YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Teacher Training Programs
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

grundig7
Posted 2006-11-30 11:03 PM (#70635)
Subject: Teacher Training Programs

I'd like to get some recommendations for a good teacher training program that I can do next summer, either in Los Angeles or New York. I'd love to hear from anyone who has completed a teacher training program in either city. Right now, I'm leaning towards Yoga Works, but I have heard some mixed reviews of their teacher training program...

Ekachakra
http://yogaisforlovers.wordpress.com/
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jonnie
Posted 2006-12-01 6:13 AM (#70649 - in reply to #70635)
Subject: RE: Teacher Training Programs

Sorry, I have no experience of teacher training in the States (not actually living there). Though looking at your excellent blog and considerable athletic ability, I'm sure whichever one you choose you'll do very well.

Dharma Mittra in NY offers and interesting teacher training and maybe Shiva Rea in LA would be you thing as well.

Good luck,

Jonathon
tourist
Posted 2006-12-01 10:15 AM (#70670 - in reply to #70635)

Expert Yogi

grundig - I can't imagine training with teachers I don't know personally. It would be weird to fly in somewhere, train to teach and then fly home, without having the people who taught me close enough to talk to and ask questions. Of course, in this age, we are all close, relatively. But still, I would want to know the studio, have a clear idea of their philosophy and system of yoga etc. before I turned my yoga self over to them. I admit I am blessed with a large local yoga community and not everyone has that, but I think I would want to spend time with these people before training with them if at all possible...
ranedae
Posted 2006-12-06 1:50 AM (#71095 - in reply to #70635)

Specifically Yandara in Mexico :

http://www.yandara.com/

looks lovely and who wouldn't want to do yoga in Mexico for a month? But how is the training? I enjoy Iyengar and Hatha - is $2k worth it?

Ranedae
sonjah
Posted 2006-12-07 5:20 PM (#71243 - in reply to #70635)

Greetings Ekachakra,

Are you interested in coming to Canada for your teacher training. Trinity Yoga offers an awesome, comprehensive program - check out their website: trinityyoga.net. I recently completed the program in beautiful Squamish, BC (near Whistler). The teachers are very knowledgeable and are committed to staying connected with their students (via internet/chat).

Are you familiar with Ascent magazine? A woman from my hometown (Nelson, BC) wrote an article about of her experience at the teacher training program.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

blessings,
Sonja
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)