are resolved by now. I experienced something very similar.
Please give some feedback on your current situation.

Kind regards,
Tw

Edited by tweeva 2007-02-08 5:01 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)