YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

continue the journey
[Frozen]

Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    Yoga -> Iyengar YogaMessage format

tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-11-30 12:05 PM (#70568 - in reply to #68990)
Subject: RE: continue the journey

ystan:- The way judamom has written the marthon mail # 70525, I am inclined to place her as a Great Yogini. Respectful Regards to her.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
judamom
Posted 2006-11-30 2:28 PM (#70587 - in reply to #70554)

Ystan, I thought I had mentioned I practice with a Rodney Yee video that my children gave me. I have taken classes in the past and have a beautiful Integral Yoga Hatha book by Yogiraj Sri Swami Satchidananda. The instructor who taught the class in Durango, Colorado became a friend and taught me so much of diet and attitude etc. because she truly lived it. I thought you knew that my mat is in my newly decorated meditation room and I do Yoga several times each week. As for the Sutra's......I was lead to Alice Bailey's interpretation of the Patanjali Sutras because of the title "The light of the Soul". It was some of the most inspiring and comprehensive spiritual teachings I had ever came across. I had been exposed to the exercise twenty years ago but not the philosophy until five years ago. I imagine it would be wonderful to know sanskrit and read it in that language but Alice Bailey does a wonderful job and she gives other interpretations to compare with her own. Eventually I will read another interpretation but I am still very satisfied with hers. I have read it at least three times....but always keep it close at hand for clarafication. When I keep telling you to listen and trust your inner voice........I do that myself. I have never been able to afford 'lessons' but that has never stopped me at Yoga, or Painting, or Piano or anything else. If it is not my inner self leading and teaching me then......something is inside motivating the heck out of me. One answer I received in this forum was that I could be 'copping out' or 'fooling myself' or some such sillyness......I gave it a quick moments consideration then went on with my learning from within. If I am wrong or way off track then I sure have had a beautiful life just the same. It is so easy for us all to think that we are not capable within ourselves and need others "who know" to teach us..........that is a definate options for those who chose to take that approach. I tend to think whatever our approach....we will all be "One" eventually. I remember a good friend and myself standing at the top of a mountain and shouting down at the tiny cars way below "IT DOESN"T MATTER!" That was because everytime we attempted to take a line of thinking to the end......that was the answer we concluded every time. Namaste from Honorable Blabber Mouth.
ystan
Posted 2006-11-30 10:06 PM (#70630 - in reply to #70587)

Honorable Bubbly Judamom, my apology, I must have missed your post on Yoga training and regular practice, I had thought the beautiful room with crystal reflecting sunny rays of rainbow colors was for meditation only. I must go back and re-listen to your writing now that I have this nice reading software. Since of a very young age, I have this inner voice that leads me, but it is only now I realize the inner voice is capable of guiding more, including moving into uncharted territories. Thanks for sharing on Yoga Sutra, and your guidance! Namaste

note: Bubbly=full of life, a compliment.

Edited by ystan 2006-11-30 10:11 PM
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-12-01 8:05 AM (#70655 - in reply to #68990)

Judamom, you have a gift that you can make me laugh and inspire me at the same time. I'll continue to reread your posts, and be inspired. Thank you, and good day to everyone, Shelly
zzzuluwarrior
Posted 2006-12-01 6:07 PM (#70776 - in reply to #70525)

Hi Judamon
Thank you for sharing your favorite poses. You like the queen and king of poses :-)

And the wonderful game you play, imagining while working. That's so inspiring. I will remember that. Can you imagine the whole world play that game? Then there'll be no room for violence!

Thank you for your inspiration.

zzzulu
zzzuluwarrior
Posted 2006-12-01 6:08 PM (#70778 - in reply to #70655)

Dear Shelly, Judamon, Ystan, Tssudaram, Tourist and all
wishing you all a wonderful, sattvic, beautiful weekend.

zzzulu

bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-12-02 7:53 AM (#70813 - in reply to #68990)

Good day everyone. Last night the power of nature was astounding. We had some wild wind and freezing rain, and the huge pine tree in our back yard was blown down. It was the strangest luckiest thing, the only casualty was my clothes line. It fell right on our dog house, but the branches held it up from crushing it. I can't believe how lucky we were. It missed our house, and our neighbors, their was one way it could fall to cause the least damage and that's exactly the way it fell. Through the whole thing, I slept like a baby. My husband was pacing almost all night though. Today I'm wonderously thankful. Hope everyone is well, Shelly
ystan
Posted 2006-12-02 9:59 AM (#70816 - in reply to #70813)

Hi Shelly, Thank God you and family (and your dog) are safe! That must a benevolent pine tree with a big heart, work its last breath fighting for life, and upon death still ensures others are safe. I hope you make good use of its trunk, make it into tables and stools etc. as remembrance of its good deed! I shall salute your pine tree with a three-minute Vrksasana (golden-hearted-tree pose). Namaste.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-12-02 12:16 PM (#70827 - in reply to #68990)

So, the chainsaw made quick work of that pile of wood. The yard is again neat and tidy, except for a pile of logs and branches. And of course the dog was walked and fed, and reassured, and given some love. We could hear other chainsaws working in the area, so I know others had some problems with their trees also. I love how the wind make the air smell so clean. Happiness, Shelly

Ystan, thank you so much.

Edited by bstqltmkr 2006-12-02 12:18 PM
judamom
Posted 2006-12-02 3:03 PM (#70834 - in reply to #70827)

Wow, one cannot miss a part of a day here if the news is to be kept current! Shelly, so glad all is well and like Ystan said, that the tree gave up it's life making sure all was safe in it's fall. Do you have a fire place? That could be warm, wonderful atmosphere for a reincarnation of the tree. Zulu could you remind me of what sattvic means.....and thank-you for your weekend wishes! Honorable TSSundaram you are the only one who hasn't touched in this day......I am wishing you well. Do convey to Her Magesty that we appreciate the time she shares you with us all. Namaste from Florida Judamom
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-12-02 3:28 PM (#70835 - in reply to #68990)

Hi Judamom, My husband has a woodstove in his garage, which I'm sure some pieces will make their way to. Some large pieces he says he wants to dry slowly, and use for carving sculpture. Some branches are going to be woven into Christmas decorations. We'll miss the tree, but we will make good use of it. The power was also out for the night, luckily it didn't get too cold, and it came on just in time for coffee in the morning. We had a few difficulties, but even those were cooperating. Sending Love, Shelly
tourist
Posted 2006-12-02 9:26 PM (#70854 - in reply to #70835)

Expert Yogi

Shelly - we have been without power already this year and many, many lovely trees in our neighbourhood are going into wood stoves (next winter when they are dry, of course) this year. Am I alone in wondering why, in this, the 21st century, we still have power lines strung up above our heads and homes the same as they were at the beginnning of the last century when they were newly invented? Even in big cities? I am feeling like our power companies had better get moving and modernize soon...
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-12-03 6:48 AM (#70867 - in reply to #68990)

bstqltmkr. I just read your mail 70813 on the wild wind and torrential rain, the force of which uprooted the huge pine tree in your back yard. Not much of damage I suppose, but the situation must have been very tense,. God is great. Yourself and all family members must have been in terrifying moments at that time. I cannot think for a moment of such a situation, because I have personally experienced it in the year 1948 at Bombay. Any way all of you are safe and I pray for you all to get back to normal life very soon. I could not get in touch with any body for almost a full day, as my internet stopped working, telephone was dead and I was out of contact with the world. Take care, Shelly. Wish you all the best.
tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-12-03 7:28 AM (#70868 - in reply to #68990)

Judamom. Thank you for remembering me through your post 70834. Yes, you are right. I am the only one who has not touched the forum for a day on 2nd/3rd Dec. I was out touch with the world for a day almost, because my internet stopped working and my telephone was dead. I could get to know of Nature's havoc at Shelly's place only now when the lines were restored. What a mental torture and agony Shelly would have felt in those few minutes when Nature's wrath was at its High pitch. God does these shadow boxing at times, but will not take it to the extreme to teach one. Because, we are all God fearing.

You have seen Coconut trees, top heavy, full of coconuts at the top and the trees also very very tall. No body can easily climb up. The tree sways from one side to another. With all these, have you ever heard of a weighty coconut fruit falling from the top on somebody's head. I have not heard so far. Such things will not happen in the normal course. Very rare.God has allowed the tree to grow like that and will also see that such a thing does not happen . There lies the greatness of God. So, in Shelly's case these are just tests of God and she has come out successful . That is how I look at it. Best Wishes.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-12-03 8:43 AM (#70871 - in reply to #68990)

Good morning to everyone, today there is no wind at all, everything outside is very still. Yesterday I was working on a project, and looked up in time to see the most beautiful sunset, and took the time to appreciate it. Today I feel as calm and still as the weather itself.

Tssundaram thank you so much for your perspective on trees, and also for thinking of me. I can hardly believe your internet service was gone for only a day, it seems we didn't hear from you for much longer. How can that be?

Tourist, I've been to towns that bury their electical wires, just the improvement in the scenery alone would make it worthwhile. Added safety to that, you think it would have happened long ago.

I came back this morning, and found I was logged in here all night. Maybe part of me was enjoying the support and caring I feel here too much to leave. Now I will be brave and log off, I will take all the warm feeling I get here with me, Thankfully, Shelly
judamom
Posted 2006-12-04 7:53 AM (#70937 - in reply to #70868)

TSSundaram--good to have you back in touch with the world. I only have one comment and I must get on with my day. When you wrote that we are all God Fearing........my head said "I am not". I used to be but I changed to a very loving God and I like it better. Who knows why Mother Earth reacts the way she does sometimes.....to cleanse herself, to detoxify herself, to stretch and exercise? Is she effected by mass consciousness? Does she respond to our ill treatment of her? I think she works with us the best she can because she loves us, otherwise she could just get rid of us all. I do not like fear in anything.....respect yes.....fear no. If one considers life going on after death (which I certainly do not proclaim to know for sure--but actually, does it really matter) how can we fear the end of this life? The only thing we know for sure is WE ARE HERE....and all trying to figure out why and what to do about it. How long we will be here and how enjoyable the journey is is the interesting part. Please do not consider me arguementative. I love discussions with mutual respect for individual understandings and am curious why your God is to be feared when mine is not? Others, join in with mutual respect if you like but TSSundaram is so special and I have not detected him to be fearful before so I am curious. Honorable TS, please, if I have touched on too personal contemplations to share via forum, I understand and you have my email address........or if it is too personal to discuss period, just ignor this post completely. Peace. Judamom
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-12-05 11:17 AM (#71029 - in reply to #68990)

Hope everyone is well. I had a pretty busy day yesterday. My girls had no school, and we spent some time sorting branches, and making wreaths. We finished three giant sized ones. and also the tip of the tree became our Christmas tree, and is inside the house. It's not totally decorated, but it's getting there. I didn't have too much Christmas spirit earlier, and it's starting to feel more like it. At least for sure it looks like Christmas, and smells like Christmas in here. The fresh pine scent in the house is so nice. Maybe I'll even be able to get excited enough to shop soon. I don't know about that though. Today the shoulders are a bit stiff, I'll be sure to down dog plenty in practice later. Namaste. Shelly
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-12-07 3:04 PM (#71232 - in reply to #68990)

Hi everyone. Yesterday I was either rushing around frantic, or out of the house. Then when I did get online last night it was to finally make a dent in some of the Christmas shopping. I racked up a bill and felt better, and slept like a baby. I'm still rushing around now, and I have to leave soon. I mostly wanted to say hi to everyone. Gosh it sure is quiet here. Hope everyone is well, and is able to post soon. Shelly
ystan
Posted 2006-12-07 11:53 PM (#71287 - in reply to #71232)

Hi Shelly and friends, it has been unusually quiet isn’t it? This is the pair of opposite effect, had we not been “noisy” earlier, we would not have felt a sense of “emptiness” now, agree? And we seemed to have a small amount of anxiety level (that friends may not be doing well if they do not post). I would like to believe everyone needs rest in order to rethink, recharge, renew so we can enjoy our journey to its fullest, and like Judamom said, “we are been taken cared of by our loving god, in whatever state we are in, to whichever state we are moving into” (hope I quoted her correctly). If we keep that faith, there is lesser anxiety. So let’s make our silence peaceful and blissful!

But when you wake up my friend, you better drop by and tell everyone how you are doing! Hmm.. Namaste 

tssundaram_80
Posted 2006-12-08 1:22 AM (#71288 - in reply to #68990)

To All my Friends,
I was away for two days and returned only today morning. Hope everything is fine with all of you. Regards. Sundaram.
judamom
Posted 2006-12-08 2:49 AM (#71290 - in reply to #68990)

Good to see everyone 'checking in'. Is the Holiday Season busy in all parts of the world the same? Hope you all are well. I wish I had pictures of everyone......is there anyway we can do that? Maybe through our email addresses we could exchange resident addresses so we could exchange pictures. It would be fun to put faces to the dear ones we correspond with. Anyone else agree? Hope the season is fun for everyone. Health and Happiness. Judamom
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-12-08 8:12 AM (#71297 - in reply to #68990)

Yay, I'm so happy, I know I'm not talking to myself anymore. I guess I was feeling a little insecure, haha. Things are going well for me, and I hope the same for everyone. Unfortunately, I'm not able to relax quite yet, and don't have much time. Next time I return I'll be inspired now, and write a book! Time for me to toil away. Happiness, Shelly
judamom
Posted 2006-12-08 11:58 PM (#71399 - in reply to #71287)

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I am busy contemplating my hopes for the New Year. I always enjoy the new beginnings it offers although in truth it is a continuation......it still always feels like a fresh start. I started out by going to the library to read about the Zulu tribe or people out of curiousity and ended up bringing books home on African Art. Think I will hibernate with some books and music for the weekend. I am painting all shades of green at the job I am on so my heart chakra is being stimulated daily. I have hopes of Peace in the New Year. I will focus on my grandson's affirmation of "It is very possible!" He was referring to 'in my lifetime' but I am imagining 'in this New Year'. I would like to enjoy the world in Peace for years before I die. War makes absolutely no sense to me........I cannot imagine what kind of karma one would cause in their life if they killed others. On the other hand it seems the karma would be wonderful if one could simply love others as oneself.........although it seems even that is difficult for some. Christmas seasons brings out hope to me and New Year brings out determination. I thought I submitted a wish for a picture exchange but it is not here.......maybe such a request is out of line on this forum but I will try again. I would love to have pictures of each of you. Any suggestions on how to go about it? Health and no stress through the Holiday Season! Judamom
ystan
Posted 2006-12-09 12:18 AM (#71400 - in reply to #71297)

Hi Shelly and friends, come to think of it, I like the word start with "re" very much, it is like we can have a second or third or many more chances to better our lives. So I shall add a few more..

Recycle our waste, reward our soul, relax our mind, remove our blockage, rethink our directions, recharge our energies, renounce our attachments, renew our faith, reborn to a new body....but most importantly...Remember To Post!

Judamom, your tiny wish of getting my picture shall be granted.. but I have not taken my best picture yet... hi hi... Namaste 

bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-12-09 8:48 AM (#71413 - in reply to #68990)

Hello everyone and good day. The house is very quiet right now, and I have a few minutes to spare. My younger daughter and her dad went to her volleyball tournament, the older girl is still sleeping for a bit. In a little while her and I are going to have to leave and go to my Mother's for a Christmas cookie baking extravaganza. It's a good thing, but was a little conflicting also. I'm sad to miss the tournament. My girl is an awesome player, I'm so proud of her. I never enjoyed volleyball when I was in school, I always messed up, and also got hit in the face a lot of the time. My daughter though is another story. She is a fierce player, and I love to watch her. Also, I get to cheer really loud, I'm not kidding about that, when else can I get loud, and its approved? I'm not a rude spectator, I don't cheer the other team's mishaps, but a good play from my team and everyone will hear from me. Also, she was a little bummed to not be able to make it for the cookie baking. So that was the conflict, the resolution left everyone wanting a bit, but what can be done? Not too much, we have to make compromises. I'll be glad to hear her stories later, and I'm sure she'll be glad to eat some cookies.

Hey Ystan, I've been rereading the posts here, it's very rewarding. Judamom, I hope to get to the library soon, It's been on my mind to get a nice art book and absorb it all in. Oh yeah, and my house is green also. I chose green because I thought the creator used green for the most noble of life forms, the trees. We abuse them, and they do only good things for us, patiently too I might add, so I wanted to honor them.

Last night I lost one of my favorite gloves. It's a weird thing that now they're separated, and so they are now basically useless. I wish I had lost them both, and someone could use them. Oh well, I shouldn't have been attached to gloves, or they should have been physically attached to me, like a child. Haha. Peace. Shelly
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)