YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yoga as Tool-4-Empowerment
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Yoga TherapyMessage format

deZengo
Posted 2006-12-01 1:42 PM (#70716)
Subject: Yoga as Tool-4-Empowerment

I thought I would add this thought on using Yoga as a tool for empowerment. I went to Wikipedia | http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga#Yogatherapy | and read their post/thoughts on this idea.

I believe that many can see that Yoga can assist any healthly lifestyle. What they do not mention or identify with are they psychological effects that Yoga can have on those who practice it. I discovered, by chance or gift, that my practice was strengthening more than just my muscles. I believe that Yoga can be used to assist those with destructive addictions, bad habits, thoughts etc... By strengthening the mind / body connection we have the very ability to assist in our own healings. The book, "The Makers Diet" speaks of the remarkable effects of just changing the food type and amount we intake. Sounds simple, but who would have thought it could also allow us to correct illnesses or disease based upon diet? If we apply the same principle to yoga, changing the way we treat our body,mind & spirit could allow each of us to heal from the inside out.

I would love to discuss the techniques that have worked for me -- but also, to learn what tools are being used by others in their cosmic journey. It has taken me a very long time to realize that ALL -- born of flesh and blood are challenged in many of the same ways. We grow, struggle, learn, share and expand our own circle of love to include all that was created. I can no longer isolate myself and love only what I believed to be safe -- my parents, children, friends. It is time that I love those who have hurt me the deepest; knowingly or unknowingly.

The last year has been a necessary time out for me. I have fought breast cancer & won. I was/am going through an extreemly painful and destructive divorce. As, the smoke has started to clear, I am so thankful for this adversity. I might never have taken the opportunity to look inward for happiness, rather than outward. No other person can truly make me happy or give me inner bliss! Money does come and go. Ultimately, when I had to face death in a very personal way -- I chose LIFE!

-- namaste and blessings

deZengo
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)